Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

West Ham kept faith with Allardyce, should we therefore keep faith with Hughton?

Four games ago West Ham were deep in relegation trouble on 18 points, playing poorly and couldn''t buy a win.  They have picked up 10 points from the last 4 games, winning their last 3.

One would assume the Hammers board thought their best chance of survival was sticking with big Sam and they have now given themselves a great chance.

As it appears that Hughton has not lost the dressing, we aren''t in as deep trouble as West Ham were, the players are behind Hughton and we have been playing well the last few games (bar the momentary defensive lapses) and creating chances, does keeping Hughton give us our best chance of staying up and therefore in the best interests of the club?[:^)]

The argument for changing is no better than the argument for sticking judging by the evidence.Some who changed may go down some who didn''t may go down.Whoever is safe will think they made the right decision.

It''s a gamble to keep Hughton.

I think the team is now less than the sum of it''s parts, that says to me that the manager is not getting the results he should be from this group of players. A new manager would get us the 4 wins needed with a few draws and we''d be able to forget about this season and move on to another season of premiership football under a competent manager that had at least some idea how to win properly.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It''s a gamble to keep Hughton.

I think the team is now less than the sum of it''s parts, that says to me that the manager is not getting the results he should be from this group of players. A new manager would get us the 4 wins needed with a few draws and we''d be able to forget about this season and move on to another season of premiership football under a competent manager that had at least some idea how to win properly.[/quote]Forget it, there will be no change now and it''s pointless to keep harping on about it.For good or ill we go with what we''ve got.It''s fingers crossed time now.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]A new manager would get us the 4 wins needed with a few draws and we''d be able to forget about this season.......[/quote]It''s impossible to say what effect a new manager would have, so to state as a fact a new manager would keep us up is just plain daft.

west ham played most of the first half of season without a striker the board have brought in some player on loan and carroll is on the way back !

I think he kept his job due to the high levels of injuries to the squad and used it as an excuse.

Alot of the West Ham players came back about 3 weeks ago, I remember on talksport they said Big Sam wouldn''t be able to use the excuse anymore and they have since won 3 games in a row.

Allardyce like Pullis is tried and tested in the premiership, particularly at the medium sized clubs. Hughton by contrast has all his premiership experience as manager with us bar half a season at Newcastle. You judge upon what you see plus the history of the manager the answer is NO

We have nearly got to stage where too late to change , if we do has to be this week. I suspect we will not change and I am therefore almost certain we will go down.

Hughton does not have experience Allardyce has and is showing all the signs of manager who has lost the plot.

No manager would change the team as he did last night, when you in control change nothing unless an injury. Our wingers had their full backs too worried to come forward.

Pull is has shown what a new manager with experience can do even with poor side.

McNally has made huge mistake in sticking with Hughton should have been gone in November. Hughton will never be good manager he is not arrogant , ruthless or tough enough.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]A new manager would get us the 4 wins needed with a few draws and we''d be able to forget about this season.......[/quote]It''s impossible to say what effect a new manager would have, so to state as a fact a new manager would keep us up is just plain daft.[/quote]

Well I think a new manager would have more of a chance than Hughton would.