Sign in to follow this  
Hughtons P45.2

Beefy, LDC and co

Any analysis of the the last three games can only conclude that we were attacking enough to create enough clear cut chances to win each game and possibly 9 points. It not the tactics that are failing us now - earlier in the season may be - but no longer.

It is not bad luck that we have just one, it is rank bad finishing with Hooper missing most chances, and every attacking player having an opportunity to get us the lead goal we need. As such it really is the players fault that we have just one point; poor finishing and poor defending - a fatal combination that only lays at the players door.

As far as the subs are concerned they were all wrong today - although he did get 3 decision out of the six for me.

Hooper off - right choice for me; 9 games no goals and too many easy misses back to the everton game; he also seems incapable of scoring without elmander. more importantly he was tiring today (most of his good stuff today was in the first half) so taking him off was the right call.

Elmander on - why or why? his good performances are all in tandem with hooper, not one good one as a lone striker. Those calling for becchio are miles off the mark; ricky was the right call today.

Pilks on - again the right call; solid game on sat and always gives a moment of quality - very unlucky not to start Snoddy had moments but was again wasteful, but more importantly his starting does affect the balance of midfield and slows play down; sat was a success because he did not start.

Redmond off - !k!k? Redderz showed sat he can last a game and was our creative output today - have their back four in knots. the most staggering choice.

RvW on - right choice - but too late;

Tettey off - really? he is better on every level over BJ - go 442 with BJ is staggering - tettey again the better player today.

wets sham mugged 3 points today through our attacked ineptitude and we then gave a goal away through a defensive shocker - take off our potential match winner for non game changers (as he did with the bizarre pilks for whittaker sat) only compounded the players ineptitude to fulfill their own and so the clubs potential

quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"Any analysis of the the last three games can only conclude that we were attacking enough to create enough clear cut chances to win each game and possibly 9 points. It not the tactics that are failing us now - earlier in the season may be - but no longer.

It is not bad luck that we have just one, it is rank bad finishing with Hooper missing most chances, and every attacking player having an opportunity to get us the lead goal we need. As such it really is the players fault that we have just one point; poor finishing and poor defending - a fatal combination that only lays at the players door.

As far as the subs are concerned they were all wrong today - although he did get 3 decision out of the six for me.

Hooper off - right choice for me; 9 games no goals and too many easy misses back to the everton game; he also seems incapable of scoring without elmander. more importantly he was tiring today (most of his good stuff today was in the first half) so taking him off was the right call.

Elmander on - why or why? his good performances are all in tandem with hooper, not one good one as a lone striker. Those calling for becchio are miles off the mark; ricky was the right call today.

Pilks on - again the right call; solid game on sat and always gives a moment of quality - very unlucky not to start Snoddy had moments but was again wasteful, but more importantly his starting does affect the balance of midfield and slows play down; sat was a success because he did not start.

Redmond off - !k!k? Redderz showed sat he can last a game and was our creative output today - have their back four in knots. the most staggering choice.

Tettey off - really? he is better on every level over BJ - go 442 with BJ is staggering - tettey again the better player today.

wets sham mugged 3 points today through our attacked ineptitude and we then gave a goal away through a defensive shocker - take off our potential match winner for non game changers (as he did with the bizarre pilks for whittaker sat) only compounded the players ineptitude to fulfill their own and so the clubs potential/quote

I agree with most of that Zipper.

[quote user="Herman "]"Hughtons P45.2"That''s a lie Beefy!!!! Dean The way it works is.... if the usual suspects don''t like what you say then YOULL BE BANNED. Your with the bullies or your off the forum, you agree and smile you''ll stay, however if you dare to disagree (without abuse or foul language) you''ll be BANNED also they''re free to abuse u at will, accuse you of "your daddy touching you" HOWEVER IF and it''s a bloody big IF you ever met them they would be quiet,meek and poop their pants if you said BOO to them. Pathetic keyboard warriors on here day in day out!!!!!

I think you''re banned on a regular basis because you''re an abusive gobshite. Posters may be more willing to agree or listen to your point of view if you calmed down and stopped being a tw@.

Just a bit of advice.[/quote]

I''m an abusive what Herman???? How ironic?? I''ve not used any foul language..... so just goes to show "peter the deleter" picks and chooses who goes by asking his little friends!!! otherwise how can you accuse me of being an abusive @#@# and stay on the forum??? sounds like a north Korean dictatorship to me Herman Sung Yung ILL the 37th

[quote user="Second Wizard"]You missed out Nutty Nigel and Morty.[/quote]

I''m not interested in any thread where I''m an after thought to LDC...

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"][quote user="Herman "]"Hughtons P45.2"That''s a lie Beefy!!!! Dean The way it works is.... if the usual suspects don''t like what you say then YOULL BE BANNED. Your with the bullies or your off the forum, you agree and smile you''ll stay, however if you dare to disagree (without abuse or foul language) you''ll be BANNED also they''re free to abuse u at will, accuse you of "your daddy touching you" HOWEVER IF and it''s a bloody big IF you ever met them they would be quiet,meek and poop their pants if you said BOO to them. Pathetic keyboard warriors on here day in day out!!!!! I think you''re banned on a regular basis because you''re an abusive gobshite. Posters may be more willing to agree or listen to your point of view if you calmed down and stopped being a tw@. Just a bit of advice.[/quote] I''m an abusive what Herman???? How ironic?? I''ve not used any foul language..... so just goes to show "peter the deleter" picks and chooses who goes by asking his little friends!!! otherwise how can you accuse me of being an abusive @#@# and stay on the forum??? Sounds like a north Korean dictatorship to me Herman Sung Yung ILL the 37th[/quote]

Is that you Tangible ?

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"Any analysis of the the last three games can only conclude that we were attacking enough to create enough clear cut chances to win each game and possibly 9 points. It not the tactics that are failing us now - earlier in the season may be - but no longer.

wets sham mugged 3 points today through our attacked ineptitude and we then gave a goal away through a defensive shocker - take off our potential match winner for non game changers (as he did with the bizarre pilks for whittaker sat) only compounded the players ineptitude to fulfill their own and so the clubs potential/quote

I agree with most of that Zipper.[/quote]

I also agree with most of your post Zipper and Beefy`s.

Probably our best performance of the season, just missing the finishing and marred by one bad mistake by one player. Replay the game and 9 time out of 10 we would have won it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]Luckily I got top billing Nige..[/quote]

[Y] [:D]

[/quote]I have just got out of bed, did we win then?[;)]

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]uote user="dean"]quote user="Beefy is a legend"I''m fairly sure it was Chris Hootun in the West Ham goal saving the one v one''s for Hooper and Snodgrass.

The last three games are actually, in my view, the best we''ve played all season. We must take our chances but I''m sorry, I can''t blame the manager for tonight''s result I thought we controlled most of the game and certainly had the best chances./quote

Unreal./quote

I can see you''ve not been posting on here much Dean, so let me just explain the way it works. If you disagree with something, you might want to explain why you disagree.[/quote]

Hi Beefy. I see you''ve been posting on here too much. You sarcastic prick.

With that said, my comment of "unreal" was written as I find it unreal that some fans put up such a staunch defence of Hughton.

Of course the players have to deliver on the pitch, but it his he who is meant to motivate them and it is he who dictates the tactics.

It is also unreal that some fans cannot see that we are on a downward spiral and have been for over a year now.

Every now and then he manages to motivate that team to get a results that seemingly saves his job, but why not every week!?

The players have to take blame, but it is Chris Hughton who will relegate this club. And it''s unreal no one above him is taking action to stop it.

[quote user="dean"][quote user="Beefy is a legend"]uote user="dean"]quote user="Beefy is a legend"I''m fairly sure it was Chris Hootun in the West Ham goal saving the one v one''s for Hooper and Snodgrass.

The last three games are actually, in my view, the best we''ve played all season. We must take our chances but I''m sorry, I can''t blame the manager for tonight''s result I thought we controlled most of the game and certainly had the best chances./quote

Unreal./quote

I can see you''ve not been posting on here much Dean, so let me just explain the way it works. If you disagree with something, you might want to explain why you disagree.[/quote]

Hi Beefy. I see you''ve been posting on here too much. You sarcastic prick.

With that said, my comment of "unreal" was written as I find it unreal that some fans put up such a staunch defence of Hughton.

Of course the players have to deliver on the pitch, but it his he who is meant to motivate them and it is he who dictates the tactics.

It is also unreal that some fans cannot see that we are on a downward spiral and have been for over a year now.

Every now and then he manages to motivate that team to get a results that seemingly saves his job, but why not every week!?

The players have to take blame, but it is Chris Hughton who will relegate this club. And it''s unreal no one above him is taking action to stop it.[/quote]

Just a few questions dean.

Firstly, did you feel the team looked unmotivated tonight? If so how was this demotivation showed upon the pitch?

Secondly, what was wrong with the tactics for tonights set up?

I personally don''t believe we are on a downward spiral, if anything I have been encouraged by our recent performances and hope, like every fan these performances turn into results.

What I would like posters on here to unanimously agree on and i personally feel that it is something that is undeniable, is that we are 1 of 10 teams who are currently S!!!hting ourselves at the though of the drop, it looks like any of us can go, and yes the possibility of it being us is certainly prevalent.

It''s going to be a hard run in for us all, let''s hope ''clueless/cautious'' Chris can cunningly connive accumulation of points to keep clear our clarification of being a class premiership side.

In other news. Thought we played well tonight. If I was manager away from home on the 80th minute, i would probably hold on for a point, not sure if I would of taken Redmond of although he was no way near as good second half, hopefully he can come back on sunday and terrorise Tottenham tearing them to tiny pieces of trash.

lol Morty....you know it is all getting a bit predictable on here and a shame that every time City have a bad result out come those who for some reason just want to trade insults and pick on people rather than perhaps debate the match sensibly and constructively.

Of course beefy is right in his general view, of course he is, City DID play well for the majority of the match, and unless I was tuned in to the wrong match, up until West Ham scored I really couldnt see us losing the game.  Their GK had a good night in particular and together with our players not finishing well enough and having zero luck (yes we havnt had much of that at all this season) we saw ourselves on the end of another frustrating defeat.......I was gutted like the rest of City fans would have been (other than maybe a sad minority who perhaps want us to lose so as to force the exit of the Manager sooner rather than later, hope thats not the case though...wishing our team to lose)    

The blame game and name calling is easy to play if you are not capable of having a reasoned debate, we see it all the time in politics with no better example than over the floods right now.....so many people looking for someone to blame rather than getting on with focussing on the problem at hand and working as a team to rectify the problem. 

Sure I too have some criticism about the performance and decision making (albeit over the last three games they are minor), but overall really cant get so wound up and bitter like many on here. That doesnt make me a Hughton "inner" or "outer".......and considering that I am now just about convinced that we will go down then I should, I guess be an "outer".....just because.....well I dont know exactly why.....maybe I just see the bigger picture, maybe its because I am not there at the games these days like I used to be and it doesnt effect me so much now I am a plastic......I dont know, but what I do know is that I am convinced that change at the top for us until the end of the season if deemed necessary would make things worse....thats my view and everyone else is entitled to their view too.......I will respect and not slag you off for having it..........     

The concept of "inner" and "outer" has always made me chuckle Mark.People who say they wanted him out from the beginning and now delight in "I told you so" also amuse me, because lets face it, pretty much every manager is going to get the sack sooner or later, so they can''t go wrong really.My personal opinion was "Give him ten games" but saw the effect that injuries had on the managers ability to be able to pick his first choice team, so was willing to give him more time. He won crucial games when he had to, and has kept us out of the relegation slots. If the board were going to let him go they should, in my opinion, have done it when we lost the league game to Fulham on Boxing day. January wasn''t the time to do it, due to the transfer window.But now I think the board have a decision to make, because it has become clear that something has to change. I don''t think we are playing negatively at all, recent performances have actually been there or thereabouts, but this goal scoring thing needs sorting. The players just need something to lift them, maybe pick them up a bit and give them new purpose. So to this end I would actually advocate getting a caretaker in now, for the rest of the season, to shake us out of this rut. Its unfortunate on Hughton, but I can''t see what he can do to lift the players another level. It really isn''t all his fault, I think the players need to share the responsibility., it isn''t Hughton missing open goals. Maybe a new coach, or consultant would do, I don''t know.

"ZippersLeftFoot"

Any analysis of the the last three games can only conclude that we were attacking enough to create enough clear cut chances to win each game and possibly 9 points. It not the tactics that are failing us now - earlier in the season may be - but no longer.

wets sham mugged 3 points today through our attacked ineptitude and we then gave a goal away through a defensive shocker - take off our potential match winner for non game changers (as he did with the bizarre pilks for whittaker sat) only compounded the players ineptitude to fulfill their own and so the clubs potential

Excellent post Zipper. From a calm and thoughtful head.

[quote user="morty"]My personal opinion was "Give him ten games" but saw the effect that injuries had on the managers ability to be able to pick his first choice team, so was willing to give him more time. He won crucial games when he had to, and has kept us out of the relegation slots. If the board were going to let him go they should, in my opinion, have done it when we lost the league game to Fulham on Boxing day. January wasn''t the time to do it, due to the transfer window.[/quote]Give him ten games was my view before the season started, but I think injuries are part and parcel

of the game, so I didn''t think he should be given more time on that

basis (and I wasn''t happy after 10 games).[quote user="morty"]Its unfortunate on Hughton, but I can''t see what he can do to lift the players another level.[/quote]Agreed.  I don''t think he''s a *bad* manager, I think he is the *wrong* manager.He did well enough at Newcastle and Birmingham.  The manager doesn''t operate in isolation though, but in a relationship with the players and the rest of the club.  And, as you say, Hughton doesn''t seem to be able to get this group of players to improve.For that reason I think he is the wrong manager for Norwich.

[quote user="Satoshi Nakamoto"][quote user="morty"]My personal opinion was "Give him ten games" but saw the effect that injuries had on the managers ability to be able to pick his first choice team, so was willing to give him more time. He won crucial games when he had to, and has kept us out of the relegation slots. If the board were going to let him go they should, in my opinion, have done it when we lost the league game to Fulham on Boxing day. January wasn''t the time to do it, due to the transfer window.[/quote]Give him ten games was my view before the season started, but I think injuries are part and parcel

of the game, so I didn''t think he should be given more time on that

basis (and I wasn''t happy after 10 games).[quote user="morty"]Its unfortunate on Hughton, but I can''t see what he can do to lift the players another level.[/quote]Agreed.  I don''t think he''s a *bad* manager, I think he is the *wrong* manager.He did well enough at Newcastle and Birmingham.  The manager doesn''t operate in isolation though, but in a relationship with the players and the rest of the club.  And, as you say, Hughton doesn''t seem to be able to get this group of players to improve.For that reason I think he is the wrong manager for Norwich.[/quote]On the injuries point, I agree, to a point. But however you look at it, our squad isn''t the strongest. And for a fair chunk of the season we have had Elliot Bennet, Pilks, Ricky, Hooper, Bassong, Tettey, Howson all injured, sometimes up to 3 or 4 of them, which has to be a factor. Take into account players taking 3,4,5 games to get back to full match fitness after a spell out, and its definitely a factor for a squad of our collective quality.I don''t think its even a case that Hughton can''t get them to improve, its more the fact we''re stuck in a rut, and the players are doubting themselves. We have played well and lost too many times, of course doubts are going to creep in. You can say to players all you like" Keep doing what you''re doing, it''ll come" but eventually you stop believing it. Now if we could scrape a plucky win and build on it, that could be the catalyst, but time is running out.It needs to change, and it needs to change quick. I''m glad I''m not on the board and have to make the decision.

morty......I wouldnt have a problem with what you are suggesting to be honest....that line is so fine right now as last night proved once again..a game that could have gone either way and with just a bit of luck or a better connection we would now be in eleventh place and the abuse levels on this board would be at a season low rather than heading for the opposite . But we are not, and I agree that whilst the first opportunity to change window was not taken (which I thought was right) now is the final time change could be made if it is to happen......if it does, then I will accept it, and if it doesnt I will also accept as that change is not guaranteed to work. Yep I am right now a fence sitter I guess.......  

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]I''m fairly sure it was Chris Hootun in the West Ham goal saving the one v one''s for Hooper and Snodgrass. The last three games are actually, in my view, the best we''ve played all season. We must take our chances but I''m sorry, I can''t blame the manager for tonight''s result I thought we controlled most of the game and certainly had the best chances.[/quote]

Then as an aledged City fan you are a disgrace.[:@]

[quote user="morty"]The concept of "inner" and "outer" has always made me chuckle Mark.People who say they wanted him out from the beginning and now delight in "I told you so" also amuse me, because lets face it, pretty much every manager is going to get the sack sooner or later, so they can''t go wrong really.

[/quote]This ''I told you so'' jibe at people who do not share your narrow agenda  is clearly your latest hobby horse, Morty, as you''ve used in 3 threads this morning to my knowledge.Sorry, but you just aren''t going to be allowed to get away with it. Glib does not even cover it.For goodness sake, wake up and smell the coffee, man. Do you, in your wildest dreams, think that those of us who have been advocating Hughton''s removal have nothing more on our minds, given the impending threat of Norwich City''s relegation, than a bit of silly point scoring with the Inners on here ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]The concept of "inner" and "outer" has always made me chuckle Mark.People who say they wanted him out from the beginning and now delight in "I told you so" also amuse me, because lets face it, pretty much every manager is going to get the sack sooner or later, so they can''t go wrong really.

[/quote]This ''I told you so'' jibe at people who do not share your narrow agenda  is clearly your latest hobby horse, Morty, as you''ve used in 3 threads this morning to my knowledge.Sorry, but you just aren''t going to be allowed to get away with it. Glib does not even cover it.For goodness sake, wake up and smell the coffee, man. Do you, in your wildest dreams, think that those of us who have been advocating Hughton''s removal have nothing more on our minds, given the impending threat of Norwich City''s relegation, than a bit of silly point scoring with the Inners on here ?[/quote]Did you even read the rest of my post that you selectively quoted?C0ck.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]i think the ''inners'' jibe was just to annoy you morty, chill[/quote]Am chilled, peoples petty selective reading agendas do get boring though.And if we stay up I shall delight in rubbing their faces in it frankly.

quote user="Wiz"

quote user="Beefy is a legend"I''m fairly sure it was Chris Hootun in the West Ham goal saving the one v one''s for Hooper and Snodgrass. The last three games are actually, in my view, the best we''ve played all season. We must take our chances but I''m sorry, I can''t blame the manager for tonight''s result I thought we controlled most of the game and certainly had the best chances./quote

Then as an aledged City fan you are a disgrace.:@

/quote

And your reasoning is?

[quote user="morty"]Did you even read the rest of my post that you selectively quoted?C0ck.[/quote]Of course I did, and, aren''t any quotes ''selective '' by their nature ?But in the rest of your post you merely said that something had to change, followed by more vagaries. The opening gambit,basically, was to take the p!ss out of people who''ve been a lot more specific and prescient than you clearly are prepared to be.And, why the need for the kindergarten insults ??

[quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]i think the ''inners'' jibe was just to annoy you morty, chill[/quote]Am chilled, peoples petty selective reading agendas do get boring though.And if we stay up I shall delight in rubbing their faces in it frankly.[/quote]

Me and you both. I hope we''ll finish 13th as i''ll be quids in then (from my bet)

They could have done with you on here last night Reggie - absolute troll fest of hatred and bile toward the manager and now of course the boardroom. I may disagree with you but at least you make your case in a civilised manner.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]They could have done with you on here last night Reggie - absolute troll fest of hatred and bile toward the manager and now of course the boardroom. I may disagree with you but at least you make your case in a civilised manner.[/quote]

Noticeable how much livelier the forum was after last nights loss than Saturdays draw.As always the mode is a reflection of the last result.