Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Teams fault

Hughton can not be blamed for the bad finishing that our team has. Thats all player fault any other team would have scored on most of the chances we had yesterday we did not. Our manager has no control over that

The manager can drop players who are out of form and failing to find the net. He has back up strikers which get no games. No matter how much he doesn''t rate them, the poor goal return warrants at least giving them a chance. Thank you for your useful insight though Mr Calderwood.

Hooper, RVW and Becchio all had terrific scoring records at their previous clubs but since arriving at Norwich under Hughton and co.?( Elmander didn''t btw). Holt had a terrific scoring rate at Norwich (until Hughton arrived). Just a coincidence I should think..yes that''s definitley what it is [;)]If its all down to the ''Team'' why do we even have a manager? The club could save 10''s of thousands of £££ a week by doing away with the role and let the ''team'' sort it''s own sh1t out...

Hughton claims that they have shooting practice each week in training, and I don''t doubt that this is true.

Does the practice include improving their techniques? Very often their misses occur because they rush the shot, pr slice or otherwise hit wide, or lean back to get more power and hit it well over the bar. Sometimes their placement is too near the keeper.

All these betray a bad technique or sheer anxiety, or both. These are very highly paid professionals. Surely it ought to be possible to improve their technique and frame of mind in the practice sessions. Even a marginal improvement would bring a few goals - currently two in nine games or something like that.

There are some players in the team, notably Pilks, Hooper, RvW, Fer, Howson, who have shown good technique in the past. They surely cannot have lost it? The answer seems to be to try to collect themselves and rely on technique. Do the coaches attempt this?

ncfctildie,

I agree re Bechio and Loza, as I have posted elsewhere, but; as also posted elswhere:

Albert Einstein said;

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

CH is paid big bucks to do something different but this requires big b*lls to go with the big bucks, does he possess a pair?

[quote user="Salopian"]Hughton claims that they have shooting practice each week in training, and I don''t doubt that this is true.

Does the practice include improving their techniques? Very often their misses occur because they rush the shot, pr slice or otherwise hit wide, or lean back to get more power and hit it well over the bar. Sometimes their placement is too near the keeper.

All these betray a bad technique or sheer anxiety, or both. These are very highly paid professionals. Surely it ought to be possible to improve their technique and frame of mind in the practice sessions. Even a marginal improvement would bring a few goals - currently two in nine games or something like that.

There are some players in the team, notably Pilks, Hooper, RvW, Fer, Howson, who have shown good technique in the past. They surely cannot have lost it? The answer seems to be to try to collect themselves and rely on technique. Do the coaches attempt this?[/quote]I''m sure you have something there Salopian excellent post. BUT.. the trouble is what coaches does the club have on it''s staff that could actually improve that technique? Answers on the head of a pin please...

Levi,

And as I often bang on about, in particular the ''frame of mind'' bit. As was said by Salopian, "They are highly paid professionals".

They became highly paid professionals by being able to score goals, so they won''t have lost the ability they have imo, lost the frame of mind and have dropped out of the zone, unconscious competence in to conscious competence, just as golfers do with the yips or darts players do when they get dartitis.

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"]Hooper, RVW and Becchio all had terrific scoring records at their previous clubs but since arriving at Norwich under Hughton and co.?( Elmander didn''t btw). Holt had a terrific scoring rate at Norwich (until Hughton arrived). Just a coincidence I should think..yes that''s definitley what it is [;)]

If its all down to the ''Team'' why do we even have a manager? The club could save 10''s of thousands of £££ a week by doing away with the role and let the ''team'' sort it''s own sh1t out...
[/quote]

If you look at how much clubs pay in wages to their managers... compared to how much they pay in wages to their players.  That gives a good indication of the (lack of) importance of the manager.

Hooper was on fire a while back but has lost form, although I think most of us agree he''s the striker most likely to score for us regardless.  It is still a big surprise that neither he nor Snoddy were able to take any of the great chances they had last night, far better than the chances West Ham had.  If Ruddy had stayed on his line, he''d have made a comfortable save and it would have been 0-0 and we''d still be rueing the fact that we didn''t get 3 points.  But bizarrely plenty of people still think all of this was the manager''s fault.

[quote user="Ray"]Levi,

And as I often bang on about, in particular the ''frame of mind'' bit. As was said by Salopian, "They are highly paid professionals".

They became highly paid professionals by being able to score goals, so they won''t have lost the ability they have imo, lost the frame of mind and have dropped out of the zone, unconscious competence in to conscious competence, just as golfers do with the yips or darts players do when they get dartitis.[/quote]Ok you maybe right. But how come all of our strikers have ''dropped out of the zone'' since they came under the coaching and management of Hughton and co.? why have they got this frame of mind? Not baiting you,genuine question?

I do think we only have two starters for the strikers slots;   Becchio could not get in the team ahead of two strikers who were vey quickly discarded at the end of last season (both Holt and Kei).   Based on his appearances I can only concur with the managers assessment that Kei was better than Becchio.    The fans assessment,  rightly, was that he was not quite good enough - that makes Becchio not good enough either.

As for Morris or Loza you could introduce them from the bench but neither are ready for prem league starts in a relegation battling side. 

Elmander is no lone striker,  so that leaves Hoops or Ricky.   Hobsons choice at the mo maybe but there you have it. 

Good question Levi,

One I cannot answer as I am not present at Colney, however from my experience elsewhere I can tell you the change in frame of mind can have many instigators, however they key is understanding why this happens and what can be done to overcome it.

Whilst the brain is hard wired to prove you right, it is also lazy and will therefore very rarely look for a way out of a style of thinking because that takes effort and this is where outside is sometimes needed. Are some managers the instigator? IMO, yes. Do many managers have the knowledge to help their players change a frame of mind, IMO, no.

I''ll leave you to draw your own conclusions re NCFC.

Center forwards thrive on confidence. How can any of our forwards be confident this season? Ricky looked a different player at the beginning of the season because he had the confidence of last season and his ''big'' move. That confidence has been drained from them and they are now snatching at chances rather than composing themselves. Anyone that has played football at any level must understand this. They need goals and quickly, anything will do, off their arse or a penalty.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 12/02/2014 5:50 PM:

He got injured

That is not the reason. Players get injured all the time and come back true to form if they are happy and confident.