Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

Anyone renewing their season ticket?

I didn''t renew last season and Hughton was a large reason for that through his awful football; he certainly more than tipped the balance in favour of not renewing.

There were other reasons but I could see the writing on the wall over a year ago and the gutless and soul less season has transpired.

Yeah, I was in the pub a couple of weeks ago and was telling someone I wasn''t sure whether to renew and I would have to cancel my direct debit by the end of January. I then looked at my watch and realised it was 23:30 on the 31st January, so didn''t have any choice in the matter.Time always wins in the end.

Hughton actually has an excellent track record as manager in the Championship, so maybe we will hang onto him for next season.

Probably be no waiting list for season tickets next season,then board your problems start to escalate if we don''t get promoted at the 1st attempt

[quote user="djc"]Hughton actually has an excellent track record as manager in the Championship, so maybe we will hang onto him for next season.[/quote]

That would be rubbing salt in the wounds

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Incredible how they auto renew season tickets so early - arsenal definately don''t have renewals until summer, are other teams as early as us?[/quote]

You don''t have to renew them early. You can wait if you want....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Incredible how they auto renew season tickets so early - arsenal definately don''t have renewals until summer, are other teams as early as us?[/quote]

[/quote]well done for ignoring the point. I don''t want to wait. But why am i getting letters in the post in early feb telling me my season ticket will automatically renew? Why not in may when the season is drawing to an end?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]well done for ignoring the point. I don''t want to wait. But why am i getting letters in the post in early feb telling me my season ticket will automatically renew? Why not in may when the season is drawing to an end?[/quote]

Because this club does interest free credit where you can pay for your season ticket over 12 months. I suppose you don''t like that either...

I''ve renewed every year since 1986 and however many half cut rants I post on here to the contrary, I love the club and the sport and I can''t imagine not going.

It has been pointed out to me that heroin addiction can be cheaper, less embarrassing at times and the highs are more frequent but that''s not something you would want to introduce your kids to.

Drazen jnr should be in line to move off the waiting list if some of the fairweathers don''t renew this summer and he will be happy and grateful to take his seat every week too.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]well done for ignoring the point. I don''t want to wait. But why am i getting letters in the post in early feb telling me my season ticket will automatically renew? Why not in may when the season is drawing to an end?[/quote]

Because this club does interest free credit where you can pay for your season ticket over 12 months. I suppose you don''t like that either...

[/quote]what does interest free credit have to do with timings of the renewals exactly?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]what does interest free credit have to do with timings of the renewals exactly?[/quote]

The DDs on the new tickets start in March.

I''m thankful for this. As someone who is now on a very limited income getting my season ticket interest free for monthly repayments that are less than one casual ticket is something for which I am VERY grateful. You ask these people at those other clubs if they can achieve that...

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Renewing your season ticket makes you a season ticket holder not a superfan.[/quote]Who said otherwise?

Just as throwing it in means you are not a season ticket holder. It''s all about choice.

At this club there''s a myriad of choices available from renewing at the first date with the price frozen and paying interest free for 12 months through to not renewing at all. I think we are lucky.

Are we lucky, Piglet?

A lack of capacity and a demand constructed over many years means the Club has created a demand which allows it to keep racking up the cost and become aloof.

There is little room for casual supporters or new supporters. There is little scope to sit with friends and family and we end up with a discontented support who are prisoners of their own fears that there is no alternative while hating the football. Cue the poor atmosphere.

Our Board can take fans for granted and not work too hard for them. We have all seen the sea change in Club-fan relations in recent times and this has even developed into a player contempt towards the supporters because this is the kind of show pony success has brought us. And I DO NOT count Wes Hoolahan in this category.

People have been conned into misdirecting anger at Wes just as they were over Lambert who rightly pointed out the Club is about the players and the fans and while he was manager showed supporters proper respect unlike the all too corporate Chris Hughton.

So, we are lucky, and ever so ''umble aren''t we?

"It has been pointed out to me that heroin addiction can be cheaper"

I think you have probably been misinformed.

[quote user="morty"]I have renewed.Mainly because I''m not a fairweather fan.[/quote]

This is a pretty shameful comment.

If someone chooses to show their disgust against the manager and/or the board by not renewing then that is their decision and it certainly doesn''t make them a fair weather fan.

Just because they are not in the ground it doesn''t mean that they aren''t supporting the team. They just don''t want to show their support for the decisions of the hierarchy.

I imagine your type thinks your more of a fan than anyone else just because you have a season ticket.

[quote user="dean"][quote user="morty"]I have renewed.Mainly because I''m not a fairweather fan.[/quote]

This is a pretty shameful comment.

If someone chooses to show their disgust against the manager and/or the board by not renewing then that is their decision and it certainly doesn''t make them a fair weather fan.

Just because they are not in the ground it doesn''t mean that they aren''t supporting the team. They just don''t want to show their support for the decisions of the hierarchy.

I imagine your type thinks your more of a fan than anyone else just because you have a season ticket.[/quote]My type? Whats that then? Do we know each other?Where did I say anyone who doesn''t go to matches isn''t a proper fan?Yes, I''m afraid it does make them a fairweather fan. We have had probably the most successful period in recent times, and as soon as things get a bit sticky people stick their bottom lips out and stop going? How would you describe that then?If someone is honest enough to perhaps say "Yeah well I can''t really afford it" then fair play, but thats not what we are talking about here, is it?I couldn''t give a frig if people renew or not, but don''t dress it up as something it isn''t.

You''ve been called out on another thread tonight for your judgements on who is and isnt a fan. Thus I''m not the first to mention this. Perhaps you should have a think about how you come across.

If a fan chooses not to renew because they are so sick of Hughton, his tactics, the hierachy''s inability to see that this guy is wasting our Premier League opportunity then I don''t see that makes them fair weather at all. It''s not about being unsuccessful and going to watch a Manchester club instead, it''s about making a principled stand against such crap negative football until something is done and he is sacked.

I''m not referring to myself. I work offshore but will still be renewing. But a couple of my friends aren''t renewing for the above described reasons and I think they''re perfectly justified in doing so. How else are you meant to protest? The club don''t give a damn about fans'' opinions unless it hurts them financially.

[quote user="dean"].

You''ve been called out on another thread tonight for your judgements on who is and isnt a fan. Thus I''m not the first to mention this. Perhaps you should have a think about how you come across.

If a fan chooses not to renew because they are so sick of Hughton, his tactics, the hierachy''s inability to see that this guy is wasting our Premier League opportunity then I don''t see that makes them fair weather at all. It''s not about being unsuccessful and going to watch a Manchester club instead, it''s about making a principled stand against such crap negative football until something is done and he is sacked.

I''m not referring to myself. I work offshore but will still be renewing. But a couple of my friends aren''t renewing for the above described reasons and I think they''re perfectly justified in doing so. How else are you meant to protest? The club don''t give a damn about fans'' opinions unless it hurts them financially.[/quote]Ah right, so because some idiot on a messageboard has made a baseless judgement, you''re happy to go along with it?How effective a protest do you think not renewing a season ticket is exactly? And how common sense is it giving up your season ticket, and going to the bottom of the waiting list? How daft will those folks look when things pick up (with or without Hughton) and they are sat at home on a Saturday afternoon wishing they were at Carrow road?Like I say, its up to them, but I suspect their real reasons are more financial than some noble cause.Oh, and I work offshore and miss lots of games, but buy 3 season tickets[;)]

I''m just saying I''m not the only one with that perception.

I certainly wouldn''t do what they are. As much as I dislike Hughton I want to be there to cheer the players on.

But I understand what they are doing and certainly don''t think they''re fairweather for it.

With regards to will it make a difference!? He''ll no. Not unless 15,000 do the same.

I wouldn''t be without my season ticket that''s for sure.

If thats how they feel, then its up to them, but I disagree on whether it is fairweather or not.But it frees up tickets for people who want to be there, so all good.