Sign in to follow this  
H4H

Snoddy bashing...

i don''t get the Snoddy bashing - i actually thought the guy had a good game last night. His distribution was good from set pieces and he was taking on defenders and getting in the box, especially in the second half.

The way Hughton sets up the team, we inevitably end up playing quite narrow, which can''t help the two wingers...

I''m not looking for a fight but just others opinion, maybe I''m missing something!

I agree H4H.

Its bordering on pack mentality bullying at times.

We should back all our players.

Snodgrass isn''t playing as well as in previous seasons, but he never hides and is still as effective as anyone.

Redmond is an exciting prospect but so far his crossing and shooting needs a lot of improvement.

Truth is we need all the players.

Would help if any of them could score now and again.

You have summed up the problem from last night and so many matches this season........ The way Hughton sets up the team, we inevitably end up playing quite narrow, which can''t help the two wingers...

But also it does not help the team. Although we attacked well last night we still could have, and should have been better. Because of the narrowness of the front three there is very little space or opportunity for our midfield to get into goalscoring positions (How many goals have come from that area for us this season). We close the game down for ourselves. Snoddy prefers the right, so he plays on the right ........ as a result Redmond was switched to the left. Redmond had a good game last night but I would still far prefer to see him on the right where I feel he he is even more dangerous. In the first half last night the wingers changed sides quite often but in the second half they did not. Against Manchester City I felt our shape was far better and was very disappointed to see Pilkington dropped. Yes, Snodgrass has now had two reasonable games in his last two matches ...... against two very poor sides. Pilkington and Redmond played well against a very good side.It seems that Scotland manager Gordon Strachan has seen both the quality of player that Snodgrass is, as he continually picks him, and also the problems it causes by playing him on the right as he plays him in the middle.Perhaps we could learn from that by either playing him in the centre or, at least, by not playing him on the right!

He missed a sitter again not good enough when you need the points and slows game down too but I do concede that he gives 100%

No good bashing any of the players because if they were any better they would not be playing for N C F C,we have championship players.If I am wrong they must up their game to prove otherwise.Not really bashing him but Fer was awfull last night,if he is not up for the fight which I doubt please rest him and give Wes another .chance and its time for Becchio to start.Dont think your missing much H4H except we are not good enough,the manager is not good enough or the coaching staff and now I am wondering about the board.It looks like the Rodent days are returning.I hope that was bashing anyone on second thoughts perhaps now they all need a bashing and wake up to where this club is heading.

Granted, I would have expected him to score that chance, but after seeing it again this morning on the TV, credit has to be given to the keeper for closing him down so quickly.

Snoddy is his own worst enemy at times.  He can be really good, but it summed it up for me last night when he got the ball on the LEFT side of the penalty area at one point, unwilling or unable to turn to the right, could only keep it on his left foot and was forced all the way round the edge of the penalty area and ended up on the RIGHT by-line - and then lost the ball. 

Please don''t devalue the players.We have some very good players at the club.They just have to be motivated and used in the right way.

If we want to play the game where the wingers swap side ro confuse the opposition and put different pressures on their fullbacks, then snoddy can''t be involved. It seems odd as he can be one of our most effective players (like wes?) but when he doesn''t fit the tactics (like wes?) then he shouldn''t be playing (like wes?)

We are playing a deep zonal pressing game, supposedly with a quick counter attack, and snoddy doesn''t fit this bill. If that had been pilks latching onto Redmond''s glorious throughball (and a good run from snoddy too, to be fair) then we may have seen a different result. Snoddy was unfit for man city, pilks was fit for both and looks more likely to make stuff happen at the moment

[quote user="pliff"]He missed a sitter again not good enough when you need the points and slows game down too but I do concede that he gives 100%[/quote]

At no point last night did Snodgrass miss a ''sitter'', Pliff. There wasn''t a lot more he could do with that as the keeper read it early and cut the angles right down, so no, not a sitter.

We played well last night, especially for the away side, but for me on this occasion Hughton got his substitutions badly wrong. Taking Hooper off and bringing on Elmander, i think that immediately sent out the message to West Ham that we were going to settle for a point, and the fear factor of us nicking something on the break was extinguished. If it ain''t broke don''t try and fix it. Shame because up until that point Hughton had got it bang on.

Well Mrs Miggins,I did see the game and maybe if we had a prem forward we may have scored not only in this game but many others.Do you honestly think we will stay up not scoring goals.

Agreed, Snodders does not deserve the abuse he gets from some sections. While I agree he has not been half the player of last season, he has been one of the few who care and has cared every game.

Yesterday he should have been subbed though, Redmond was having a very good game and was the one to unllock West Sham.

I am not saying we wont score one more goal but certaintainly not enough to stay up.What Mrs Miggins is your thoughts on Becchio and did I see you in Bangkok last year.

]

[quote user="Indy"]

Agreed, Snodders does not deserve the abuse he gets from some sections. While I agree he has not been half the player of last season, he has been one of the few who care and has cared every game.

Yesterday he should have been subbed though, Redmond was having a very good game and was the one to unllock West Sham.

[/quote]From where i was yesterday (at Upton Park) Snoddy was given massive support by the away fans and there was no abuse at all aimed at him - the truth is we played very well until Hughton decided to change a (potentially) winning formula and the wheels fell off.  If it aint broke don''t fix it......we looked strong and potent so why on earth take off Hooper and Redmond and replace with Elmander and Pilks at that stage.  How was our likelihood of winning the game going to be improved by bringing on a guy who has not scored ALL season in the premier league - baffling.  Give me a tired Hooper any day - yes he may have missed a sitter but id rather hav e a guy on the pitch who at least gets into that position and misses to one who has created 1 more chance than he has goals (ie 1 chance 0 goals!)

its pretty simpleredmond has a right foot, and is a better right winger than snodgrass (whos right foot might as well be left at home on matchday)snodgrass is slow, inconsistent, regularly fails to clear the first man with a free kick and his corners are all over the shophe also unbalances the rest of the team when he plays, due to having to cut inside, this alters WHERE her crosses along with where the other players run into spaceyou pass it to his right foot = again this causes a problem ''cause he''s crap with itcomplete football no brainer - redmond right wing, pilkinton or olsson left