Sign in to follow this  
walks on water

To all those who want Malky

When I saw it was by him I didn''t bother reading it. Hardly a stand up guy is he?

No he may not be, but given how we completely played them off the park at home and peppered their goal (until Malky made his substitutions, and characteristically Hughton didn''t have a clue how to counter) just a thought on how we should be careful what we wish for. I''ve been firmly in the ''out'' corner for months ..but there''s definitely worse out there. For all CH''s limitations and snatching defeat from victory''s jaws ..he does produce on occasion (it''s probably what''s saved him his job up to now) ...and it''s why it is now so difficult to call; stick or twist, with the enormity of what''s at stake.

He led them to their first promotion to the Premier League, and was sacked with them in 12th.

The same position that Lambert finished in when he was here.

Malky isn''t my first choice but using our domination of Cardiff as a reason for not appointing him is lame. We are in our third season of Premier League football, Cardiff in their first.

They got an away point. It was our failure not theirs. It is the simple fact that we can''t even beat the promoted sides which show that we deserve to get relegated and underlines Hughtons complete failure to get the best out of a squad which has been assembled with three consecutive years of Premier League revenue.

Cardiff weren''t expected to get anything out of us at Carrow Road. Besides, we dominated them the other week against Solskjear who most people wanted here.

If we get relegated though then I can''t see the harm in Malky. If he can bring us back up playing football which works well in the Championship and then take us up to 12th by whichever means necessary then sounds like a strong candidate. If we don''t find a man who can bring us back up within two seasons then that is us done for a decade or more.

If Malky can get us out of the Championship playing his brand of football then he will do.

It amuses me how fussy some Norwich fans are being when it comes to a new manager.

Our current one is leading us to relegation, we are hardly an attractive proposition right now. If it weren''t for his love of the club he might not even be interested in a club on a downward projectory.

We can stop talking about Di Matteo''s and Laudrups now. Malky is probably the best that we can hope for.

If Hoddle isn''t interested in the Swansea job then he isn''t going to be interested in the Norwich job. We just have to face up to the fact that we aren''t an attractive proposition anymore, no manager wants a relegation on their CV, we aren''t going to be able to hand a new manager a big pot of cash (he will have to sell players), and we aren''t going to be offering Premier League wages.

Is arrogant of Norwich fans to think that we can aim higher than Malky now. If we sacked Hughton right this minute then we''d be like Wolves, having to appoint an inexperienced caretaker. Or Malky, who is probably the only man with recent Premier League experience who would take the job.

Good points, well made Le Juge. For me, this season has had the feeling of sleep walking to relegation for some time. I hope for change, and unlike the present incumbent, that the new manager knows how to use the tools at his disposal.

I do find it a bit strange when some people say Hughton''s too defensive get rid, then when asked the question of who''s going to replace him and they say malky, its very strange. Why would you want someone who''s even more defensive, perhaps its just the ncfc connection, but very strange indeed

The high-handed attitude of some fans towards Malky''s credentials as a good manager really irritates me.

He did a cracking job at Watford. Kept them in the Championship with no money in his first season when they were widely tipped for relegation, playing good football (this is Watford remember.) Then had them on the cusp of the play-offs for much of the following season, before finishing mid-table.

So he gets snapped up by Cardiff and when he arrives there are something ridiculous like 7 players on the books. So he has to build a complete squad in the close season yet he somehow gets them into the play offs.

The season after he gets them promoted to the Premier League as Champions and was doing a decent job until he got fired.

Malky is well regarded within the game as good young British manager yet morons on here arrogantly trivialise his achievements.

Yes malky did get them to 12th halfway through a season. But he spent way more than lambert did. Then when hughton took control he spent hardly anything with Lamberts team and finished 11th.

...11th, but hey we can get malky''hoofit'' mackay

Hughton has had four Premier League transfer windows, made 19 signings, spent probably £45m, has very few Lambert signings left in the squad.

He has taken us backwards, we are 16th, 1 point away from 18th with the team in 18th having a game in hand.

Apparently Malky has spent more than Hughton (he didn''t, he spent £35m, Hughton has spent £45m to £50m), but even if he had spent more money on players.... he was sacked in 12th. We are 16th.

Hughton signed two goalkeepers, four defenders, two midfielders, and three strikers in his first season. But apparently he had a Lambert squad. Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUl6PooveJE

I like to find I''m not the only one that gives Malky more credit... His achievements before this season were great and no matter what you think of McNally, he''s no Vincent Tan.

For me, it''s not just about Hughton being "too defensive", but more to do with all things considered... And it''s probably nearer to him not getting the balance right to justify his so called tighter defense. He''s so poor for our club... He''s dragging us down... IMO: worst manager in the league so I''d happily give just about anyone a crack at it... We need survival not only for money, but also to keep best players and attract decent manager to replace Clueless one.... Lets just hope it''s not already gone past the point of being too late to replace him