Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Don't Blame McNasty

It is obvious that McNasty has had his wings clipped since Delia and MWJ drafted the boy Fry onto the Board. So if there is a Board vote on sacking Hughton it means that the Gang of Three plus Fry will outvote the other three in favour of keeping Hughton. The problem that Norwich face is that they still have the relics of the old Board that was constituted in 1996 and as we saw on so many occasions, if there is one thing that frightens them to a state of utter paralysis it is the vexed question of whether to sack a manager, and, moreover, who will be the replacement. The Gang of Three have no football acumen whatsoever and they are now thwarting the one person on the Board who has demonstrated some football acumen in the past - McNasty. At the end of the Chase era we were promised that Norwich City Football Club would be run on a more inclusive, democratic model. But Delia and Wynn Jones are in fact worse than Chase because they put up their front men to take the flak whilst they pull the strings from behind the scenes whilst at the same time kidding supporters into believing they are just like them. People should remember that McNasty is simply an employee. He doesn''t have the power that the owners can wield.

Furthermore, the Board look at it from a business point of view. To them, the 3 years in the Premier League has now served its purpose. The club is free of institutional debt and the Gang of Three will have their loans repaid by the end of this term. Nobody did more than Lambert to turn the business around. Yet the Board have never given him any credit for it. Mark my words - Lambert will be the one who has the last laugh because the Villa will be in the Premier League next season and Norwich will be down. Norwich''s current predicament all stems from the fact that the Board were not prepared to defer the repayment of the institutional debt in order to recruit the boy Benteke. Not for the first time in its history, lack of ambition from the Board cost the club a top manager.

The Gang of Three plus Fry will be quite content to go back to The Championship because they see the club''s natural level as halfway down that league. And, more worryingly, there are a lot of supporters who hold this view too. These are the Delia and MWJ apologists who frequently inscribe their graffiti on this board.

Talk about a thread based upon vapid speculation. I suspect you are way off in your assumptions so I am not going to bother venturing my own opinion.

There have been posts from seemingly credible sources that suggest that MWJ and Bowkett want CH out but McOstrich doesn''t because he was his appointment.