Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Definition of insanity...

Albert Einstein defined insanity as repeatedly doing the same thing in the hope of a different result.

Those who say it is too late to appoint a new manager are, therefore, insane.

CH has had two seasons to prove he delivers minimal wins, little motivation and very few goals. That isn''t going to miraculously change as the season ends.

Why not gamble on trying anything different? Ok it might not work and it might be too late- but a Pulis scenario is worth millions.

My definition of insanity is most of us who post on this site.

We are repeatedly playing games of football and getting different results, some good, some ok, some bad.

That''s why he hasn''t been sacked. If we were repeatedly playing badly with bad results he would have been sacked.

Whether to twist or stick at this stage is an even bigger gamble. A new man cannot bring in players and has little time to settle.

Personally I saw both the good and bad Hughton on display against WH, we were the better team for most of the match and our inability to score was down to the players not taking their chances. However imo Hughton then surrendered the game with two fairly baffling (to me) subs.

It''s not in anyway clear cut in my mind that sticking with him is insanity at this point. However if we do stay up blindly sticking with him and not at least considering his performance and potential would be insane.