Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Redmond

Does anyone know the reason why Redmond was substituted on Tuesday ?

Was he carrying a knock or was he tiring? I didn''t notice if he was. It seemed strange that our best attacking player, the one who carried the most threat, was taken off. Pilkington came on which I have no complaints about but he should have replaced Snodgrass who wasn''t as effective. Also what was the use of bringing Elmander on, as I really can''t see what he adds to the team. He doesn''t have pace and rarely scores. Out of all the players Hughton has brought in, he is the one I am disappointed about the most. I hope he proves me wrong in the remaining games.

If we are going to change things around in the final half an hour of a game, I''d say that''s the ideal time to bring on Wes, as he is different from the other players we have and he can create something out of nothing.

That''s my opinion, what are yours?

[quote user="swjf50"]Does anyone know the reason why Redmond was substituted on Tuesday ?

Was he carrying a knock or was he tiring? I didn''t notice if he was. It seemed strange that our best attacking player, the one who carried the most threat, was taken off. Pilkington came on which I have no complaints about but he should have replaced Snodgrass who wasn''t as effective. Also what was the use of bringing Elmander on, as I really can''t see what he adds to the team. He doesn''t have pace and rarely scores. Out of all the players Hughton has brought in, he is the one I am disappointed about the most. I hope he proves me wrong in the remaining games.

If we are going to change things around in the final half an hour of a game, I''d say that''s the ideal time to bring on Wes, as he is different from the other players we have and he can create something out of nothing.

That''s my opinion, what are yours?[/quote]

Redmond and Hooper were taken off to ''freshen things up''. Source: Chris Hughton.

[quote user="swjf50"]Does anyone know the reason why Redmond was substituted on Tuesday ?

That''s my opinion, what are yours?[/quote]

Snodgrass should be played (if at all - personally I wouldn''t start him) behind the front one or two. I''d rather Wes start there though.

Pilks one wing, Redmond the other.

Elmander should be nowhere near the stadium on match day. He''s a cart horse who is better off carrying small children up and down Yarmouth sea front.

Johnson should be benched, Fer and Tettey in the centre.

Lastly of all, Chris Hughton is a clueless fool and is going to relegate our club.

[quote user="swjf50"]Does anyone know the reason why Redmond was substituted on Tuesday ? Also what was the use of bringing Elmander on...[/quote]
There was absolutely no logic or sense to those substitutions. The reason Boring Chris made them is that he''s a negative t*** and was trying to secure a glorious 0-0 draw, despite the fact that the only team looking likely to win prior to those subs was us. He really is sucking the soul out of the club.

Looked very much like a planned substitution and not one that reflected the way the game was going.