Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Non-scoring PL purchases by CH lead to.....

When people say "its the players fault, not Hughton''s", they are forgetting two fundamental things: it was CH who bought those players in the first place and then decided week after week to put those same players in a certain formation out on the pitch.

Hughton has spent a hefty sum, yet on players with next to no experience of scoring goals in the Premier League.

Let me analyse his signings prior to coming to NCFC:

RVW - nil PL goals

Elmander - 18 over 3 years

Redmond - nil PL goals

Hooper - nil PL goals

Snodgrass - nil PL goals

Fer - nil PL goals

Jonas - 6 PL goals over 4 seasons

Tettey - nil PL goals

Olsson - 3 PL goals over 3 seasons

Garrido - 2 PL goals over 3 seasons

Turner - 5 PL goals over 5 seasons

Bassong - 2 PL goals over 4 seasons

Yobo - 8 goals over 8 PL seasons

Whittaker - nil PL goals

Becchio - nil PL goals

Kamara - nil PL goals

The clear sign here that I''m trying to demonstrate is that the players Hughton himself has bought in do not have ANY PLAYER that is proven to score goals in the Premier League. It was Hughtons call to bring all these players in, so he HAS to be held accountable that his squad simply is unable to score the goals necessary at this level.

Its really not rocket science - if you do not sign players who have proved they are capable of scoring regularly in the PL, you are dicing with death. The fact Elmander, 4 years ago when younger, is by far and away the most experienced PL goalscorer we now have in our squad, says it all really.

Why not Shane Long? Jelavic? Controversial perhaps, but Bent? Anichebe? And yet we still discard Holt (23 goals over past 2 PL seasons) and Hoolahan is suddenly deemed no good despite scoring 7 PL goals over the past 2 seasons from an advanced midfield role?! Crazy. Just crazy. Or more to the point, just plain stubborn (see Roeder vs Huckerby, circa 2008).

And we brought in a non (ok low) scoring winger and centre back in jan. How the heck do we or anyone else for that matter think we are suddenly going to start scoring a hatful? What is going to change at present to make that work when weare pedalling out the same old predictable tactics week after week? nothing, that''s what!

Sorry. Rant over.

Why the negativity Flecky tut tut, the way your banging on people would think we''re just above the drop zone with a manager that lost 50% of games and that there was only 12 or 6 (same thing really) games left. We''re scoring for fun at the minute and let''s not forget that we MAY of sacrificed some attacking fluidity but we''re Rock solid at the back now and we no longer leak silly goals (unlike under that horrible Paul hamberton man) if this isn''t enough to cheer you up then there''s always the ten game unbeaten run. REMEMBER. I can''t wait to buy the dvd of this season''s goals it''s going to be free this season McNicey''s going to extend it to a 3 minute youtube clip by editing it so between ALL the goals there''s going to be Chris Hughton doing a gormless stare at the clock as it''s approaching 75minutes. At least his sub''s are making a real impact for us now. Thank the LORD for Chris the messiah II hughton and David (toothless) McNicey, boy they''ve turned this club right around...... the direction however is for the fans to decide upon.

Holt 23 goals over 2 seasons

Hoolahan 7 goals over 2 seasons

Morison 10 goals over 2 seasons

There''s 40 of them.

Of course it is all about ''money'' isn''t it Morty.

I''d say it is all about ''manager''.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Holt 23 goals over 2 seasons

Hoolahan 7 goals over 2 seasons

Morison 10 goals over 2 seasons

There''s 40 of them.

Of course it is all about ''money'' isn''t it Morty.

I''d say it is all about ''manager''.[/quote]I would say you are wrong.Those examples you quote were calculated risks, just as virtually every one of our signings are.When was the last time we paid top dollar for a proven Premiership player?

Course monty, michu-72million, Grant Holt 61million bent-145million, jelivic-45million, lukaku (loan) There you go monty I couldn''t help but prove you right. Also don''t you find it strange that players that scored plenty before playing under hughton seem to struggle now??? Course you don''t that would require an in depth thought. Also nice to see your intelligent posts are getting longer, who knows another year and you''ll be able to string together a paragraph. Now jog along there''s a good little boy.

That''s right monty, make sure you put your finger on the screen to break up any of the big words lol. A large post count but in reality there''s probably 30 words about the club, fans etc and about 100 Lol''s and 300 words of utter gibberish oh and 6 offers to meet for a "pint" lol.

Is it just me or are most of the 7 "inners" a little bit mentally handicapped which can be seen by posts like montys 2 fantastic contributions. On the other hand there''s the 8 threads a day "inner" who I''m sure copies threads of Man U forums and substitutes words to make it fit Norwich.

I think the purchase of RVW alone may cost Hughton his job. At the end of last season a decent striker would supposedly end out goalscoring drought. He spent 8.5 million on a player who will be worth what at the end of the season? We''ll have to offload RVW for 3 million or so. Someone has to pay for that £5-6 million debacle.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]I think the purchase of RVW alone may cost Hughton his job. At the end of last season a decent striker would supposedly end out goalscoring drought. He spent 8.5 million on a player who will be worth what at the end of the season? We''ll have to offload RVW for 3 million or so. Someone has to pay for that £5-6 million debacle.[/quote]A few points, firstly, remember Iwan Roberts'' first season with us? Sometimes a player takes longer to find his feet in a league, and lets not forget that Ricky spent 10 (I think) games out this season so far.If you read anyone''s opinion (journos etc) at the time, it was reckoned that we got ourselves an absolute gem of a bargain in Ricky.I don''t think we would buy players with one eye on punting them on?8.5 million really isn''t that much, in Premiership terms, people are getting way too hung up on that pricetag.

All we needed was at least one striker with Premiership experience instead of three untried at that level. I am excluding Elmander here.

"A few points, firstly, remember Iwan Roberts'' first season with us?"

Yes he was about two and a half stone overweight and was given an ultimatum to lose it.

It had nothing to do with finding his feet, he was just in a mess physically because he was eating and drinking too much and needed to go on a diet and get fit.

The situation is not comparable to RVW because he hasn''t been eating too much KFC and going on benders.

Iwan would have been rubbish in a Hughton team anyway.

Roberts himself has ascribed his slow start to his lack of physical conditioning. Walker left the club shortly before the end of the season and was replaced during the summer by Bruce Rioch. During pre-season training, Roberts weighed in at 15 stone 3 pounds, with a body fat ratio of 16-17%, when his "fighting weight" should have been "just under 14 stone with around 13 per cent body fat." The turnaround was, according to Roberts, due to some clever psychology by Rioch:

"Bruce was very clever: he didn''t issue me with an ultimatum, he didn''t rant and rave or threaten me. He just said, "Tom Walley would be proud of you". Tom was my youth team manager at Watford and absolutely hated people being out of shape ... It was a gentle hint, but I realised ... I had to sort it out myself."[8]

Roberts threw himself into weight training and soon reached a target weight of 13 stone 10 pounds.[8] "Walker had left by time the 1998–99 season got under way but his decision to spend big money on Roberts was quickly vindicated as the powerful frontman netted 23 goals in partnership with the flourishing talent of Craig Bellamy who weighed in with 19 to earn Rioch''s side a place in the top half of the table."[2]

How on earth are we supposed to compare Iwan''s situation with RVW''s Morty? The two situations have absolutely nothing in common at all.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"A few points, firstly, remember Iwan Roberts'' first season with us?"

Yes he was about two and a half stone overweight and was given an ultimatum to lose it.

It had nothing to do with finding his feet, he was just in a mess physically because he was eating and drinking too much and needed to go on a diet and get fit.

The situation is not comparable to RVW because he hasn''t been eating too much KFC and going on benders.

Iwan would have been rubbish in a Hughton team anyway.[/quote]The point was that we do not pay top dollar for players, so can not expect instant success.Well done for completely missing the point though[Y]

We paid a million quid for Iwan, 13 years ago when £1m was a lot of money for a Championship team. So why the Iwan example exactly?

We paid £8.5m for RVW, Swansea paid £12m for Bony. Almost 50% more, but he has 800% more league goals.

Villa paid £7m for Benteke at the start of last season. Look at how well Rodriquez is doing at Southampton for £7m.

Crouch was apparently available in the summer.

"Instant success" is one thing. Looking completely out of your depth and missing several easy chances in the past few weeks is another.

RVW has flopped. Who gives a toss whether he will come good in his second season, at this rate we will be in the division below next season and RVW will be sold off for a few million to the continent.

Glad you are happy to wait for our three failing strikers to benefit from second season form but we don''t have that long to wait.

Hughton chose to get rid of Jackson, Holt, Martin, and Morison.

If he was aware that his strikers would flop this year, seeing as you seem to think it is the norm, then maybe he should have retained a couple of them.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"A few points, firstly, remember Iwan Roberts'' first season with us?"

Iwan would have been rubbish in a Hughton team anyway.[/quote]

Agreed le Juge.. if hughton had a team with C. Ronaldo, Messi, aguero, all playing every game they would probably manage 50%draws and a goal average of 1.00 per game, because as soon as they went a goal up he would either take them all off OR have them shackled in their own half inviting continuous pressure!!!! The bloke is a clown... chris ''coco'' hughton

[quote user="Le Juge"]We paid a million quid for Iwan, 13 years ago when £1m was a lot of money for a Championship team. So why the Iwan example exactly? We paid £8.5m for RVW, Swansea paid £12m for Bony. Almost 50% more, but he has 800% more league goals. Villa paid £7m for Benteke at the start of last season. Look at how well Rodriquez is doing at Southampton for £7m. Crouch was apparently available in the summer. "Instant success" is one thing. Looking completely out of your depth and missing several easy chances in the past few weeks is another. RVW has flopped. Who gives a toss whether he will come good in his second season, at this rate we will be in the division below next season and RVW will be sold off for a few million to the continent. Glad you are happy to wait for our three failing strikers to benefit from second season form but we don''t have that long to wait. Hughton chose to get rid of Jackson, Holt, Martin, and Morison. If he was aware that his strikers would flop this year, seeing as you seem to think it is the norm, then maybe he should have retained a couple of them.[/quote]

Stop using common sense with facts Judge.............these inners can''nt handle it.

Morty "we do not pay top dollar for players, so can not expect instant success."

REDICULOUS "COMMENT" OF THE YEAR. Every things to do with money and it''s certainly not coco AT ALL.....yeah course we get it.... we havnt spent enough to be in the league, so we should just drop a league and be quiet while doing so!!! Little old norwich morty

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]Morty "we do not pay top dollar for players, so can not expect instant success."

REDICULOUS "COMMENT" OF THE YEAR. Every things to do with money and it''s certainly not coco AT ALL.....yeah course we get it.... we havnt spent enough to be in the league, so we should just drop a league and be quiet while doing so!!! Little old norwich morty[/quote]*Ridiculous.*haven''tI''m not saying folks who don''t spell well are stupid, but you know...

Egselent mONTY!!! I see you''ve not quite managed to work on typing a full paragraph. Ohh well make sure you keep using your finger to break up any big words. How-----ever if you str----ggle just ask mum and dad xx

MORTY wrote:

The point was that we do not pay top dollar for players, so can not expect instant success.

Exactly what would you suggest IS top dollar for a club like NCFC Morty?

8.5 million and 5 million+ for (Hooper) isn''t really chicken feed is it.

Shane Long cost WBA 6 million and went to a Hull for an undisclosed fee. I would guestimate at under 8.5 million.

And with 24 premiership goals to boot might well have been far better value than RVW.

It''s ok going for young strikers, which RVW is, but experience at prem level counts for much much more IMO.

Personally I do not think Ricky did himself any favours in coming here, he was untried at this level, still has much to learn, which I don''t think he will get from our coaches, and S Lisbon HAD to unload him because of huge financial problems. Probably no surprise we were the only takers, and that deal was concluded during mid season to help Lisbon out. The young man I hope will come good, but he is too young, light and inexperienced, and could do with consistent game time I would suggest at a lower level. Which of course he may well get next season!

I was trying to work out how many goals have been scored by City strikers under CH - I made it 17 I think? Of which 6 are this season.

Obviously not good enough, but wasn''t quite such an issue last season with goals coming from Snodgrass, Bassong, Pilks etc.

Exactly chewy, and since then coco''s frittered a fair few quid and managed to take us backwards he''s an excellent manager isn''t he? Then again what was McNicey thinking when january was coming to an end...... we won''t need anyone to sort out our pathetic goal scoring rate, pardon coco what''s that? let''s get a defender in and least we will let less goals in... that''s a fab idea coco we''ll do just that and I just happens I''ve just heard of a has been that will drop straight into the team.

While it''s obviously frustrating not to have addressed the goal-scoring problems in the transfer window, Yobo looks like a decent signing, and has indeed slotted straight into the first team comfortably.

[quote user="flecky76"]When people say "its the players fault, not Hughton''s", they are forgetting two fundamental things: it was CH who bought those players in the first place and then decided week after week to put those same players in a certain formation out on the pitch. Hughton has spent a hefty sum, yet on players with next to no experience of scoring goals in the Premier League. Let me analyse his signings prior to coming to NCFC: RVW - nil PL goals Elmander - 18 over 3 years Redmond - nil PL goals Hooper - nil PL goals Snodgrass - nil PL goals Fer - nil PL goals Jonas - 6 PL goals over 4 seasons Tettey - nil PL goals Olsson - 3 PL goals over 3 seasons Garrido - 2 PL goals over 3 seasons Turner - 5 PL goals over 5 seasons Bassong - 2 PL goals over 4 seasons Yobo - 8 goals over 8 PL seasons Whittaker - nil PL goals Becchio - nil PL goals Kamara - nil PL goals The clear sign here that I''m trying to demonstrate is that the players Hughton himself has bought in do not have ANY PLAYER that is proven to score goals in the Premier League. It was Hughtons call to bring all these players in, so he HAS to be held accountable that his squad simply is unable to score the goals necessary at this level. Its really not rocket science - if you do not sign players who have proved they are capable of scoring regularly in the PL, you are dicing with death. The fact Elmander, 4 years ago when younger, is by far and away the most experienced PL goalscorer we now have in our squad, says it all really. Why not Shane Long? Jelavic? Controversial perhaps, but Bent? Anichebe? And yet we still discard Holt (23 goals over past 2 PL seasons) and Hoolahan is suddenly deemed no good despite scoring 7 PL goals over the past 2 seasons from an advanced midfield role?! Crazy. Just crazy. Or more to the point, just plain stubborn (see Roeder vs Huckerby, circa 2008). And we brought in a non (ok low) scoring winger and centre back in jan. How the heck do we or anyone else for that matter think we are suddenly going to start scoring a hatful? What is going to change at present to make that work when weare pedalling out the same old predictable tactics week after week? nothing, that''s what! Sorry. Rant over.[/quote]

it seems strange you include players who had NEVER played in the premier league before coming here and also not very fair to them either...