Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

club needs a motivator

why not, he couldnt be any worse ;)given that the club is clearly struggling, its pretty obvious it needs someone to come in with very good man management, motivational, and people skills, even if its only until the end of the season, someone capable of getting every last bit of effort from the players for the remaining games.  A kick up the backside, even if its temporaryhughtons not that man

We did have two....one on the pitch, and one on the touch line, no names mentioned - but I''m sure everyone will know who I''m talking about.

Agreed though that''s what you need to get the best out of players.

Club needs a rotovator - make the pitch difficult to play on for those fancy, passing teams.

Captain Canary could motivate the team better than *#*##*#. Failing that let''s try adam''s as number 6 (call him that as McNicey wouldn''t want to upset his little hooty-pooty now would he) failing that any coach from Cromer, lowestoft even Swaffam would do better.

P.s miggins is adding to the debate I see again NOT (rare isn''t it)

no its not, your right there sonnyjim. But then again nor is this thread. I really think we should just have merged threads where we discuss the same thing. I apologise if it seems like i''m trolling the forum, i''m just getting tired of reading the same thing. On a side note, i do think its a bit rich you of all people saying ''your not contributing to the thread,'' but i''ll take the point on board

I may go on, and slip off track however my posts are about Norwich, the board or bored these days, our fans etc etc. Unlike some who come out with awesome one line posts about nothing to do with the club, they are easy to spot tho they have a high post count but you scroll through your brain and think... no, nope I can''t remember a single opinion they have about anything to do with Norwich City barr living there (apparently) oh but I do know they 1, like to talk about abuse from a parent BUT it''s always directed at someone else yet it''s the first thing they say, my mind boggles and 2 if you confront them or happen to disagree with them or their mates then the next day YOUR BANNED PLEASE RETURN IN 2165. Lol

Phil and Ted,

He no longer does, part of various budget cuts I believe.

Also, it could be that an ex city player may be too close but maybe someone else could be a way to go.

In my experience often people listen more to strangers, for the want of a better word, than those close to them.

Listen this isn''t a bad idea....Sack Hughton obviously, bring in Mr Motivator, since he is currently without a club or morning television program at the moment we won''t have to pay compensation.Only draw backs I can see with the appointment is he''ll want to bring in Fred the weather man as his number 2 who we know can have a defensive mindset and obviously Mr Motivator prefers the one big man upfront (position he played at GMTV) and most fans want the 442.

World class attack minded coach who can inspire and motivate. Get him in on a six month contract purely to focus on the strikers. Get them inspired and bring back the belief.

PS - I think Hughton is addressing the dressing room leadership issue. The signings of Yobo and Jonas suggest he''s at least trying to bring in experienced leaders.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]World class attack minded coach who can inspire and motivate. Get him in on a six month contract purely to focus on the strikers. Get them inspired and bring back the belief.

PS - I think Hughton is addressing the dressing room leadership issue. The signings of Yobo and Jonas suggest he''s at least trying to bring in experienced leaders.[/quote]World class attack minded coach, on only a six month contract...... . Why hasn''t the board thought of that? They should really get on the phone and phone all those world class attacking coaches who want to relocate for just 6 months who would jump at coming to Norwich City. Seems silly we''ve had to wait for your post before seeing the light really, I bet the board feel stupid right now.

[quote]World class attack minded coach, on only a six month contract...... . Why hasn''t the board thought of that? They should really get on the phone and phone all those world class attacking coaches who want to relocate for just 6 months who would jump at coming to Norwich City. Seems silly we''ve had to wait for your post before seeing the light really, I bet the board feel stupid right now.[/quote]

Yes, it''s called freelance consultancy. I think a short term high investment in a top class coach to see us through to the Summer makes perfect sense, and when you offset the cost of relegation vs. the cost of bringing in a top coach in on the short term, it''s a no-brainer.

I''m pretty sure a freelance coach is cheaper than a premiership loanee.

Nutty nigel wrote:A month ago Werst Ham were everybody''s favourites to go down and Big Sam was the favourite to be sacked. Now they''re 10th. That''s how quickly it can change with the same manager. So ultimately it''s a question for the board. I have no problem with them sacking the manager. That''s the easy part. The difficult bit is who to replace him with and to my mind the chances of getting a better one are less than 50/50.

Yeah I feel your pain Nutty I wish we had a manager that had something about him that could get results when the chips are down. I''d be AMAZED if we got 3 more wins this season, three draws is a possibility but wins are doubtful. I wonder what the team thought about coco''s subs the other night, mosr probably it was something along the lines of.... wow our manager is tying our hands behind our backs what chance have we got, at least I certainly would of!

[quote user="Michael Starr"][quote]World class attack minded coach, on only a six month contract...... . Why hasn''t the board thought of that? They should really get on the phone and phone all those world class attacking coaches who want to relocate for just 6 months who would jump at coming to Norwich City. Seems silly we''ve had to wait for your post before seeing the light really, I bet the board feel stupid right now.[/quote]

Yes, it''s called freelance consultancy. I think a short term high investment in a top class coach to see us through to the Summer makes perfect sense, and when you offset the cost of relegation vs. the cost of bringing in a top coach in on the short term, it''s a no-brainer.

I''m pretty sure a freelance coach is cheaper than a premiership loanee.[/quote]I''m not disputing a world class coach will cost less than relegation or that fact in most industries freelancers are used (I am myself). I''m astonished that someone thinks Norwich are in a position to get a "world class" coach and for such an arrangement. Guus Hiddink might pitch up at Chelsea for a few months because they have millions to throw at him and he gets to relocate to central London, he wouldn''t pitch up at Hull for a few months though because the money wouldn''t be right, the challenge wouldn''t be right and the City wouldn''t be right.

WHAT!!! How are we not in a position to attract that calibre of manager???? Cocos done an amazing job and there''s McNicey he takes no prisoners remember! I''m sure he can get guardiola and the likes here. We could do a Fulham and have 3 then we will 100% be safe

I would hope being a premier league club, in the biggest club league in world football, with a bumper pay packet offer on a short term contract, with an interesting and exciting challenge would attract somebody.

We''re not a pub team.

Also if it was you how much would you want to sort out someone else''s mess and with a genuine risk of relegation on your c.v? Plus you know the club''s desperate so add some more on for that.

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]Also if it was you how much would you want to sort out someone else''s mess and with a genuine risk of relegation on your c.v? Plus you know the club''s desperate so add some more on for that.[/quote]

Tony Pulis didn''t seem to mind.

...and to be honest. If we go down now, Hughton and McNally will take the brunt of the blame regardless of whoever comes in, but, if a coach does come in and gets our strikers humming, he''s a hero.

These strikers aren''t bad either, Becchio / Wolf / Hooper have netted 317 league goals between them before arriving in Norfolk. I think it''s a confidence thing.

Yeah it is confidence. So would you be confident after watching a dvd of our performances this season that YOU could turn it round? Enough so that you''d risk relegation on your cv. Also I doubt he''d give a monkeys about being a hero here. Yes you or I would but others wouldnt

You''re right in one sense. I do agree that the challenge would potentially put off a fair number of people, but I do believe others would consider it an exciting challenge potentially.

It''s the football equivalent of The Hotel Inspector or Ramsey''s Kitchen Nightmare.

Really world class a has been charlton manager?? Standards must have dropped and he''s not directly risking it mulenstein is and curbs is waiting in the background for his chance when\if it all goes pear shaped ( imo)

I agree also, that if one comes and does keep us up it would open more opportunities for them and they may even be kept on here. But if they''re only wanting part time work they may not want to and that''s the onnly reason I could see a world class temp manager being out of work anyway. But we''re screwed if we continue as we are doing 12games 50% loss rate and then the fact the last few games!! It doesn''t look good really