Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Get a striker coach in.

Could save our season if they approach the right man.How about Alan Shearer? Been there, done it all and would give the strikers a boost to have him around. Was Hughton his assistant at Newcastle? Or nearer to home what about Dean Ashton?Just having the right man about the place could lift the striking department a notch and get their confidence back. Its obvious our problem is we do not take the chances that come our way.

Quite agree with that,try anything,Iwan, Hucks surely someone would help out and as I keep saying give becchio a start,something has got to be done.The excuses of we are creating chances is cr*p,we have to score.

I''ve been saying this since before Christmas, if we''re going to stick with Hughton, then bring help in. I''d rather we throw money at signing a world class attack minded coach on a temporary six month contract who can work with the team. Ideally somebody who can inspire belief as much as technique.

I have been saying this for weeks, too. Like said, if we really have to stick with Hughton, get the help we need. I don''t think anybody can deny we need help.

One thought, though, would Hughton see this as undermining him/thinking he isn''t up to the job?  Personally, I dont think he is up to the job, but can that sort of message come from the board?

Its a great idea and I can''t think what we are waiting for. Start scoring and we might just get those much needed points we need.

Agree with this - we need some balance. Using the "best form of defence is attack" cliche, the last few games have shown when we are at them up front then we don''t concede.

For me Zola would have been a good punt on a short-term contract along with Hughton - might even have shown CH that defending a draw is a sure path to defeat.

What you need is a coach that can get into the minds of the players and tell them to relax and be ruthless at key moments. The problem is between their ears not their ability. They just need belief in their ability.The rest will follow.

H