Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Mike Phelan

I think would be a good fit for us and I would think would take the job even in our position can start tomorrow ( near enough )

worked with top players would have respect lots of good contacts in the game knows some good coaches and good young players

his words he did manage man utd for the last few years ! ( that bit I do doubt )

If people don''t want Adams, because he hasn''t got any actual managerial experience, why would we want Phelan?Contacts won''t do us any good for the remainder of the season!

What style of manager is Phelan?

Is he a good man manager?

Is he respected by players?

How much responsibility did Fergie give him?

What formation does he prefer?

Does he have up to date knowledge of this seasons prem teams?

Is he a defensive or attacking coach?

Should at some point in time City should be looking for a new manager then I am sure he will be on the list. A couple of months back I would have probably backed him.....BUT....then I saw him as a pundit on teh EPL coverage over here a couple of times and completely changed my mind.Of course I am no judge and certainly a few times on Al Jazeera Sport is no intervie. However, if we are looking for not just a good coach, but also a great leader and motivator, then from that glimpse he is no motivator......when he was talking I almost fell asleep plus I didnt really find myself being impressed by his great knowledge, unlike I am by some others............now, I am not suggesting this person as a possible future Norwich City manager, but just for comparison when David Platt talks you sit up and listen and cant help but be impressed by him......even though he isnt exactly Mr Personality.

This article in the Guardian is good about ex Man Utd assistants.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/07/fulham-rene-meulensteen-manchester-united-sir-alex-ferguson

Probably why I would have reservations.

[quote user="the pigman"]The answer may be he worked with top players,what would he do with this shower.[/quote]

Nothing wrong with the quality of our squad Pigman the problem is that they''ve had all the creativity and confidence knocked out of them by our ultra dull and defensive coaching team

Could anybody really do any worse than Hughton is now ? we are not winning not scoring and god knows where the next win will come from . Sticking with what we have now we will finish bottom .