Sign in to follow this  
pete

A forlorn hope maybe

With 12 games to go and time running out and not scoring goals it seems most likely City will not get the points needed to survive.

But if we could replicate last years results we would get to 40 points.

Wins Stoke, Sunderland and WBA at home Swansea away.

Draws Tottenham at home Villa and Southampton away.

Lose the last 5

15 points would take us to 40 points and probable safety.

Fanciful maybe but have to have some hope until its too late.

So how will it look if we beat Spurs??

Predicting results is impossible as countless threads have proved. There''s a long way to go yet and there will be many more twists and turns to this story. Let''s hope and pray for a happy ending with no sting in the tail.

Sunderland and WBA are massive! If we can win them, we might just stand a chance as it would leave them two with a lot to do to make up the gap. Likewise, perhaps we could finally banish our demons at Craven Cottage!

In addition looking at Sunderland and Palace last few games they could struggle for points. Postponements Wednesday give Ageuro and Lukaku time to be fit and we have played both teams, need them to notch a few to inflate goals against.

Salopian thanks for reading earlier post first time anyone has responded without scorn or malice.

Hadn''t thought about Aguero and Lukaku in that respect! Good news really, hope the rearranged fixture allows them to return to the side as both teams care clearly much better with them two playing.

NN "Predicting results is impossible as countless threads have proved"

I hope you don''t take that attitude into pup''s?? You sound very down beat Nutty.. does that mean you''ve awoken to the situation that has been unfolding before your very eyes???

If we can start taking the chances we are creating then we will be fine. Everyone down with us has a similar run in over the next 12, just in a different order.

I took a crumb of comfort in this fact. For 40 points to be the amount needed to stay up, at least 8 of the other bottom 11 teams need to average a minimum of 1 point per game (in most cases slightly more). As there are so many teams in this mess, it makes it all the more difficult as teams all play each other. So if one gets 3 points, the other gets none. Obviously! Equally, with the top sides being so close together, none of the big teams have any reason to take their foot off the gas. If you want to write off our last 4 games then you have to write off 4 of everone''s games.

What I think it comes to is this. If we win our 3 home games against WBA, Stoke and Sunderland then we will probably need 2 or 3 more points to stay up. 35/36 points, in such a tight season, will realistically be the likely points tally of the highest placed relegated side. I think we will do it if we win those games. But i''m not willing to stake anything on whether we will or not! 

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]NN "Predicting results is impossible as countless threads have proved"

I hope you don''t take that attitude into pup''s?? You sound very down beat Nutty.. does that mean you''ve awoken to the situation that has been unfolding before your very eyes???[/quote]

Really pleased you have an interest in PUPs[Y]

In the early days when I did PUPs with Ray I had more time to keep more stats. I used to record what leagues we were successful in and the ones we struggled in. At the very top of the game in World Cup Qualification weekends we could easily hit 90% and get all six in at least 50% of the time. Then we''d get the top European leagues where we''d show good numbers. And then the worst figures were for the Champs and League Two where it seemed anybody could drop points to anybody and did so on a regular basis. The other thing I noticed was that when predicting results for Norwich many PUPs were too emotionally involved to have a considered opinion meaning their usual good judgement would fail in these games. Most PUPs themselves have recognised this and steer clear of predicting the Norwich results accordingly.

So you see my attitude is an informed attitude based on what I have learned during my time with PUPs. But if you really do have an interest in what we do Trent Canary would be pleased if you left a suggestion for him on this week''s thread.