Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

If we got Relegated-we would not go back up in the near future.

I can just seen it now, any player we can sell with a price tag over 3m- Sold. Investment in team-minimal.

Hughton will get a job looking after some London clubs youth academy-his limit.

You''re probably right, but sh*t happens doesn''t it? Nobody will die. Eventually we''ll come back up again, and after that we''ll get relegated again. It''s just what happens. Get over it.

We would have a better chance than most in that league, why wouldn''t we?Pretty much debt free, substantial parachute payments, core players will stay, good youth prospects coming through, level headed board.But hey lets ignore all that and feel sorry for ourselves because we aren''t playing very well.

The posts on this thread just show some fans have no passion for the game and probably NCFC, I guess most of the keep Hughton in brigade come into this bracket also.

OP I think you will find that many of the so called "inners" and "outers" will disagree with you on this, and also agree that its yet another post simply designed to have a pop at Hughton, which is shame because the subject question is worth discussion.

Oh well, at least we''d only lose the ''fans'' that came along for the Premier League ride... Every cloud and all that ;)

OP I agree with you we will soon be in dire financial straits even if we find a lender. Most of our best players sold for a song. Apparently not able to fund sacking of Hughton and team, and invest in new management team. No investment in January perhaps reading too much into it and we are flush with money.

The days of being relegated and immediately returning have gone forever. Into the wilderness for the foreseeable future. Unless we can attract a foreign investor with deep pockets not unlike Vincent Tan but a more sensible option.

I do not believe the squad we have now would be top 2 in the Championship this season , and not many will be sticking around if we go down cue the Peter Thorne Andy Hughes type signings.

We''d certainly have a lot going for us if we got relegated regarding getting straight back up. The manager (if he stayed) has a good record there, we have good players who aren''t earning buckets and have great experience in the championship and not many ''superstars'' would leave. Our youth team prospects are the best they have been in ages, perhaps Morris could be our Andy Carroll? We have money available and haven''t overstretched ourselves to stay in the premiership.

I just think the championship is such a lottery, it''s almost impossible to predict how any team does. Look at Wolves and Sheff Utd!

We might - we might not, it''s in the lap of the gods. I give you Leeds, Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed, Portsmouth, Reading, Coventry, Bolton, Ipswich, Blackburn, Wolves and Leicester as examples of fair sized clubs who have found it difficult to get back to the Premiership. Leicester might make that return at the end of this season, of course.

"simmo_2"The posts on this thread just show some fans have no passion for the game and probably NCFC, I guess most of the keep Hughton in brigade come into this bracket also.

So throwing in the towel and doom mongering about next season is showing passion for your club?

On the other hand, QPR look a decent bet too come back up and Newcastle and West Ham both bounced straight back. In fact the hammers have done it twice. These players COULD do very well in the championship, alternatively they could be disheartened and fail miserably. All in all it depends on player contracts, whether they have automatic wage drops or not will make a fair difference. The manager wont stay if we get relegated, im pretty sure that was McNallys point on Radio Norfolk a few weeks ago.

On the other hand if you really want to feel miserable, consider - Hughton and his team stay, and we are left with a senior squad based on the talents of Johnson, Snodgrass, Martin, Bassong, Bennet, Bennett and Hoolahan.

(assumes Ruddy, Olsson, Tettey, Fer, Pilkington, Howson, RvW, Hooper Becchio and Redmond go) .

[quote user="Herman "]"simmo_2"The posts on this thread just show some fans have no passion for the game and probably NCFC, I guess most of the keep Hughton in brigade come into this bracket also.

So throwing in the towel and doom mongering about next season is showing passion for your club?[/quote]

The club has thrown the towel in by keeping Hughton in his job, it does not matter what I feel. I have renewed season ticket £1680 for next season with mrs. same as this year and I will be at a couple of away matches with little hope.