Sign in to follow this  
daz

SNODGRASS !!

just watching again on MOTD ( for my sins :( )

and for their 1st goal Snodgrass is miles away from diame crossing almost to say '' go on cross it then'' (ok as savage just said on MOTD as well ruddy should have came out and smashed into them to clear the ball) and didn''t.... but mr.1foot Snodgrass definitely has some BIG info on hughton to go straight back in to the team and play all the games he has (even when playing crap) and taking ALL free kicks/corners etc when 90% of the time hits the 1st man or too long...... DROP him hughton (sorry I mean CLUELESS) who needed sacking a LONG time ago.........

Yawn... Has it not crossed your mind that Snodgrass usually plays because he is one of our best players. Also if you''ve bothered to watch our recent games you would realise that Snoddy''s corners have beaten the first man, the problem is there has been no one attacking them.

^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah he''s one of our best players!!! We''re well lucky to have him, we struggled loads without him on against man city so this proves how good he is, I bet there''s 10-15 premier league clubs counting their millions to snap him up soon isn''t there. Also just imagine if he had let rvw take that penalty earlier in the season and rvw gained confidence from that and had scored 3-4-5-6 goals now. Problem is no one will ever know now will they as that greedy super star spurned it. Snodgrass epitomises all that''s wrong with us at the minute!

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah he''s one of our best players!!! We''re well lucky to have him, we struggled loads without him on against man city so this proves how good he is, I bet there''s 10-15 premier league clubs counting their millions to snap him up soon isn''t there. Also just imagine if he had let rvw take that penalty earlier in the season and rvw gained confidence from that and had scored 3-4-5-6 goals now. Problem is no one will ever know now will they as that greedy super star spurned it. Snodgrass epitomises all that''s wrong with us at the minute![/quote]

^^ love it ............

yup any confidence would have been good for rvw if it wasn''t for ''im too big for my LEFT BOOT'' Snodgrass....... yes yawwwwwwwwwwwn but its TRUE and yes I have watched every game ! season ticket holder etc..... slows every attack down for a start but too long a list to get into it about him....... yes elmander was bad too not tracking Collins after just coming on... then bassong should have had him (he didn''t) then ruddy who had played well up till then let himself down having a flap...

[quote user="swindoncanary"]He was one of our best players, sadly this season he has not shown enough good form[/quote]

^^

Right now it seems Snodgrass is a bit of blame target, a bit like if a relative dies who spend their last few days in hospital you blame the hospital. We can all single out a mistake during a match from any player we like if we want to target them and are hung up about them, but whilst Snodgrass was far from his best earlier this season, he is one of our better players right now..............its just difficult medicine to take for some......respect your views but I just dont agree with them.

Maybe Snoddy gets all this abuse because he doesn''t hide, he is always involved and despite not having his best season, he is still one of our most effective players.

To me there seems to be an element of pack mentality bullying aimed at Snoddy.

I do like a lot of the work that Snodgrass does, and although I feel he is not as good as last season, he can create chances. The problem as I see it, is that he slows us down going forward. This was very noticeable when Redmond played against Manchester City. I just so wish he had not taken that penalty against Villa.

[quote user="dreamteam"]Maybe Snoddy gets all this abuse because he doesn''t hide, he is always involved and despite not having his best season, he is still one of our most effective players.

To me there seems to be an element of pack mentality bullying aimed at Snoddy.[/quote]Agreed.[Y]

I have no real issue with Snodgrass, other than when he goes down way too easily in the attempt to win a free kick / penalty, that isn''t something I like to see from a Norwich City player.  He''s never going to be a winger who has the pace to beat his man so you know he''s going to slow down an attack.My grief is with Mr Hughton who for some reason insists on playing him for a full 90 minutes in every single game, be it league or cup, regardless on how he''s performing.  I''m sure his left leg could fall off and he''d still be first on the team sheet.

My first post, season ticket holder for 11 years, though first match attended 1974. Played rugby from 11 years old so know little about the finer crafts of football.Robert Snodgrass comments seem harsh, but he does make a big show of running about arms and legs flailing around which might look good to many. Sadly when he arrives little seems to be achieved, be it defending or picking out a team mates attacking runs.Perhaps the Premiership standard of football highlights his inconsistancies''.

Three quick points:1. Snodgrass has played much better in his last two games ............. but they have been against two very poor teams, West Ham and Cardiff. 2. Without doubt he slows our attacks down and he also restricts the space available to our strikers and midfield by playing narrow to accommodate his left foot. Whether this is his decision or the manager''s is another point.3. He can obviously play the game as he is a regular international player. However, his international manager does not play Snodgrass on the right wing as he obviously recognises the problems created when he plays there.Can we not learn from this and either play him more centrally or, at least, not play him on the right wing?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Three quick points:1. Snodgrass has played much better in his last two games ............. but they have been against two very poor teams, West Ham and Cardiff. 2. Without doubt he slows our attacks down and he also restricts the space available to our strikers and midfield by playing narrow to accommodate his left foot. Whether this is his decision or the manager''s is another point.3. He can obviously play the game as he is a regular international player. However, his international manager does not play Snodgrass on the right wing as he obviously recognises the problems created when he plays there.Can we not learn from this and either play him more centrally or, at least, not play him on the right wing? [/quote]Which of our central midfielders would you drop (also bear in mind that Howson is back in training) and who would you play on the right?

Morty - I would play Redmond on the right as I feel he poses more of a threat there. He adds pace to the attacks and his presence denies opposition full backs and other defenders the opportunity to attack as much. If they attack at the moment and it breaks down they can easily get back to cover as our attacks slow down. If Redmond is there they have to be wary about attacking because of the perceived threat to a fast counter. We also give ourselves the opportunity of playing longer through balls for Redmond to run on to, something, because of Snodgrass''s lack of pace, does not happen at present. I would not necessarily drop anyone to accommodate Snodgrass in midfield. He would be like other players we have at the moment, competing for a place in the team. If he plays in there and performs, then the manager would have the job of deciding who to drop. It would add further competition to the squad. After all, Johnson has had to wait for his chance and is now fighting to keep his place, just as Ollson did earlier in the season.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Morty - I would play Redmond on the right as I feel he poses more of a threat there. He adds pace to the attacks and his presence denies opposition full backs and other defenders the opportunity to attack as much. If they attack at the moment and it breaks down they can easily get back to cover as our attacks slow down. If Redmond is there they have to be wary about attacking because of the perceived threat to a fast counter. We also give ourselves the opportunity of playing longer through balls for Redmond to run on to, something, because of Snodgrass''s lack of pace, does not happen at present. I would not necessarily drop anyone to accommodate Snodgrass in midfield. He would be like other players we have at the moment, competing for a place in the team. If he plays in there and performs, then the manager would have the job of deciding who to drop. It would add further competition to the squad. After all, Johnson has had to wait for his chance and is now fighting to keep his place, just as Ollson did earlier in the season.[/quote]I saw Redmond play on the right (well, switching regularly) for England, and you''re right, he works well there.No matter how you look at it though, Snoddy is our best deliverer of a dead ball, something that I think is helping him keep his place.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]Morty - I would play Redmond on the right as I feel he poses more of a threat there. He adds pace to the attacks and his presence denies opposition full backs and other defenders the opportunity to attack as much. If they attack at the moment and it breaks down they can easily get back to cover as our attacks slow down. If Redmond is there they have to be wary about attacking because of the perceived threat to a fast counter. We also give ourselves the opportunity of playing longer through balls for Redmond to run on to, something, because of Snodgrass''s lack of pace, does not happen at present.
I would not necessarily drop anyone to accommodate Snodgrass in midfield. He would be like other players we have at the moment, competing for a place in the team. If he plays in there and performs, then the manager would have the job of deciding who to drop. It would add further competition to the squad. After all, Johnson has had to wait for his chance and is now fighting to keep his place, just as Ollson did earlier in the season.
[/quote]

I saw Redmond play on the right (well, switching regularly) for England, and you''re right, he works well there.

No matter how you look at it though, Snoddy is our best deliverer of a dead ball, something that I think is helping him keep his place.
[/quote]

100% Spot on Mr Morty.[Y]

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]Yeah we got slaughtered by Man City when he was out, get your point Monty[/quote]Well he missed the Man City away game as well and we lost that one 7-0, came back the next game and scored in a 3-1 win against the Hammers at home.The reverse we drew 0-0 at home to Man City without him, he came back and we lost 2-0 to West Ham. So what point does this really prove other than his inclusion or otherwise isn''t a major factor in our overall performance against either team?

I''m beginning to think he''s bad news. It''s not his fault - he is strong, tricky, always tries his best, but he is just so damn slow. Not just in sheer pace, but his style always bogs everything down & messes up the timing of the forwards'' runs.

Last year he had qualities to set against this (scoring & a good delivery), but those attributes seem to have deserted him.

I''d really love to see Wes back; against Palace in particular he seemed to have developed some lovely one touch passing which wouldn''t have looked amiss in Arsenal''s midfield.

Ho hum.