Sign in to follow this  
LostTheFaith

Just back from the match

Stayed over after the match yesterday.

Frustrating and disappointing. We should have been two up and cruising. I know how Newcastle fans must have felt after they played us.

Not impressed with Snody and Redmond needs to sort out his decision making but overall not a Bad performance.

Subs did not cause the goal that killed it for us.

Small margins but have seen more in recent games that tell me we will stay up.

OTBC

Lovely job!! Something in a different vein from the normal trash comments on here!! In my opinion, it doesn''t really matter how much the fans consistently bash Hughton, Snoddy and everyone else, it doesn''t make the slightest bit of difference to what is going to happen on the pitch. Its highly unlikely that the manager is going to go at this point of the season so get over it and deal with it.Just get behind and support the team, its pretty much the only thing ''positive'' that fans can do, stop moaning like you think its going to change anything. Strangely enough, if you repeat the same usual boring repetitive threads, we may come up with an overall view but it only goes as far as this forum and no further. Enjoy the football...its at least more entertaining than it was!!

KeepTheFaith wrote the following post at 12/02/2014 6:20 PM:

Stayed over after the match yesterday.

Frustrating and disappointing. We should have been two up and cruising. I know how Newcastle fans must have felt after they played us.

Not impressed with Snody and Redmond needs to sort out his decision making but overall not a Bad performance.

Subs did not cause the goal that killed it for us.

Small margins but have seen more in recent games that tell me we will stay up.

OTBC

Last. para reflects my view as well KTF. OTBC

What I do not understand is why so many so called fans blame everything on Hoots. We lost because of poor defending and poor goalkeeping . Nothing whatsoever to do with the subs.

Anything to have a bash at the manager.

''Anything to have a bash at the manager''

Considering the club''s inability to find any form in the last year I think it''s justified for people to look at Hoots to blame.

Well its all a matter of opinions KTF and so my opinion is that Hoots is a poor manager and those subs lost us the game.

The board seem to have morphed back to the bad old days.

Hoots is still with us so I must be wrong.

I just hope we are still in the Prem next season

Bury Yellow,

Why do you insist that replacing two attacking players with two attacking players caused our defence and our goalkeeper to screw up. Ruddy totally got it wrong. How was that to do with the two subs or the manager.

I really do want to understand the thinking behind this reaction but cannot for the life of me understand it. I was at the game and we lost it because we did not score when we had three great chances.

Blame the players for not scoring and the goalkeeper for messing up! This Hoots bashing at every opportunity is getting out of hand.

KeepTheFaith wrote the following post at 13/02/2014 6:10 PM:

Bury Yellow,

Why do you insist that replacing two attacking players with two attacking players caused our defence and our goalkeeper to screw up. Ruddy totally got it wrong. How was that to do with the two subs or the manager.

I really do want to understand the thinking behind this reaction but cannot for the life of me understand it. I was at the game and we lost it because we did not score when we had three great chances.

Blame the players for not scoring and the goalkeeper for messing up! This Hoots bashing at every opportunity is getting out of hand.

Well said KTF.

There are many good reasons to have a go at CH but too many are seeking to invent them. There is a bandwagon rolling which doesn''t stand up to scrutiny.

I love the way some on here will defend Hughton no matter what instead try blaming the players.

This is now the team Hughton has assembled the most expensive in our history. Full of highly rated players who as individuals display great skill at times, however they often show no effort and lack of discipline.

The manager is there for a reason to motivate and organise his side to overcome the opponents. Humble Hughton has failed to deliver a team with the confidence to deliver .

And for those who say is a manager that important ask the fans at Palace before Pullis they were certain for the drop!

You can blame Hughton for assembling a team of overpriced rubbish players, but that is the only criterion you could use to say it was his fault on Tuesday.

If you don''t believe the team to be overpriced rubbish, then there must be other factors at work.

It might be worth discussing what those factors are, but simply to dismiss everything that''s going wrong as our manager''s fault is patently ludicrous.

KTF Sorry for delay in responding to your latest. I rarely even look at this board now but when I do, I try hard not to respond to some of the comments and opinions. It is obvious that I live on a different planet to a lot of the contributors.

As, however, I stupidly looked back at this thread, hear is my reasoning re subs:-

Hooper and Redmond were instrumental in keeping West Ham''s defence fully occupied reducing the effect of West Ham attacks. Until the subs were made we looked the most likely to take all three points, I think it was taken as a signal we were holding out for a point. They could push forward with more confidence we fell back as usual and the rest is history.

Look, no one wants us to fail but some may think we have a better chance of survival with a fresh managerial approach. There is no doubt we have a very good squad as has been proven at times but I despair when those who defend Hoots come what may, desperately sink to blaming our players.

Name one player who has improved under this coaching staff?

As I say, it''s my opinion and I fear for our team but I do appreciate your comments which are offered in the correct spirit unlike some of the ''inners'' on here

So replacing a striker with a striker and a winger with a winger is holding out for a draw? Sorry, but if I was holding out for a draw why would I not add more to the midfield and defence. All this Hoots bashing is driven by peoples views on individual players. Elmander is not liked by many. I have my doudts about him but he has had a decent impact in the odd game.

Poor defending and bad goalkeeping lost the game.

Of course it is just an opinion

KTF, plenty of pundits and reports have also slated Hughton for the subs from what I understand.

They killed the momentum. Redmond was providing 90% of the dangerous attacks we had! Hooper had three good chances. Pilks and Elmander did nothing but kill our momentum and allow West Ham an opportunity.

Of course the failed chances are to blame, mainly too blame in fact. But in my eyes that only condemns Hughton more. Two months ago, or even more apt at Celtic, Hooper would have scored two, maybe even three from those chances. He would have buried one on ones against Man,U and Fulham. Snodgrass last season would have scored against Newcastle to gain us two extra points, and wouldn''t have missed that chance.

The players sre becoming more and more to blame for induvidual errors. Not because they are becoming worse players, but because they are limited by tactics and appear to be missing a lot of self belief and confidence on the pitch. When someone goes right, we actually provide a forward with a good chance they just aren''t taking it. Consistently. If that''s not the managements fault then it means the players just aren''t up to the job and therefore it''s still the managements fault for brining in so many inept players and/or players who can''t fit into their system/be moat invited by them.

The key thing for me, and why Hughton really really needs to go, is we can''t turn anything round. Any positive is rectified with a number of negatives as soon as possible in terms of results, performance etc.

And as for blaming Ruddy, he was having probably his best game all season. He isn''t an error prone GK, he was caught out because a poor side were allowed to take advantage of us not taking advantage. Like Villa at home, Fulham at home, Palace away, Man.U at home and probably some more. And then add in the couple times we are given the chance to take advantage when we perhaps don''t deserve it, Newcastle and Man.C and we fail. It''s just not happening for Hughton and his players. Simple solution is to change Hughton as you can''t change a whole squad. And he''s had four windows to build his squad anyway. It''s just not working.

I''m sorry GP, but in Premiership terms, Ruddy IS error prone.

For whatever reason, his basic self-belief isn''t there. It may well be partly Hughton''s fault, but if it is I think it''s only one of many factors. Deep down I don''t think he is self confident. Goalies need to be assertive to the point of arrogance (David James is a self confessed psychopath).

The 2 recent ones I remember were Tuesday & Cardiff (a catalogue of errors, but an eminently saveable shot from Bellamy). One before I specifically recall was the 3rd (I think) against ManC, but I do know that there were other instances before Cardiff that made me think "oh no, not again".

I am not a Ruddy hater, I believe he has all the physical qualities needed for a top goalie, but his confidence is fragile. A better manager than Hughton might be able to address this problem, I don''t know.

It was a real shame on Tuesday, as he''d had a brilliant game up to the goal. But he really, really should have stopped it.

Although I can understand possible reasons for the substitutions, I just can''t (or won''t) see how they were the right choice.

I see Elmander as a thoroughly defensive forward who is valuable for extra height and strength but not much else; conversely Redmond is our most effective means at carrying the ball forward on the deck and was easily our best player at the time.

We needed either a like-for-like change or addition of a new threat to our play; I felt in January we really needed a new game-changer of a player to give us another dimension for games like this. We didn''t, and it''s hurting us.

I felt in January we really needed a new game-changer of a player to give us another dimension for games like this. We didn''t, and it''s hurting us.

Guess they didn''t find the £10m+ required down the back of the boardroom sofa..

Warren Hill wrote:

Guess they didn''t find the £10m+ required down the back of the boardroom sofa..

We were reported to have a similar bid accepted for Rannochia, though, suggesting the money was available for the right player.

Moreover, both Ince and Zaha made loan moves during the window and both have made instant positive impacts at our relegation rivals. We are no harder to defend against than we were in December and that''s an issue.