Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

When will the crowd turn?

The City supporters are by and large quite patient and conservative and this season have been very supportive of the team /management despite the obvious direction of travel and the horrible football and tactics that have been employed post Lambert. Many other clubs would have seen the crowd turn on both manager and board well before now. Given the poor decision making at the club i sense the board will come if for as much criticism as the manager when the mood turns. Spurs can go one of two ways. We could have the Hughton Houdini act ie a decent result as his P45 is being filled in or at long last a poor performance and result at home when everyone''s patience runs out. I recall the sad departure of Worthington at home to Burnly it. we could be in for a repeat a week on Sunday

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The City supporters are by and large quite patient and conservative and this season have been very supportive of the team /management despite the obvious direction of travel and the horrible football and tactics that have been employed post Lambert. Many other clubs would have seen the crowd turn on both manager and board well before now. Given the poor decision making at the club i sense the board will come if for as much criticism as the manager when the mood turns. Spurs can go one of two ways. We could have the Hughton Houdini act ie a decent result as his P45 is being filled in or at long last a poor performance and result at home when everyone''s patience runs out. I recall the sad departure of Worthington at home to Burnly it. we could be in for a repeat a week on Sunday[/quote]I take it you''re happy for others to man the barricades or will you be leading the charge? I distinctly get the impression that some on here (you included YC) are simply itching for it to turn nasty, along with all of the destructive bollo*ks that follows, cos I can''t think of another reason for yet another post like this??? If you aren''t of that persuasion then this is just thinking out loud… a brain fart! You might as well muse on what length the grass will be at Carrow Road on Sunday.Just a thought… but why not wait until relegation is confirmed, when it is actually nailed on rather than the 50/50 possibility it is at the moment… and then you can start your loud and righteous protests to your heart''s content.

Don''t think they will tbh. The support as - a whole is just too timid now. They would sooner just mutter under their breaths and wander off home after the game to their eggy soldiers rather than receive the wrath of the Nigels and Andys of the world who will claim that people who show discontent are ''destroying the club''I shouted Hughton out at Upton Park last night (at the end of the game) and several people looked at me like I had shouted out something that was completely mind blowing.Yes it definitely better to wait until relegation is confirmed (and by definition when it is TOO FACKIN LATE) to show any dissent...

To Totally clarify i have never booed the team, manager or board, BUT i am surrounded by people who have and where i sit i certainly detect a changing mood. I have seen this a series of times over the last 30 years, the end of the chase era, the unfortunate demise of Wothington who perhaps should have been afforded the patience given to CH, Roader and the end of Gunn. Short term i agree it would be counter productive, however it could be a tight call if it brought about change. The million dollar question though would change help, it all depends on who came in, if it was the right person i am convinced we will be saved

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The City supporters are by and large quite patient and conservative and this season have been very supportive of the team /management despite the obvious direction of travel and the horrible football and tactics that have been employed post Lambert. Many other clubs would have seen the crowd turn on both manager and board well before now. Given the poor decision making at the club i sense the board will come if for as much criticism as the manager when the mood turns. Spurs can go one of two ways. We could have the Hughton Houdini act ie a decent result as his P45 is being filled in or at long last a poor performance and result at home when everyone''s patience runs out. I recall the sad departure of Worthington at home to Burnly it. we could be in for a repeat a week on Sunday[/quote]I take it you''re happy for others to man the barricades or will you be leading the charge? I distinctly get the impression that some on here (you included YC) are simply itching for it to turn nasty, along with all of the destructive bollo*ks that follows, cos I can''t think of another reason for yet another post like this??? If you aren''t of that persuasion then this is just thinking out loud… a brain fart! You might as well muse on what length the grass will be at Carrow Road on Sunday.Just a thought… but why not wait until relegation is confirmed, when it is actually nailed on rather than the 50/50 possibility it is at the moment… and then you can start your loud and righteous protests to your heart''s content.[/quote]Great idea lets wait until its confirmed too late! Genius. lolNorwich fans are always over protective of the overpaid players and managers. Give him hell I say. Are you one of the individuals that would shout "support your team" or similar and get nasty! People calling for his head are doing so out of sense from what is clearly playing out in front of their own eyes! Too many stand by the club so to speak when they are failing the paying public.The board know that he is not wanted but are quite clearly sticking their fingers up at the majority to stick with what they want. I would say the majority have a right to stick them up back!

[quote user="Long drives home"]Great idea lets wait until its confirmed too late! Genius. lolNorwich fans are always over protective of the overpaid players and managers. Give him hell I say. Are you one of the individuals that would shout "support your team" or similar and get nasty! People calling for his head are doing so out of sense from what is clearly playing out in front of their own eyes! Too many stand by the club so to speak when they are failing the paying public.The board know that he is not wanted but are quite clearly sticking their fingers up at the majority to stick with what they want. I would say the majority have a right to stick them up back! [/quote]I couldn''t tell you what I shout out to be honest with you… I''m too busy kicking every ball, moaning about every missed pass, berating every sh*t refereeing decision, celebrating goals (when they happen, alas not very often) and all of the other bolloc*s that goes with the 90+ minutes.I''m an old git so I tend to see the long game rather than the instant gratification that your modern day Skyfan wants. I''m thinking that we still have a few games left to get the wins that we need to stay up. And if we don''t… then we go down and start over again. That is how it works isn''t it? Or do we simply cease to exist after we go down?Now then… you referring to ''him'' being not wanted. What do you base your opinion on? The posters from here? Facebook? Being at the ground on a match day? What do you base the opinion on that "The board know that he is not wanted but are quite clearly sticking

their fingers up at the majority to stick with what they want."?I would genuinely be grateful for enlightenment.

Apart from the fact that I have never accused people showing dissent of ''destroying the club'' I''m absolutely cracking up at the thought of all those quivering wimps who keep quiet rather than receive some sort of wrath from me. Are you one of these quivering wimps Levi? What is it about me that turns you to jelly?

And what do you base your opinion on that ''he'' is wanted then Andy? (For that surely must be your inference?) and by the majority of the club''s supporters,not by the board?

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"]Don''t think they will tbh. The support as - a whole is just too timid now. They would sooner just mutter under their breaths and wander off home after the game to their eggy soldiers rather than receive the wrath of the Nigels and Andys of the world who will claim that people who show discontent are ''destroying the club''I shouted Hughton out at Upton Park last night (at the end of the game) and several people looked at me like I had shouted out something that was completely mind blowing.Yes it definitely better to wait until relegation is confirmed (and by definition when it is TOO FACKIN LATE) to show any dissent...[/quote]Mr Stubbs… you ought to know that I have quite a history of showing my discontent. I wound up in rather a lot of trouble with the police over my ''discontent''… you might say I have been there and done it. It achieved f*ck all but I still had a good go. So, please, lets not have a lecture on ''showing'' discontent eh?Now then… to the matter in hand. You wish to replace our current manager with whom exactly?It would be handy to see your solutions being suggested rather than a lot of mouth-breathing and the same tired old cliches.So, in the words of our saviour, "Let us be having you!"

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Apart from the fact that I have never accused people showing dissent of ''destroying the club'' I''m absolutely cracking up at the thought of all those quivering wimps who keep quiet rather than receive some sort of wrath from me. Are you one of these quivering wimps Levi? What is it about me that turns you to jelly?[/quote]Oh yeh Nigel ''buddy'' you really do get me a quiverin'' [:D] (possibly with rage though on occasion..)

LOL

I doubt I get anyone quivering which makes me think that you and others like you prefer to blame me for your own shortcomings. It''s your choice as with every decision in your life. If you want to turn on Hughton I doubt it''s me that stops you..

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"]And what do you base your opinion on that ''he'' is wanted then Andy? (For that surely must be your inference?) and by the majority of the club''s supporters,not by the board?[/quote]You will note that I made no such firm statement Mr Stubbs. Mr Long Drive did however. Nor have I inferred anything… to do so I too would have to be backed up by facts (see dictionary definition of inference here: a conclusion reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning).In the manner of fair debating I was asking, politely, that he showed me his workings. You might say I was implying that he might be a bit wide of the mark. Implying, but not inferring.You see, anyone can make a lot of noise and shout their own take on facts as gospel truth… your Mr Farage is a good example, yet when pressed he appears to be less blessed with actual statistical fact, more pub loud-mouth type fact.If you wish to be taken seriously you need to offer some evidence that your ''facts'' can be supported surely? Otherwise you''re just like the Kipper… gaining lots of support but most of them loonies and fruitcakes.So… unless Mr Drive wants to offer the evidence, perhaps you might step in to help him?

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Levi Stubbs"]Don''t think they will tbh. The support as - a whole is just too timid now. They would sooner just mutter under their breaths and wander off home after the game to their eggy soldiers rather than receive the wrath of the Nigels and Andys of the world who will claim that people who show discontent are ''destroying the club''I shouted Hughton out at Upton Park last night (at the end of the game) and several people looked at me like I had shouted out something that was completely mind blowing.Yes it definitely better to wait until relegation is confirmed (and by definition when it is TOO FACKIN LATE) to show any dissent...[/quote]Mr Stubbs… you ought to know that I have quite a history of showing my discontent. I wound up in rather a lot of trouble with the police over my ''discontent''… you might say I have been there and done it. It achieved f*ck all but I still had a good go. So, please, lets not have a lecture on ''showing'' discontent eh?Now then… to the matter in hand. You wish to replace our current manager with whom exactly?It would be handy to see your solutions being suggested rather than a lot of mouth-breathing and the same tired old cliches.So, in the words of our saviour, "Let us be having you!"[/quote]I have no idea of your ''history'' Andy, why should I? you''re just a name on a messageboard to me, same as the vast majority of people that come on it!But if you do have that ''history'' then fair play to you, and yes I probably was standing alongside you at some point or another.. (I would take issue with you that achieved F all though..)As to my choice of manager, a couple of months ago I would have tried possibly Steve Clarke just until the end of the season,but it''s got to the stage of trying even some one like Neil Adams again until the end of the season,just someone to try a different approach.The results can hardly get much worse whoever it is..I am hugely disappointed with the way McNally and co. have sat on their hands over the last few months, as I thought they might have learned the lessons of recent history thats all.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]LOL

I doubt I get anyone quivering which makes me think that you and others like you prefer to blame me for your own shortcomings. It''s your choice as with every decision in your life. If you want to turn on Hughton I doubt it''s me that stops you..[/quote]My own shortcomings?!  Like you say ''LOL''No Nigel, as far as I know you haven''t done anything to me personally that I can blame you for..vis a vis you are not that important to me.Therefore no you don''t have the power to stop me from turning on Hughton as that has already happened.[;)]

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"]I have no idea of your ''history'' Andy, why should I? you''re just a name on a messageboard to me, same as the vast majority of people that come on it!But if you do have that ''history'' then fair play to you, and yes I probably was standing alongside you at some point or another.. (I would take issue with you that achieved F all though..)As to my choice of manager, a couple of months ago I would have tried possibly Steve Clarke just until the end of the season,but it''s got to the stage of trying even some one like Neil Adams again until the end of the season,just someone to try a different approach.The results can hardly get much worse whoever it is..I am hugely disappointed with the way McNally and co. have sat on their hands over the last few months, as I thought they might have learned the lessons of recent history thats all.[/quote]No, you don''t know me… nor did I expect you to… that''s not to say that I won''t be peed off with someone making assumptions about me though.As for manager… well that wasn''t difficult. And so much easier than shouting bolloc*s at each other isn''t it?And if I had to replace Hughton, which I don''t think we should now nor will, it would be with Clarke too. The only one that I think would be an improvement from the list of names being chucked about.

Quite simply, now is the time for the crowd to produce the kind of atmosphere that was prevalent in the Citeh game for the remaining games. That gives us the best chance of surviving in the league, which is what every NCFC fan should want.

Then the board have the opportunity to take stock and consider the options in the summer.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Levi Stubbs"]I have no idea of your ''history'' Andy, why should I? you''re just a name on a messageboard to me, same as the vast majority of people that come on it!But if you do have that ''history'' then fair play to you, and yes I probably was standing alongside you at some point or another.. (I would take issue with you that achieved F all though..)As to my choice of manager, a couple of months ago I would have tried possibly Steve Clarke just until the end of the season,but it''s got to the stage of trying even some one like Neil Adams again until the end of the season,just someone to try a different approach.The results can hardly get much worse whoever it is..I am hugely disappointed with the way McNally and co. have sat on their hands over the last few months, as I thought they might have learned the lessons of recent history thats all.[/quote]No, you don''t know me… nor did I expect you to… that''s not to say that I won''t be peed off with someone making assumptions about me though.As for manager… well that wasn''t difficult. And so much easier than shouting bolloc*s at each other isn''t it?Fair play Andy, sorry I shot off the cuff a bit there, but having just spent in excess of £150 to go to that game last night I am just sick of watching what Hughton has been dishing up for the majority of his tenure.And if I had to replace Hughton, which I don''t think we should now nor will, it would be with Clarke too. The only one that I think would be an improvement from the list of names being chucked about.[/quote]

Based on the poll in which 86% from thousands wanted him out. This was prior to the shocking failures to beat Newcastle at home (A team in free fall) Cardiff Away and now West Ham away. Unfortunately he scraped a point against a Man City side having a wobble. What reason is their to keep him!! Please tell me this!

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2014-02-12 4:52 PM:

Well you''re part of the crowd Yorkshire. When will you turn?

Personally, I think that question should be answered by you?

[quote user="Levi Stubbs"][quote user="nutty nigel"]LOL

I doubt I get anyone quivering which makes me think that you and others like you prefer to blame me for your own shortcomings. It''s your choice as with every decision in your life. If you want to turn on Hughton I doubt it''s me that stops you..[/quote]My own shortcomings?!  Like you say ''LOL''No Nigel, as far as I know you haven''t done anything to me personally that I can blame you for..vis a vis you are not that important to me.Therefore no you don''t have the power to stop me from turning on Hughton as that has already happened.[;)][/quote]

Good! I didn''t think I had but just wondered why you are continually on my case. If you''re not too lily-livered to turn on Hughton then good on ya! I may not agree but I''d defend your right to do so as I''m sure Andy would testify. So can I assume that it''s all them others that are too lily-livered to do it in case daft old nutty disaproves? If not what are you saing "buddy"?

[quote user="City 2nd"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2014-02-12 4:52 PM:

Well you''re part of the crowd Yorkshire. When will you turn?

Personally, I think that question should be answered by you?[/quote]

I have no plans to do anything. Do you?

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2014-02-12 7:04 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2014-02-12 4:52 PM: Well you''re part of the crowd Yorkshire. When will you turn? Personally, I think that question should be answered by you?

I already have! My decision has been made, based on what I now know. And in that I will agree with you, I do not see a change of manager ..,,,,,,,,,,,, just yet!

So you''re still able to laugh about it LDC? I am sorry but I can''t see the funny side of it anymore. However optimistic you can be, relegation is a real threat now and if you deny that , you well and truly are living in cuckoo land...

[quote user="City 2nd"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2014-02-12 7:04 PM:

City 2nd wrote:

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2014-02-12 4:52 PM: Well you''re part of the crowd Yorkshire. When will you turn? Personally, I think that question should be answered by you?

I already have! My decision has been made, based on what I now know. And in that I will agree with you, I do not see a change of manager ..,,,,,,,,,,,, just yet![/quote]

The question was about the crowd turning on the manager in the stadium. Apparently many would but they are too lily-livered in case I disapprove. I don''t plan to do so although who can say what may happen in a match situation. If you already have then you can maybe comfort the needy with the news that you came to no harm from me..

Sacking the manager isn''t the solution. It''s who''s his replacement that''s the solution. My views on the situation may change if I felt the manager had lost the dressingroom. But I don''t believe thats the case here. The gamble is all about whether a change now would be more or less likely to achieve results. That''s not as cut and dried as many seem to think. So I''ll leave that one for the board. I have to believe they plan ahead. If they don''t then maybe the crowd should "turn" in their direction...

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Long drives home"]Unfortunately he scraped a point against a Man City side having a wobble. [/quote]

The biggest laugh from this board I''ve had all day.

[/quote]LDC you are the laughing stock of this board given your constant drivel and blindness to what is happening in front of you. When will you admit you was wrong? Following relegation?