Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Norwich City - Safe Standing - Bristol City?!

I know some of the people that went, I believe it was just in a personal capacity as supporters of the safe-standing campaign, but I could be wrong.I''ve heard the topic discussed with David McNally on at least a couple of occasions and he''s always been clear in his views against it.  Again I''m not 100% sure, but I have a feeling he either lost a friend or a relative at Hillsborough, so has first hand experience of what can go wrong with standing (not that the same situation would ever happen again with the rail-seats).

Myself (Forces2Canaries) and Dave Withshire (Barclay End Projekt) attended the Railseat launch at Bristol City FC yesterday. The system is very robust and the facts re the use of railseats cannot be disputed. This will happen, it''s just a case of when not if.

[quote user="neville townsend"]Myself (Forces2Canaries) and Dave Withshire (Barclay End Projekt) attended the Railseat launch at Bristol City FC yesterday. The system is very robust and the facts re the use of railseats cannot be disputed. This will happen, it''s just a case of when not if.[/quote]
Could you explain more about the system? I am a little confused the video wasn''t very clear, is it designed to make areas both seating and standing friendly?

The system allows for use as seats (euopean games for example where it has to be all seater) or domestic games where by the seats are locked in the upright position thus allow standing to take place....