Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Can't believe we're not odds on for relegation

I''d bet on us to go down if I didn''t mind betting on/ against my own team (I bet against Hughton, not Norwich last time).

Do most people really think we will even score let alone win again this season?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''d bet on us to go down if I didn''t mind betting on/ against my own team (I bet against Hughton, not Norwich last time).

Do most people really think we will even score let alone win again this season?[/quote]Could it be that the people who can look at it objectively, and set the odds, aren''t in as much of a blind panic as a lot of our fans have been for most of the season?Could it?

Oh yer course theres no need to panic, i mean 1 point off relegation, 1 win in last 10 league games, losing to another relegation rival, our awful goal scoring and goal difference, yer everythings rosy. Some people are franlkly blind to whats happening in front of them. I would say us, cardiff and fulham to go. And rightfully so.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''d bet on us to go down if I didn''t mind betting on/ against my own team (I bet against Hughton, not Norwich last time).

Do most people really think we will even score let alone win again this season?[/quote]Could it be that the people who can look at it objectively, and set the odds, aren''t in as much of a blind panic as a lot of our fans have been for most of the season?Could it?[/quote]

Yes odds against but 3rd Favourites to go down, so those who have looked at it objectively think we will get relegated

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''d bet on us to go down if I didn''t mind betting on/ against my own team (I bet against Hughton, not Norwich last time). Do most people really think we will even score let alone win again this season?[/quote]

Could it be that the people who can look at it objectively, and set the odds, aren''t in as much of a blind panic as a lot of our fans have been for most of the season?

Could it?
[/quote]

No Mr Morty, they are not watching our games every week, most non-City fans message-boards have us in the 3 to go down, I believe that too I''m afraid.

just imagine if we had scored those two glorious chances, we''d be top half and i''m sure jimmy would be first in line to get it on with hughton. But win didn''t and probably feels r@ped by him instead. Football can change in a moment, We need to get some points on the board when www play spurs

I guess there is some truth about the blind panic. It is hard for us to see us scoring enough goals and winning enough games.

I do believe Cardiff and Fulham look more doomed, but Sunderland look much better and WBA have capable players and mixed it up a bit in January and now look like they have enough about them.

It''s weird to think that if we''d won last night we''d be 10th but it''s such a common occurrence. If we can''t get results when we play well, imagine when we play poorly! Football is that weird a beast that we''ll probably win next time we play poorly!

It''s all lies and we''re all bullies, as we never liked hughton blah blah blah. It''s a results business and he doesn''t know how to get results. Has he changed tactics and won us a single game since he arrived??? How did we go from scoring against ANY TEAM, to never being able to score even tho we''ve spent loads "upgrading" the team??????? Please someone tell me as I''m at a complete loss. McNicey''s as much to blame now without doubt as he''s allowed this decline to continue Luton, hull, fulham, conceding 7 to man city after a no show Cardiff X2!!!!!!!!!! Why can McNicey not see what everyone else ( barr the 5-8 that can''t admit to being wrong on here) is seeing! It''s scandalous

Mrs Miggin''s--"But win didn''t and probably feels r@ped by him instead"

How pathetic! Did you think that sounded funny when you wrote it?? Bless your little heart anyway it''s maths time now some come sit down, get your pens out and be a good little fellow.

it didn''t really sound funny, but in my head it did sound better how if the game changed just a little bit, jimmy would love hughton, but because it didn''t, he now has the total opposite and is scarred for life......But hey swings and roundabouts.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]just imagine if we had scored those two glorious chances, we''d be top half and i''m sure jimmy would be first in line to get it on with hughton. But win didn''t and probably feels r@ped by him instead. Football can change in a moment, We need to get some points on the board when www play spurs[/quote]
I can imagine, if we scored from every shot we''ve had.  We still wouldn''t be top 3.

Well there are definitely several worse teams than us in the league so I can see why we are odds on,  but as players and managers we have seriously underperformed.

It remains in our hands to not get relegated,   but if we continue to repeat individual errors like last night both up front  and at the back it will happen.   

If the odds are good (what are they being odds against?)  

I think "love" would be an exaggeration. You are judged on your results though. We are sliding badly and something needs to happen to arrest the slide.

No need to panic?? It will take a dramatic improvement in form to avoid the drop. With our strikers unable to find the net, and Hoots still playing for draws it will take a minor miracle if we are to stay in the Premiership. Well done to the board!!

Also, the point about putting away our chances last night. Imagine the teams we''ve beat/ drawn with had put away their chances, if anything, i think we''d be even worse off.

WBA would have taken victory anyway!

It looks like we''re generally around 3/2 for relegation. That means if I put £100 on and we go down, £250 my way. The bookies have to make money from all this so them odds will be marked down. That means i''d say the bookies think we''re about 25% likely to go down. Are we really being too negative? I can''t actually see a way out of our slump!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It looks like we''re generally around 3/2 for relegation. That means if I put £100 on and we go down, £250 my way. The bookies have to make money from all this so them odds will be marked down. That means i''d say the bookies think we''re about 25% likely to go down. Are we really being too negative? I can''t actually see a way out of our slump![/quote]Free money thenwhat could possibly go wrong.[:D]

Jimbo Canary wrote the following post at 12/02/2014 9:54 AM:

morty wrote:

Jimmy Smith wrote:

I''d bet on us to go down if I didn''t mind betting on/ against my own team (I bet against Hughton, not Norwich last time). Do most people really think we will even score let alone win again this season?

Could it be that the people who can look at it objectively, and set the odds, aren''t in as much of a blind panic as a lot of our fans have been for most of the season?

Could it?

No Mr Morty, they are not watching our games every week, most non-City fans message-boards have us in the 3 to go down, I believe that too I''m afraid.

If most people think we will go down we would be favourites. Why the Feck do Norwich fans keep wanting to put us down, it''s like a bleeding disease !

I appreciate that faith in survival is subjective... To get a balanced view on the matter, you have to consider many things like stats, form, performances and omens etc.... Nothing so far has installed belief in surviving comfortably... Before the Cardiff game I was 70% sure we''d survive... After: 70% sure we''re going down... I can''t for the life of me fathom how people can claim not to be at all worried

RodneyTrottersFC wrote the following post at 13/02/2014 7:52 PM:

I appreciate that faith in survival is subjective... To get a balanced view on the matter, you have to consider many things like stats, form, performances and omens etc.... Nothing so far has installed belief in surviving comfortably... Before the Cardiff game I was 70% sure we''d survive... After: 70% sure we''re going down... I can''t for the life of me fathom how people can claim not to be at all worried

There is rational fear which we all share and histeria which many seem to be catching!

Lol vanwink... to put us down??? You mean they can see the blatantly obvious but you don''t want to hear that so we''re Much lesser fans than you and now we all hate the club. In reality tho every bloody one of us wants us to stay up just we can see on current form we WILL GO DOWN!! Now what''s going to change that?? Convince me please and another thing because the bookies have us at a higher price means naff all because if every favourite won then why would there be bookies to go with that the odds are pathetically small, but marginally better than a couple and how many go down??? All this aside the new goal scorer we signed in January should turn these chances into goals won''t he?? Oh we didn''t get one that''s strange as this "bad lucks" been going on a while hasn''t it??

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]Lol vanwink... to put us down??? You mean they can see the blatantly obvious but you don''t want to hear that so we''re Much lesser fans than you and now we all hate the club. In reality tho every bloody one of us wants us to stay up just we can see on current form we WILL GO DOWN!! Now what''s going to change that?? Convince me please and another thing because the bookies have us at a higher price means naff all because if every favourite won then why would there be bookies to go with that the odds are pathetically small, but marginally better than a couple and how many go down??? All this aside the new goal scorer we signed in January should turn these chances into goals won''t he?? Oh we didn''t get one that''s strange as this "bad lucks" been going on a while hasn''t it??[/quote]

This. We are 2nd favourites to go down and the bookies don''t usually get things badly wrong.

Tbf.... I can understand people getting hysterical.... The fall of form does make for scary reading... For many, I imagine the sheer bewilderment at Hughton still being the man given the task to keep us up adds to the hysteria... Sometimes I wanna go out in the streets and yell "how the hell has he still got a job?!?!"

"No Mr Morty, they are not watching our games every week, most non-City fans message-boards have us in the 3 to go down, I believe that too I''m afraid."

Now how do you reckon you know what other club''s message boards are saying about Norwich City?

We''re actually 3rd favourites. The odd bookie even has us 5th favourites still as it''s close with us, Sunderland and Palace with WBA not miles away either.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]"No Mr Morty, they are not watching our games every week, most non-City fans message-boards have us in the 3 to go down, I believe that too I''m afraid." Now how do you reckon you know what other club''s message boards are saying about Norwich City?[/quote]

Because I''m interested in impartial views I look Mr Bore thats why its called the world wide web.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]"No Mr Morty, they are not watching our games every week, most non-City fans message-boards have us in the 3 to go down, I believe that too I''m afraid." Now how do you reckon you know what other club''s message boards are saying about Norwich City?[/quote]

Because I''m interested in impartial views I look Mr Bore thats why its called the world wide web.

[/quote]

Yes I have spelled your name correctly.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[/quote]

Yes I have spelled your name correctly.

[/quote]

Huzzah![Y]