Sign in to follow this  
the pigman

Add one player from the past

Add one ex city player to squad now as he was when here not at former clubs,who would you go for,I would love Roberts for goals and passion but even he would not thrive on Hoots tatics so I will go with Hucks who did as he wanted but would not make the bench proberbly with this management.

Must admit overlooked Sutton but I know you or Hoots would have him centre back.It would ruin the set of team to have him score every game.

A good question, but loaded with the usual anti Hughton dig, I guess something we all need to accept on here these days.

So, for me it would be either Ashton or Sutton, and I lean towards Sutton who''s all round game I feel would suite the challenges in this league and slot nicely into our team..........both were exceptional front men who would actually fit into many of the top EPL teams right now.

If I go back in time a little more, then Ian Crook, although he wouldnt necessarily fit in right now. 

Either Hucks or Holt (Grant). Holt linked well, created, and scored in his prime as we all know, and i still think we''re missing his leadership up front badly. Hucks could create and score at this level and was such a handful, shame his hips gone as he''d probably still be able to do a decent job today (as Giggs has till recently, and he''s a few years older than Darren as well). Dean Ashton another good shout, maybe Bellas at his peak too. Shame Robbo never got his chance either, we will never know if he''d have been able to make a difference that season (according to Huck''s book he seems to think so).

Ian Crook did very well last time we did this. Personally, Id consider Bellamy. Able to play off the shoulder of a big man running onto flick ons, or that attacking midfielder role. I know he looked like he was wearing his dads shirt when he was with us, but he was still a great player and always committed

I think Ashton would have become the next Alan Shearer, I really believe he was that good. I didnt answer him last time we did this as we werent creating chances, so I didnt see how him running around for 90 minutes without seeing the ball would help us, but admittedly we have created more of late, so Ashton is a good shout. You''d have thought Hooper and RvW would be good enough to put them away though

It''s got to be Sutton for me.  Has scored more Premier League goals for us than anybody else in our history and it''s Premier League goals we need right now!

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]It''s got to be Sutton for me.  Has scored more Premier League goals for us than anybody else in our history and it''s Premier League goals we need right now![/quote]

+1

Playing the same formation and way we are I would say Chris Sutton or Dean Ashton.

Got to be strong and leathal infront of goal.

I would also say Efan Ekoku for a wildcard, not our greatest player but very fast and a good hight.

We play to catch teams out so why we don''t have a player of this ilk is beyond me.

The theory currently I speculate is to defend all game and have such a good finisher upfront we take that one or two chances when they come...(which is nt working out currently)

I would have signed one of RVW and Hooper and used the 5+ million to sign a large poor mans Lukaku/Benteke type player.

[quote user="ncfctilidie1080"]Kenny Foggo[/quote]

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif