Sign in to follow this  
dean

Hughton Out facebook page

I didn''t realise only Norwich fans could "like" a page about sacking Houghton. That Facebook bloody knows everything about us. Right clever to filter out all them others.

A few points:

1) I have seen the group.

2) I want Hughton out.

3) I didn''t join the group.

4) Because it was childish and pointless.

5) It isn''t just pro-Hughtoneers who haven''t pressed like.

6) Most fans over 50 won''t be on facebook.

7) Many fans under 18 won''t be on facebook, that age group has not adopted facebook as much as they have instagram and twitter.

Christopher "Chris" Hughton is a professional association football manager and former player. He is currently the manager of Football League Championship club Newcastle United

Lol that''s was when he was liked as a manager!! Or between all his clubs he got 8000 likes but 1000+ want him gone on the other page in no time.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I didn''t realise only Norwich fans could "like" a page about sacking Houghton. That Facebook bloody knows everything about us. Right clever to filter out all them others.[/quote]Well actually Bor it can''t, anyone anywhere is able to vote, then another problem is that a bit like some of these African Countries there''s only the one candidate "Hootun Out". So what we have here is a poll in which approx 1000 people have voted for getting rid of Hughton and 7,142,999,000 haven''t. Of those 7 billion who haven''t liked the page a good half dozen are protesting that it was too immature or they were too busy spending day after day on the pinkun posting about getting Hootun out to spend a split second clicking a button to erm get hooten out.So thems the facts and figures 1000 give or take half a dozen want him out and seven billion one hundred and forty two million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand don''t. And just like those African Countries they are claiming a majority...[:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think this would be a lot more realistic if we added the page to the St Andrews Hall web site...

http://www.standrewshall.co.uk/

[/quote]

Thanks Nutty!  Through that link I discovered that Carl Palmer of ELP fame is playing St Andrews Hall at the same time as we play Spurs at home.  Almighty dilemma now as I''ve waited years to see him play and I can imagine coming away from St Andrews Hall with a smile on my face as opposed to the potential outcome at Carra Rud!!!

Based on one billion active users of Facebook the 8,000 likes is about 0.0008%.

This figure can be debated as there''s no rule that people with multiple accounts cannot like a page more than once, so it could be as low as 0.0006%.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

This figure can be debated as there''s no rule that people with multiple accounts cannot like a page more than once, so it could be as low as 0.0006%.

[/quote]

Silly Boy Mr TC are you seriously suggesting that all 1 billion Facebook users are City fans?

Your stats are flawed.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Silly Boy Mr TC are you seriously suggesting that all 1 billion Facebook users are City fans?

Your stats are flawed.

[/quote]

You''re assuming that all the people who liked the Facebook page are City fans.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Your stats are flawed.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very true but its a more reliable assumption than the 1 billion remark.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Your stats are flawed.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very true but its a more reliable assumption than the 1 billion remark.

[/quote]

My numbers are from actual facts that you can look up and verify, yours are based on assumption, how does that make yours more reliable?

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"] 

Your stats are flawed.

[/quote]Nowhere on that page does it say that only City fans can like it, the voting is open to all users.

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"] 

Your stats are flawed.

[/quote]

Nowhere on that page does it say that only City fans can like it, the voting is open to all users.
[/quote]

Polite reply to Mr TC and Mr Zak, rearrange these words AT, STRAWS and CLUTCHING.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"] 

Your stats are flawed.

[/quote]

Nowhere on that page does it say that only City fans can like it, the voting is open to all users.
[/quote]

Polite reply to Mr TC and Mr Zak, rearrange these words AT, STRAWS and CLUTCHING.

[/quote]

OK, if you believe likes on a Facebook page proves anything you are CLUTCHING AT STRAWS.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"] 

Your stats are flawed.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, if you believe likes on a Facebook page proves anything you are CLUTCHING AT STRAWS.

[/quote]

So why the need then for the club to have an Official Facebook page?

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"] 

Your stats are flawed.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you realise that NCFC having a Facebook page is totally irrelevant to the previous point made or do you think the only reason to have a Facebook page is to allow people to click on the ''Like'' icon?

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"] 

Your stats are flawed.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you realise that NCFC having a Facebook page is totally irrelevant to the previous point made or do you think the only reason to have a Facebook page is to allow people to click on the ''Like'' icon?

[/quote]

Well I think its relevent, very much so.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"] 

Your stats are flawed.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, please explain why you think it''s relevant.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

[/quote]I''d say using a return equal to a paltry one millionth of the potential voting pool to somehow claim a majority is the sort of behaviour Robert Mugabe might be proud of.  [:D]Still I''m sure the club are monitoring this poll very closely and hootun will be a goner just as soon as it attracts enough votes.Any news on the bumper stickers anyone??? [:$]

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="Jimbo Canary"] 

Your stats are flawed.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, please explain why you think it''s relevant.

[/quote]

Because it demostrates that the club rates Facebook (and twitter) as a legitmate source of communication these days and I''ll guarentee they''ll be aware of the anti Hughton feelings out there because of it.

I think the club are savvy enough to be aware that some fans do not like the current situation and blame the manager without Facebook & Twitter, they had a Facebook presence long before this page existed so there is no relevance to the previous point.

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]Christopher "Chris" Hughton is a professional association football manager and former player. He is currently the manager of Football League Championship club Newcastle United

Lol that''s was when he was liked as a manager!! Or between all his clubs he got 8000 likes but 1000+ want him gone on the other page in no time.[/quote]

Not quite correct in saying "in no time" as the Hughton out page has been up since October.

I would point out that the "Like" button is for the page though not the premise of "Hughton Out"

Mix of comments on there, not all anti Hughton as Im sure you would agree.

I did find the suggestion by the person who runs the page to pro Hughton posters to "leave the site if you don''t like it" a bar to serious discussion. Makes you wonder how many people he has blocked or comments deleted.

They have also stated on the page that they have not renewed their season ticket and will not support the club after this season ends. As his support for the club has now ended what does he care whether Hughton is in or out?

"I did find the suggestion by the person who runs the page to pro Hughton posters to "leave the site if you don''t like it" a bar to serious discussion. Makes you wonder how many people he has blocked or comments deleted."

Yeah of course!!! But why would they say LEAVE if they blocking people?? Or are you just talking out your rectal cavity?? Put a pro coco comment and then tell us what happened

this is a waste of time, facebook is slowly falling into the same space that myspace did in terms of it being ''un cool'', tweet about it.......more likely to get noticed, much of the media watch twitter by the minute to assess opinionbuti cant believe hes still in a job

JC wrote:

Because it demostrates that the club rates Facebook (and twitter) as a legitmate source of communication these days and I''ll guarentee they''ll be aware of the anti Hughton feelings out there because of it.

Yep, they do, and that is exactly why they have their own Facebook page. And yep, they know exactly what''s being said.