Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

So, what happens if the Club decide to stick With Hughton for next season?

Do people shut up and accept it?

what if he is given significant funds for players?

is there any way back for him now?

There could well be no managerial change in the summer. The board have stated that the club has to remain in the premiership and whilst that happens it is feasable that Hughton will keep his job... should we stay up, and finish strongly or finish 17th what will the longer term implications be for the club?

and if Hughton keeps hitting the targets the board set of him then would they ever get rid...

I guess it all depends on the league we end up in. I can''t for the life of me see how he can keep his job if we go down. Surely if we stay up, a lot needs to change regarding our tactics. He has done well to get our defence up to scratch but it has been to the complete detriment of any attacking impetus. He has gambled on buying strikers who can "nick a goal" while we deal with most games by constantly being under the cosh for 90 mins. The gamble has failed and he has no plan be apparently.

The good thing about this end of the table is that you get countless chances to put it right. They are running out thick and fast and we can only hope we can grab the next couple that come our way.

What ever happens now though, we need some reliable players that can play to a good standard even when not fully fit. It seems we have fitness issues with our players, 3 months for a bruised toe? 4 poor months from Bassong because of a short preseason? They are all such bad excuses now when you see the amount of players that can come in at other clubs and play well after only just signing/ coming back from injury.

Either way, my message will be the same as in January, back him or sack him. It''s clear that money isn''t a problem, not like we have millions but we''re in a great state financially and i''d hate to do a Reading and go down because we didn''t buy a couple of key players.

I thought his targets at the start of the season was to show improvement and finish mid table Jas.

Has there been improvement? Will we finish mid table?

I don''t think anything other than a significant improvement with gaols, wins and finishing above 14th will be accepted by the board.

I believe they already have candidates drawn up for the summer regardless of what happens in the next 12 games and I think Hughton is a dead man walking as far as City manager is concerned!

I don''t think his 30 million pounds spent this year has improved our results or style, but I do think we have a potentially very good premiership starting 11. Hughton has had a mixed bag with results, he''s not improved our perfromances and not got anything near what this team is capable. His man management leaves some players resentful and this causes further unrest inside our team.

On the terraces he has a mixed following too, some like me have hed enough of this dower boring football, although we have imporved slightly of late, without the results so the fans are also in conflict. Would I want another season of Hughton, Calderwood & Trollope, not really I much rather have a new manager with a fresh outlook whichever division we are in.

I would not be at all surprised if Lennon is lined up for the summer , that will probably depend on us staying up though . As for Hughton he is fast approaching Roeder in the popularity stakes he will never fit in as manager here now even if he gets lucky and keeps us up .

What choice would supporters have other than to put up with it. Yes we could boycott games or shout ''Hughton Out'', but at the end of the day I''m not sure it would make much of a difference. I would be surprised if Chris Hughton is in charge of Norwich come the beginning of next season but if he is I will moan about it, yes, but I will still turn up to the games and get behind the team and hope that maybe, just maybe, this year it will all come good.....!Moo

If we survive it wouldn''t shock me if he keeps his job. He may even keep it if we don''t.I can''t count the number of posts I''ve seen that stated "He will be gone in the morning". They all turned out to be wrong. My reading of the situation before Xmas was that he was more likely than not to keep his job and that has been proved right by events. We all have our own opinions about his suitability to be NCFC manager but an early sacking never looked like being on the cards.As I see it now, he is 95% certain to be here until the end of the season. If we stay up I would think he is 60/40 to still be here in August. If we go down he is 40/60 to be sacked.All still to play for for manager, Club and supporters. Only a fool would bet the entire pot on one particular outcome.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]I would not be at all surprised if Lennon is lined up for the summer , that will probably depend on us staying up though . As for Hughton he is fast approaching Roeder in the popularity stakes he will never fit in as manager here now even if he gets lucky and keeps us up .[/quote]Why on Earth would Lennon give up his job at Celtic and come to Norwich, I sometimes think English people have no grasp whatsoever of the stature attached to a player or manager being involved with a club like Celtic.

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="CanaryOne"]I would not be at all surprised if Lennon is lined up for the summer , that will probably depend on us staying up though . As for Hughton he is fast approaching Roeder in the popularity stakes he will never fit in as manager here now even if he gets lucky and keeps us up .[/quote]Why on Earth would Lennon give up his job at Celtic and come to Norwich, I sometimes think English people have no grasp whatsoever of the stature attached to a player or manager being involved with a club like Celtic. [/quote]I just think he is starting to sound like he wants a change , he was at the Fulham game when Hughton was hanging by a thread and he didnt totally dismiss it out of hand when asked about the job . Believe he said something along the lines of Chris Hughton got the win (after the Hull match) so there probably is no vacancy there at the moment . As for stature of being involved with Celtic , its a one team league and apart from Celtic the others are League 1 standard , is there any glory attached to winning a competition with no other contestant involved ?.Yes they have the Champions League but they have as much chance in that as a non league side have of winning the FA Cup .If we manage to stay up , i could see him jumping at the step up , much like any Celtic player would jump at a switch to the Premier League , all irrelevant though as i believe we are nailed on for the drop .

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 2014-02-14 4:50 PM:

what if he is given significant funds for players?

is there any way back for him now?

There could well be no managerial change in the summer.

1) He won''t be.

2) No

3) There will be

And to finish off - there are no targets, but there was expectation!

And yes, I do know.

CanaryOne wrote the following post at 2014-02-14 5:27 PM:

I would not be at all surprised if Lennon is lined up for the summer.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I''ll go with that.

ricardo wrote the following post at 2014-02-14 5:45 PM:

As I see it now, he is 95% certain to be here until the end of the season.

Yep, for sure.

skippdogg wrote the following post at 2014-02-14 7:05 PM:

if we stay up he will stay.

If we stay up or go down - i am of the opinion he will not.

If we stay up it''s more likely he will be gone, will have £65m to pay up contracts and get in a more acceptable management team that might play football that appeals. If we go down we might not have the funds to sack Hughton and his Championship record is good, my assumption we are skint is we have had to supplement the squad with loanees of different abilities.

pete wrote the following post at 2014-02-14 7:32 PM:

my assumption we are skint is we have had to supplement the squad with loanees of different abilities.

Far from it. One of not too many clubs in the black in the premier league in fact.

Loanees are not expensive - no purchase fee, no player fee, % of wages paid on home club contract.

Elmander and Yobo are very cheap options I think you will find.

Well we will not know exact % of the wages we are paying but I believe Elmander cost over a 1million on loan fee and I read somewhere Yobo & Gutierrez are about 800K, so not really that cheap if they are either not perfroming or injured!

But agree compared to buying in players this is cheap, maybe too cheap come May but we will find out.

I think if we do go down (although i don''t think we will, you never know) Hughton won''t get the sack. Whether he should or not is a hard one because as a manager he would have failed his task given by the board, a pretty simple task; spend wisely and stay up. If we go down, although he''s failed what would have been asked of him, the fact is, who is better (realistically) to get us back up again the following season?

I''m in two minds whether its right or not for the club if we were relegated. For the good of the club, his record is extremely good, especially in the championship. Difficult one, perhaps it depends on how we would go down?

[quote user="Indy"]

Well we will not know exact % of the wages we are paying but I believe Elmander cost over a 1million on loan fee and I read somewhere Yobo & Gutierrez are about 800K, so not really that cheap if they are either not perfroming or injured!

But agree compared to buying in players this is cheap, maybe too cheap come May but we will find out.

[/quote]

I have right to believe in an interview with mcnally that i saw. that Elmander is the highest paid player we have on the books. "He''s on Champions League wages" I believe he said

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 2014-02-14 7:54 PM:

I think if we do go down (although i don''t think we will, you never know) Hughton won''t get the sack. Whether he should or not is a hard one because as a manager he would have failed his task given by the board, a pretty simple task; spend wisely and stay up. If we go down, although he''s failed.........

You do not get rewarded for failure.............

A recent quote I heard.

Whilst I applaud your optimism Mrs M, I do believe he will get the sack.........or it could even be by mutual consent.........come the seasons end.