Sign in to follow this  
Julian

To the board of Norwich City

If you want norwich city to have a chance of escaping relegation you are going to have to relieve Chris hughton and his assistants of their duties. Supporters know this and you know it. One win in thirteen games!!!! Ridiculous. No other club would allow this to have continued. You should have seen the obvious problems last October and acted then. I am not going to go into the style of play dubious team selections, substitutions etc. But there is a problem at a footballing level at norwich city. A change of manager has got to be made. at least if we still went down you would have showed the supporters you gave norwich city a chance of avoiding relegation. It is the manager that has created this problem. If you do not act very very soon norwich city will be relegated.

Agree. The silence of the board is deafening. Only at Norwich will we allow things to drift as they have. If we are serious about being a Premier League team then tough decisions have to be made.We can''t afford to be good old little Norwich any more. Bigger teams than us have made tough calls to the benefit of the team. Now it''s our turn to do the same.

It has to be done. Remove the manager. It really is our only chance. One win in thirteen!!!! It may be worse than death for McNally but what about the supporters. Just look at what is happening. Even commentators are expressing surprise at hughtons decisions. You cannot just sit back and hope the situation improves. It will not. It has gone on too long

Change the record.

The board, along with me and many fans, understand that changing a manager is risky so until we are down and out back the club.

We will stay up but by the sounds of you above we are already relegated !!!

Virtual letters to the board. Facebook "likes". This really is a sign of the times. What happened to real letters to the board, petitions, car stickers, St Andrews Hall meetings, marches all the way from the swimming pool and demonstrations after games? Is the whole experience now online from the streams to the protests? I can''t imagine that many of the board or large shareholders even see this stuff. Poor old Worthy had to contend with the real life action!

Are you really that blind keep the faith. Can you not see what is going on. If it is left as it is we are heading for relegation. It is a fact. A change of management is the only choice left. I repeat one win in thirteen. It is relegation form once again. I would like the chance to watch premiership football again next season not sit back and hope. Goodness me if you want something badly you have to be prepared to make changes.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2014-02-14 4:33 AM:

Virtual letters to the board. Facebook "likes". This really is a sign of the times. What happened to real letters to the board, petitions, car stickers, St Andrews Hall meetings, marches all the way from the swimming pool and demonstrations after games? Is the whole experience now online from the streams to the protests? I can''t imagine that many of the board or large shareholders even see this stuff. Poor old Worthy had to contend with the real life action!

How right you are NN. Virtuality has no place in our current predicament. Realism has, and (some) staff at CR do listen, and just as in the Doncaster days, communicate openly. So I will just correct you regarding your very last sentence - they do see this stuff, (regularly) they are fully aware of the feelings and divides the current situation is generating, and they have the realism to understand exactly why that is. There is collective worriy not only about results, but playing style and it''s lack of success and the effect it is having on not only ticket sales but the plans they wish to take forward into forthcoming seasons. And some know their positions could become untenable and could be on the line due to the failings of others. I have no doubts now that the club heirarchy know exactly what they are doing, why they are doing it, and how they are going to achieve it, and that critical decisions have to be made. I believe they will be made, of that I have no doubt after being invited to digest in a huge dose of realism, rather than virtualism, and that is the reason and only reason I have renewed my season ticket.

[quote user="City 2nd"] Virtuality has no place in our current predicament. Realism has, and (some) staff at CR do listen, and just as in the Doncaster days, communicate openly. So I will just correct you regarding your very last sentence - they do see this stuff, (regularly) they are fully aware of the feelings and divides the current situation is generating, and they have the realism to understand exactly why that is. There is collective worriy not only about results, but playing style and it''s lack of success and the effect it is having on not only ticket sales but the plans they wish to take forward into forthcoming seasons. And some know their positions could become untenable and could be on the line due to the failings of others. I have no doubts now that the club heirarchy know exactly what they are doing, why they are doing it, and how they are going to achieve it, and that critical decisions have to be made. I believe they will be made, of that I have no doubt after being invited to digest in a huge dose of realism, rather than virtualism, and that is the reason and only reason I have renewed my season ticket.[/quote]^^^^^^^ This

[quote user="City 2nd"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2014-02-14 4:33 AM:

Virtual letters to the board. Facebook "likes". This really is a sign of the times. What happened to real letters to the board, petitions, car stickers, St Andrews Hall meetings, marches all the way from the swimming pool and demonstrations after games? Is the whole experience now online from the streams to the protests? I can''t imagine that many of the board or large shareholders even see this stuff. Poor old Worthy had to contend with the real life action!

How right you are NN. Virtuality has no place in our current predicament. Realism has, and (some) staff at CR do listen, and just as in the Doncaster days, communicate openly. So I will just correct you regarding your very last sentence - they do see this stuff, (regularly) they are fully aware of the feelings and divides the current situation is generating, and they have the realism to understand exactly why that is. There is collective worriy not only about results, but playing style and it''s lack of success and the effect it is having on not only ticket sales but the plans they wish to take forward into forthcoming seasons. And some know their positions could become untenable and could be on the line due to the failings of others. I have no doubts now that the club heirarchy know exactly what they are doing, why they are doing it, and how they are going to achieve it, and that critical decisions have to be made. I believe they will be made, of that I have no doubt after being invited to digest in a huge dose of realism, rather than virtualism, and that is the reason and only reason I have renewed my season ticket.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Francis"]If you want norwich city to have a chance of escaping relegation you are going to have to relieve Chris hughton and his assistants of their duties. Supporters know this and you know it. One win in thirteen games!!!! Ridiculous. No other club would allow this to have continued. You should have seen the obvious problems last October and acted then. I am not going to go into the style of play dubious team selections, substitutions etc. But there is a problem at a footballing level at norwich city. A change of manager has got to be made. at least if we still went down you would have showed the supporters you gave norwich city a chance of avoiding relegation. It is the manager that has created this problem. If you do not act very very soon norwich city will be relegated.[/quote]

Aye protests are not what they used to be! We used to have to get off our backsides and go to the ground during the Chase era, I don''t think the cyber protest has quite the same effect Tbh.

It''s an interesting one this,& significant in the way we look at things these days.

If you started a facebook page saying ''I hate the Tories'' (is there one already??) I''m sure it would get several million likes in short order. You could easily make a case for the vast majority of the electorate being totally dissatisfied with the government. Labour could presume they''d win by a landslide, But I doubt they would.

In a democracy nobody''s completely happy. The trick is to minimise the overall unhappiness, & persuade everyone the alternative would be worse. I would imagine it is true to say the majority of fans are unhappy with Hughton, but they are also not convinced that any old replacement would do better.

Perhaps we should be given a list of mangers who would come here (with associated costs) & given a vote?

This thread says exactly what needs to be said. Sick of people saying he won''t be sacked while we''re in the premier league. We''re there until the end of the season. That doesn''t hide the fact that we''re terrible at football, losing games we should be looking to win, on a regular basis. If we played well every week, and got results, then playing well at west ham and losing would be unlucky. But we''re saying the same things week after week. We''re not unlucky, we''re awful. We''ve had a sprinkling of half decent/important results amongst the dross. The board should have taken action ages ago, but have obviously kept faith in the man. How that is still the case, I have no idea. Keeping him in a job now, is a bigger risk than changing him ever was. I hope they do read this at the club, because this is how our manager is making us feel. Not all of us, but a growing number of fans hate the guy for what is happening now. Unpicking the design of the last 4 years one match at a time. How anyone can look at our goals scored record and defend Hughton, I don''t know. This situation has been on the horizon since our now infamous 10 game run, which I believe is what''s still keeping him in a job, came to an abrupt end, and still the club have said nothing. In this time, fans won''t march on the ground for fear of becoming the cause of decay, so this is how people are choosing to make their feeling known.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

In a democracy nobody''s completely happy. The trick is to minimise the overall unhappiness, & persuade everyone the alternative would be worse. I would imagine it is true to say the majority of fans are unhappy with Hughton, but they are also not convinced that any old replacement would do better.

Perhaps we should be given a list of mangers who would come here (with associated costs) & given a vote?[/quote]I know you are looking at this tongue in cheek Ron, but there are some German clubs that are run in a way not dissimilar to this.I guess that British football has gone in rather the opposite way with sugar daddies, owners, majority shareholders, CEO''s and the like.To that extent, football is no different from other businesses. As fans we are the shareholders (in many cases literally so), and just as in most companies the shareholders are happy as long as the yearly results are good and they get a decent dividend/yield, we are happy when results and league position are good. In both cases, the natives get restless when things aren''t progressing well.

Tongue completely out of cheek Reggie. Well almost.

But there are signs that this is the way we are going. Is it viable? I don''t know. It would need an intelligent & sophisticated fan base to make it work .......

In practice I think we could end up with some sort of electoral system - I don''t think the board would necessarily be averse to this - rather like the clubs you mention, as I reckon most fans fans are bright enough (& experienced enough) to realise that running a football club is a difficult undertaking, so would be happy to delegate such responsibility to those they consider best suited.

Until it all goes Pete Tong ...

[quote user="City 2nd"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 2014-02-14 4:33 AM:

How right you are NN. Virtuality has no place in our current predicament. Realism has, and (some) staff at CR do listen, and just as in the Doncaster days, communicate openly. So I will just correct you regarding your very last sentence - they do see this stuff, (regularly) they are fully aware of the feelings and divides the current situation is generating, and they have the realism to understand exactly why that is. There is collective worriy not only about results, but playing style and it''s lack of success and the effect it is having on not only ticket sales but the plans they wish to take forward into forthcoming seasons. And some know their positions could become untenable and could be on the line due to the failings of others. I have no doubts now that the club heirarchy know exactly what they are doing, why they are doing it, and how they are going to achieve it, and that critical decisions have to be made. I believe they will be made, of that I have no doubt after being invited to digest in a huge dose of realism, rather than virtualism, and that is the reason and only reason I have renewed my season ticket.[/quote]

Where the realism bites is the realisation that to improve the situation a viable and better alternative has to be in place first. The wide belief that anybody would be better than Hughton is as flawed as it was when the same mentality and in many cases the same people bleated that anybody would be better than Worthy. The reality of that nonsensical view bit home bigtime and yet seems to be forgotten over the last 5 years.

The board''s mantra has been to be "best in class" at everything. That includes the football manager who only a year ago they considered to be "best in class". So I have every confidence that they won''t take a blind turn if they see replacing the manager as the next step. But I also have every confidence that they can and do seperate the real concerns from the piffle spouted.

My post was very much tongue in cheek but has a serious side too. The ease of access to social media has made protestors lazy and the real number and their commitment to the cause can no longer be measured.

Change the record, West Ham also had one win in thirteen and have since won three on the spin. Do some research before you say "no other club"

[quote user="City 2nd"]

How right you are NN. Virtuality has no place in our current predicament. Realism has, and (some) staff at CR do listen, and just as in the Doncaster days, communicate openly. So I will just correct you regarding your very last sentence - they do see this stuff, (regularly) they are fully aware of the feelings and divides the current situation is generating, and they have the realism to understand exactly why that is. There is collective worriy not only about results, but playing style and it''s lack of success and the effect it is having on not only ticket sales but the plans they wish to take forward into forthcoming seasons. And some know their positions could become untenable and could be on the line due to the failings of others. I have no doubts now that the club heirarchy know exactly what they are doing, why they are doing it, and how they are going to achieve it, and that critical decisions have to be made. I believe they will be made, of that I have no doubt after being invited to digest in a huge dose of realism, rather than virtualism, and that is the reason and only reason I have renewed my season ticket.[/quote]City 2nd, I think most of us want very much to believe you on this, along with your very recent cast-iron assertion that Hughton will be sacked even if we stay up. But I have to ask just how much credibility do you have? Now if it was City1st making these kinds of insider-knowledge predictions, in that calm, rational and utterly authoritative way of his no-one would have the slightest doubt...

A pointless exercise. The Board will act when they think fit and they won''t be canvassing any football Forums to gauge opinion. They own the club, it''s their money at stake. They will do what they think is right all in good time.

Nutty Nigel Wrote:

Where the realism bites is the realisation that to improve the situation a viable and better alternative has to be in place first. The wide belief that anybody would be better than Hughton is as flawed as it was when the same mentality and in many cases the same people bleated that anybody would be better than Worthy. The reality of that nonsensical view bit home bigtime and yet seems to be forgotten over the last 5 years.

A very good point Nigel. If you don''t have a credible plan in place then you don''t have a valid argument. All the outers will say ''there must be someone better''. That may not be the case. Sacking the manager could make our survival chances worse. West Ham have turned the corner, whereas Cardiff and Fulham continue to struggle despite the change in management.

To criticise the way NCFC is run, as some have in this thread, is incredibly myopic. What the board have helped to achieve in the last 5 years has been quite remarkable. A double promotion and total debt clearance means that, whatever happens this season the Club is in far better shape now than ever it has been in the 20 years that I''ve been a supporter. You might disagree with faith being retained in the manager, but have the good grace not to start slinging mud and the people who have rescued this Club from the abyss.

If the board do not act it is almost certain we will be relegated. The demise on the playing side is there to be seen. It really has been going on too long. We all know this. The team is picked and set up by the manager. Just look where we are!!! If we want to try and recover the situation then the board need to act. We can''t.

How can anyone say its ''almost certain we will be relegated'' when the table is so tight. If we win the next game we''ll be mid table again

[quote user="mrs miggins"]How can anyone say its ''almost certain we will be relegated'' when the table is so tight. If we win the next game we''ll be mid table again[/quote]

I''ve been told on good authority that we will not score any more goals this season, therefore we will be relegated.  The strikers can''t score, the manager can''t manage, the goalkeeper can''t keep, the defenders can''t defend, the midfielders are not allowed to move.   So we''re as good as down.........

..........or in the real world........there are twelve games to play and on the evidence of the last three we are capable of competing with and creating enough chances to score enough goals to win enough matches to stay up - even to the extent of reaching that tenth position.  After all, how many points are we off 10th place? 

PC wrote

City 2nd, I think most of us want very much to believe you on this, along with your very recent cast-iron assertion that Hughton will be sacked even if we stay up. But I have to ask just how much credibility do you have?

I''m not asking you to believe me at all, and as for credibility, you''ll have to make your own mind up about that. My position comes from my taking positive steps to assist me in deciding whether it was worth my while renewing my season ticket for next season based on the lack of entertainment, style of football and negativity within that style I have been watching for eighteen months, and in doing that I spoke with persons who could help in that process. My opinions are based on that, and purely that.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="mrs miggins"]How can anyone say its ''almost certain we will be relegated'' when the table is so tight. If we win the next game we''ll be mid table again[/quote]

I''ve been told on good authority that we will not score any more goals this season, therefore we will be relegated.  The strikers can''t score, the manager can''t manage, the goalkeeper can''t keep, the defenders can''t defend, the midfielders are not allowed to move.   So we''re as good as down.........

..........or in the real world........there are twelve games to play and on the evidence of the last three we are capable of competing with and creating enough chances to score enough goals to win enough matches to stay up - even to the extent of reaching that tenth position.  After all, how many points are we off 10th place? 

[/quote]One win in the last 13 and harder fixtures coming up , we have zero chance of winning enough games to stay up .Hughton has forgotten how to win , if he ever did know how to .

[quote user="City 2nd"]PC wrote

City 2nd, I think most of us want very much to believe you on this, along with your very recent cast-iron assertion that Hughton will be sacked even if we stay up. But I have to ask just how much credibility do you have?

I''m not asking you to believe me at all, and as for credibility, you''ll have to make your own mind up about that. My position comes from my taking positive steps to assist me in deciding whether it was worth my while renewing my season ticket for next season based on the lack of entertainment, style of football and negativity within that style I have been watching for eighteen months, and in doing that I spoke with persons who could help in that process. My opinions are based on that, and purely that.[/quote]City 2nd, I obviously should have littered my post with [:D] [:D] [:D]! I was joking. I thought the reference to City1st made that plain!

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="mrs miggins"]How can anyone say its ''almost certain we will be relegated'' when the table is so tight. If we win the next game we''ll be mid table again[/quote]

[/quote]One win in the last 13 and harder fixtures coming up , we have zero chance of winning enough games to stay up .Hughton has forgotten how to win , if he ever did know how to .[/quote]

Hughton knows how to win.   He has managed successful teams - and free scoring teams at that.    Its difficult for people to believe that we might turn it round, but the last three performances have been encouraging in terms of general play - and there are enough games to get the wins/draws  we need.   The strikers can''t complain about lack of opportunities in the last three games - its now down to them to get their act together.

Totally agree LDC. We have what it takes to win 5 or more of the remaining games. We have played well recently including being very unlucky at WH.

IT IS NOT OVER TO THE FAT LADY SINGS AND SOME ON HERE ARE HEARING THINGS!!!!

Get a grip. It''s a rollercoaster so enjoy it.