Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Candidates for caretaker?

"Oi!!

Leave Killie out of it! Home town of Gary Holt and recent League Cup Winners with one ''Admiral'' Nelson in the side!!

Now if you''d said Hearts.... "

My sincerest apologies Killie. I obviously meant Hearts!

[quote user="City 2nd"]Fuzzar wrote the following post at 2014-02-12 11:58 PM:

I''m not convinced that changing the manager now would make a substantive difference.

I suspect the Board are now hoping we limp over the line and will re-assess at the end of the season.

Rightly or wrongly they didn''t make the change when a new manager could have had a positive effect.

Had we lost to Hull, it''s my belief that Lennon would have been offered the post, and maybe he could have galvanised us but I doubt whether he would come in in caretaker capacity.

Oh so close Fuzzar, nail and head, but watch this space![/quote]I hope he is not right about one of those suppositions. Until Lennon proves himself at a club that actually needs some managing he should not be allowed anywhere near Carrow Road.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Notts county were in the old first division"

You specifically stated that Warnock had been relegated from the Prem 3 times and sacked another time at the bottom of the table. Here is your quote:

"who has failed to keep 3 teams in the prem and was sacked with a 4th rock bottom"

I stated that Warnock had only been in the Prem with two clubs, relegated once and sacked in 17th.

I''ve been proved right, and you have been proved wrong.[/quote]

which I acknowledged.. if you want to split hairs we won the milk cup.. not the league cup... England won the Jules Rimet Trophy.. not the world cup....

either way.. you Haven''t answered my question, Why bring in a manager with a track record of Relegation from the top flight to replace one that has finished significantly higher and to date NEVER Been relegated from the top flight???

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 2014-02-13 12:

I hope he is not right about one of those suppositions. Until Lennon proves himself at a club that actually needs some managing he should not be allowed anywhere near Carrow Road.

You really think Celtic don''t need managing. The expectation there is greater than any of the top six in the prem - and it''s not just football!

Well if one of Hughton''s failings is that he is too nice then the board would certainly be going to the other extreme.

Lennon is singularly charmless, with a persecution complex to rival SAF himself!

Much as I dislike how he often conducts himself I find myself completely unsure whether he might be just right for us. I actually think he has overachieved in Europe with a limited Celtic side in recent years...

[quote user="City 2nd"]PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 2014-02-13 12:

I hope he is not right about one of those suppositions. Until Lennon proves himself at a club that actually needs some managing he should not be allowed anywhere near Carrow Road.

You really think Celtic don''t need managing. The expectation there is greater than any of the top six in the prem - and it''s not just football![/quote]He has to prove himself at a club that is a much more difficult proposition week in, week out. If he wants to manage a Premier League club then he ought to be prepared first to manage in League One or possibly at a struggling club in the Championship. In musicians'' terms he needs to pay his dues.

Purple Canary wrote

I hope he is not right about one of those suppositions. Until Lennon proves himself at a club that actually needs some managing he should not be allowed anywhere near Carrow Road

And there''s the rub, if he does that successfully he will be then looking for a bigger club than Norwich

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Colin until the end of the season. at least there would be passion, energy and a few strong words[/quote]

and relegation...

bumped for Le Juge

what is your logic for wanting a manager with a worse track record in the top flight, to replace the one we currently have?

[quote user="stoke canary"]What about Mr Griffiths that miserable so and so out of Grange Hill ?? Would get on with some of the miserable so and so''s on here !![/quote]

You beat me to it!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="City 2nd"]PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 2014-02-13 12:

You really think Celtic don''t need managing. The expectation there is greater than any of the top six in the prem - and it''s not just football![/quote]He has to prove himself at a club that is a much more difficult proposition week in, week out. If he wants to manage a Premier League club then he ought to be prepared first to manage in League One or possibly at a struggling club in the Championship. In musicians'' terms he needs to pay his dues.[/quote]

you talk some shite. he would be the best realistic option in the summer, and he would be great for a club of our size.

Guess Le Judge clearly doesnt want warnock and wants change for changes sake....

I tend to find people dont reply when you''ve "got them" and peed on the bonfire

I propose, Gordon BrownHe''s out of work so could take over straight away and has an amazing track record.Apparently he saved the world, so NCFC should be a doddle.[:D]

reckon they should dig up thatchers old bones and use her a human puppet like mr hanky or something; should spark a bit more life into the players

''The lady''s not for turning''