Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Candidates for caretaker?

Colin as a caretaker is one of the best ideas I have heard for a long time.

we have hughton in charge and he will remain in charge till the summer at the very least, but if i had to pick id say groundskeeper willie.

Friends with Delia, point to prove, needs a job, has always wanted to manage us, keeps it simple, motivates players and is old enough to be too bothered if it is temporary.

Wouldn''t choose him permanently but looks like a match made in heaven for three months.

Anyone, is it possible to do any worse?Cant score,1 Point from the drop with the worst run in to come. Cant play away from homeBudget spent on 2 strikers see also point 1 above!I am sure we have been here before? I am guessing we have potentially 3 winnable home games to go against West Brom, Sunderland and Stoke. To that end I have no idea where we are going to get the required points. Especially as Hughton will take a point against these teams unless we are 2 up with ten mins to play given the quality at their disposal.

I think hie could manage the team and clean the bogs at the same time, can''t go wrong.

I am guessing we have potentially 3 winnable home games to go against West Brom, Sunderland and Stoke. To that end I have no idea where we are going to get the required points. Especially as Hughton will take a point against these teams unless we are 2 up with ten mins to play given the quality at their disposal.

No he won''t, he will try and win those three games!

Be critical if you wish but don''t exaggerated !

How about Jenny Jones?  She''s got time on her hands with the Olympics out of the way and might have a whole range of motivational tactics unavailable to CH.Bonus points for Aimee Fuller as Head Cheerleader.[Sighs, goes for a cold shower and a lie down]

"What''s his record like for keeping teams in the Premiership?"

Relegated on the final day of the season with Sheff Utd (who he got promoted), sacked by QPR with them in a safe position.

How many unemployed realistic managers can you think of who have a long track record of keeping teams in the Premier League?

Roberto Martinez has a Premier League relegation on his CV. So does Harry Redknapp.

Hughton came here with no track record of keeping teams in the Premier League, he will end this season with two full Premier League seasons and one relegation.

Lambert came here with no Premier League experience and kept us up.

Di Canio kept Sunderland up (mistake was giving him the full time job).

You could share your candidates if you wish Fuzzar? You will struggle to find a caretaker who meets your criteria though.

the same "colin" who has failed to keep 3 teams in the prem and was sacked with a 4th rock bottom...

Dear god....

by the way.. you don''t have a care taker until the manager is sacked...

I''m not convinced that changing the manager now would make a substantive difference.

I suspect the Board are now hoping we limp over the line and will re-assess at the end of the season.

Rightly or wrongly they didn''t make the change when a new manager could have had a positive effect. So I suppose the OP, while interesting, is largely irrelevant.

Had we lost to Hull, it''s my belief that Lennon would have been offered the post, and maybe he could have galvanised us but I doubt whether he would come in in caretaker capacity.

I would now stick rather than twist and hope that the recent positive displays are reflected in results.

Really Van Wink what really?Maybe for the first 70 mins, at that point if we are in front we will try to hold what we have and if we are drawing he will take off a striker and put on Elmander or a defensive mid to tighten up. Its his way or have you not noticed? Thats why we dont win many games. Lambert was the complete opposite of this.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]I''m not convinced that changing the manager now would make a substantive difference.

I suspect the Board are now hoping we limp over the line and will re-assess at the end of the season.

Rightly or wrongly they didn''t make the change when a new manager could have had a positive effect. So I suppose the OP, while interesting, is largely irrelevant.

Had we lost to Hull, it''s my belief that Lennon would have been offered the post, and maybe he could have galvanised us but I doubt whether he would come in in caretaker capacity.

I would now stick rather than twist and hope that the recent positive displays are reflected in results.[/quote]

lots of people go on about Lennon but no one can offer anything as to why he would leave a job that offers a league title, medals and the champions league every season to come and manage a mid table premiership side?

"the same "colin" who has failed to keep 3 teams in the prem and was sacked with a 4th rock bottom..."

We must be talking about a different Neil Warnock then Jas because the Neil Warnock that I am talking about has only been in the Prem with two teams, was relegated with one and was sacked by the other with the team in 17th.

Unless you want to prove that you aren''t making things up.

Long drives home wrote the following post at 12/02/2014 8:00 PM:

Really Van Wink what really?

Maybe for the first 70 mins, at that point if we are in front we will try to hold what we have and if we are drawing he will take off a striker and put on Elmander or a defensive mid to tighten up. Its his way or have you not noticed? Thats why we dont win many games. Lambert was the complete opposite of this.

Have you not noticed that we tend to win when we need to?

[quote user="Le Juge"]"the same "colin" who has failed to keep 3 teams in the prem and was sacked with a 4th rock bottom..."

We must be talking about a different Neil Warnock then Jas because the Neil Warnock that I am talking about has only been in the Prem with two teams, was relegated with one and was sacked by the other with the team in 17th.

Unless you want to prove that you aren''t making things up.[/quote]

Notts County, Crystal palace, Sheffield united.. sacked by QPR... ok I got them wrong... but more than happy to prove you wrong with the others...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Warnock

So... why colin again?

"lots of people go on about Lennon but no one can offer anything as to why he would leave a job that offers a league title, medals and the champions league every season to come and manage a mid table premiership side?"

I''ve never gone on about him and he wouldn''t necessarily be my choice. But I imagine he''d leave Celtic for largely the same reasons as Hooper.

There''s only so much fun you can have playing Kilmarnock, or whoever, 4 times a year in anticipation of ultimately being routed Champions League.

"Notts County, Crystal palace, Sheffield united.. sacked by QPR... ok I got them wrong... but more than happy to prove you wrong with the others... "

1). Notts County have never been in the Premier League.

2) Warnock did not manage Crystal Palace in the Premier League.

3) Yes he got relegated with Sheffield United, who were favourites for relegation. He got them promoted.

4) Sacked by QPR in 17th place, they were relegated under Hughes & Redknapp the following season.

So you got 1 out of 4. Does help if your argument contains actual facts rather than made up ones. So much for proving me wrong you muppet.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Notts County, Crystal palace, Sheffield united.. sacked by QPR... ok I got them wrong... but more than happy to prove you wrong with the others... "

3) Yes he got relegated with Sheffield United, who were favourites for relegation. He got them promoted.

4) Sacked by QPR in 17th place, they were relegated under Hughes & Redknapp the following season.

So you got 1 out of 4. Does help if your argument contains actual facts rather than made up ones. So much for proving me wrong you muppet.[/quote]Without getting into this argument, Sheffield United only got relegated that season because West Ham cheated their way to safety and were allowed to get away wth it.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]I''m not convinced that changing the manager now would make a substantive difference.  [/quote]
Tell that to Crystal Palace fans. Didn''t do them any harm.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Notts County, Crystal palace, Sheffield united.. sacked by QPR... ok I got them wrong... but more than happy to prove you wrong with the others... "

So you got 1 out of 4. Does help if your argument contains actual facts rather than made up ones. So much for proving me wrong you muppet.[/quote]

Notts county were in the old first division (Premier League now) in 1991/92.. Neil WArnock was manager and failed to keep them in the division

he was sacked shortly after...

I have already admitted i was wrong with Palace and QPR...

find where I have made up about Notts county?

so.. why should we hire Neil "Relegation" Warnock when our current manager has never been relegated from the top Flight and has also finished higher? or am i making that up too?

WRT Notts county, they were relegated from the top division (with colin in charge) the season before the premier league started.

WRT the original question I think Adams has to be the top candidate for caretaker

"Notts county were in the old first division"

You specifically stated that Warnock had been relegated from the Prem 3 times and sacked another time at the bottom of the table. Here is your quote:

"who has failed to keep 3 teams in the prem and was sacked with a 4th rock bottom"

I stated that Warnock had only been in the Prem with two clubs, relegated once and sacked in 17th.

I''ve been proved right, and you have been proved wrong.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]"lots of people go on about Lennon but no one can offer anything as to why he would leave a job that offers a league title, medals and the champions league every season to come and manage a mid table premiership side?"

I''ve never gone on about him and he wouldn''t necessarily be my choice. But I imagine he''d leave Celtic for largely the same reasons as Hooper.

There''s only so much fun you can have playing Kilmarnock, or whoever, 4 times a year in anticipation of ultimately being routed Champions League.[/quote]

Oi!!

Leave Killie out of it! Home town of Gary Holt and recent League Cup Winners with one ''Admiral'' Nelson in the side!!

Now if you''d said Hearts....

"Tell that to Crystal Palace fans. Didn''t do them any harm."

Pulis had the window to improve the squad. We don''t.

Fuzzar wrote the following post at 2014-02-12 11:58 PM:

I''m not convinced that changing the manager now would make a substantive difference.

Rightly or wrongly they didn''t make the change when a new manager could have had a positive effect.

Oh so close Fuzzar, nail and head, but watch this space!