Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

nonsense - accepting defeat before game 1

all this is nonsense, ''close to this 9th place is the higher level of our expectations'' apparently - i dont really expect 9th place but by suggesting this is the upper limit is pretty much accepting defeat, i dont expect 4th and champions league and i dont think anyone does, but the reality is we are 1 point off the drop.this football club was the 9th highest spending club in this division until the january window closed

mcnally not a genuine fan, any passion he has in the club is via his wage packet - team does well = mcnally gets paid, he will probably get paid if we go down, and then go to another club and suffer no drop in incomeapparently hughton believes we will stay up and therefore mcnally and the board support thisidiots.

I really hope he proves you wrong.

The thing is you aren''t right or wrong because the sae on isn''t over yet and its so tight. Also why are you being so disrespectful to mcnally, you can tell he has passion for the club, he even said he should get the sack if he''s not doing his job right

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]You have to aim to win the league - it sounds ridiculous, but surely you want to win every game. Win every game you win the league.[/quote]even 4th is crazy talk BUTi think for this club aiming to do better than last season is a must, i also think if you spend as much money as hughton did (whilst being relative) he should be doing betterbut players like any employee in any environment need to be made to feel like they can achieve, opposed to "you have done your best" or "you have done your best against a superior" if not whats the point, they just settle, its basic psychology

we spent 9th highest in transfer fees only, but that is only playing catch up, look at where we are in the salary table, right at the bottom and year after year it is that squad salary spend that almost dictates where a club finishes.

as such its realistic that our best season will see us finish no higher than 7-9th. Its not defeatist at all.