Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Meulensteen sacked

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Felix Magath now in charge.[/quote]

The definition of insanity?anyone?

although they were right to sack him, why get Macgarth? is that the best they can do for a premier league team. However, i guess it may work for them this season, if you look at Di canio when he arrived at sunderland, he kept them up.

But Macgarth.....wtf??!???

it''s a mess at fulham, thank god that we''ve kept with CH eh?

Can anyone name a premier league team who''ve sacked two managers in a season and stayed up?

looks agood manager has won the bundesliga 3 times as manager. averages about a 50% win rate

I wish i could be bothered to trawl back through all the old posts to find all those posters who thought Meulensteen should be in charge here.[:P]

[quote user="skippdogg"]looks agood manager has won the bundesliga 3 times as manager. averages about a 50% win rate[/quote]His next 12 games are likely to bring that down a touch then.[;)]

"although they were right to sack him, why get Macgarth? is that the best they can do for a premier league team. However, i guess it may work for them this season, if you look at Di canio when he arrived at sunderland, he kept them up. But Macgarth.....wtf??!???"

Sounds like you know more about him than I do, probably because I''ve never heard of him, but looks to have a good CV to me.

Won two doubles at Bayern in consecutive years, and has won the Bundesliga three times..

Read this on wiki:

"As a manager, Magath quickly gained respect and became notorious for his hard, grinding training methods, laying heavy emphasis on discipline, fitness and conditioning. Players gave him nicknames like "Saddam" (Saddam Hussein) or “Quälix”, a rhyming mash of his first name Felix and the German verb “quälen” (to torture).[6] He was once described by former Eintracht Frankfurt player Bachirou Salou as the "last dictator in Europe".[7]"

Maybe that is what the Fulham owners feel they need, the Berbatov attitude may have rubbed off on their players. He can get away with it because he is top class, the rest of them can''t because they are a mediocre bunch.

Mrs Miggins why were they right to sack him ? lead Utd for a long time before coming away with a draw and gave Liverpool a right fright the other night . Fulham had started playing better than they have all season . Also strange saying they should sack him when you have been a firm dont sack Hughton person , somebody who really does need to go .

Because Fulham are in the relegation zone and having seen them play, do look like going down whereas norwich aren''t in the relegation zone and i''m not sure if we look like we''re going down, i don''t think we will, it depends on how we do in the next few matches.

I can''t believe you think they should have kept with him having taken them to the bottom of the league and yet you want to get rid of hughton. I don''t want to say ''that''s the logic of the hughton outers'' but it''s not far off in my opinion. Fulham are not taking a risk, they''re going down with Mulenstein, at least now they have a fresh manager who may get the dressing room together. Here it''s a big risk sacking hughton as he''s still very much got the dressing room.

Berbatov isn''t at fulham anymore i don''t think, one of the reasons why they are at the bottom of the league, but i do agree with you le huge, his attitude will be good for fulham to kick them up the @rse a bit. The question is their strike force -can they cut it?

I wonder how those players feel who signed for Fulham in January? A bit pissed off i would imagine and probably might not take too kindly to someone who has about to lay the law down. Let''s hope they go on holiday.

Would anyone seriously wish this on our club!?!?

I was less than 100% serious a couple of weeks ago when I posted that we may have club''s sacking their second manager before Hughton is sacked. But it came to pass...

The modern world of Premier League management. Results are the only issue. Keep Fulham up and this is a good move. All the managers involved will be paid handsomely. Wouldn''t bother me if we have 5 managers in one season, all paid £1m and we stay up.

Or perhaps we have : -

As far as England''s top flight is concerned, Manchester City must surely take the honours for what happened in 1995-96. City began the season with Alan Ball in charge, but he had left by the end of August and was replaced by Asa Hartford as caretaker manager. Then along came Steve Coppell: arrived as boss in early October, departed in early November. Time for another caretaker in the shape of Phil Neal until 28 December, when Frank Clark was appointed manager. Frank, above, survived the rest of the season (until February 1998 in fact), but City narrowly failed to avoid the drop after a campaign of three full-time managers and two caretakers. Never a dull moment at Maine Road - and now at the Etihad.