Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Howson - the return

Jonny howson will be close to a return soon and I think it his input we have missed the most in the last few weeks...

Johnson has done a job but does a very different job to that of howson.

I''m not suggesting one man makes a team but we have missed him, look forward to his return immensely

He''ll take a while to get back to any kind of form. Has always been a player that relies on consistent game time before he finds his mojo.

Its interesting, but the team have been creating chances and doing enough groundwork to win matches if only the strikers had scored -  so I don''t think he is as important as he was in some respects.  Still a first choice when on form, but without him, we are still a threat.   The main thing he would give us is that little bit extra control of the ball, but as has been said it will take him a while to get back to full match fitness so it is just as well we have looked stronger recently, albeit without the goals.

[quote user="Yobocop"]Jonny howson will be close to a return soon and I think it his input we have missed the most in the last few weeks...

Johnson has done a job but does a very different job to that of howson.

I''m not suggesting one man makes a team but we have missed him, look forward to his return immensely[/quote]And hopefully he''ll do what he did last season, score a couple in the last 2 games that keep us up! [:D]

he is only about to restart training so it will take little time to regain fitness to start; but it is indeed great news.

It''s a distant memory now but I think our team looked fairly decent when we had Tettey, Howson and Fer in the midfield. I think the performances have improved with Tettey''s return, maybe we might just get a win with the return of Howson as well?