Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Hitmen must be more clinical - Hughton

Poor Chris. His hands were completely tied with this one. Given no money and not being able to bring his own players in. Must be so frustrating having to play the last managers players.

Our strike force options - Hooper - 5 PL goals but nothing in his last 8 games despite several clear cut chancesRVW - 1 PL goal but not even a hint of another since August 17thElmander - No PL goals at all for NCFC and doesn''t look like scoring - everSo why, with 3 strikers who currently appear to be totally incapable of finding the back of then net, why is our 4th option only given a few token substitute appearances, usually very late in the game.Surely Becchio must be worth a try, if only on the basis that he cannot be any worse than what we''ve got now.So he might not show much in training whilst presumably the others do but they can''t convert their training form into results on the pitch. Why can''t Becchio be the opposite - rubbish on the training ground but effective on the pitch. He could be the solution to our goal drought & he could be our saviour - stranger things have happened because as we all know, football is a funny old game.Is this an effective use of all available resources?

On the face of it, the treatment of Becchio has been disgusting. We recruit a forward in form from a lower division, having supposedly done our homework on him, and then NEVER play him. Even playing our record signing before him, when our current approach play is far more suited to LB than RvW....I believe Michael Bailey said something about it being criminal that we recruited RvW without changing our forward play. It is. Most have seen this for months. We''re still here ...with many less games left for survival. It really hasn''t been 20/20 hindsight has it !?!!

from warnocks book

he had to go, but I needed to get a replacement. One player I’ve always admired, especially since a performance for Millwall against my QPR, is Steve Morison. I tried to sign him when QPR went up but Norwich beat us to him. He did well for them in their first season in the Premier League but was now on the bench most weeks. I got in touch with Chris Hughton at Norwich but he insisted he wouldn’t let Morison go until he got a replacement. He was finding that difficult. It was all over the papers that they had had bids rejected for strikers like Celtic’s Gary Hooper. Then they lost in the FA Cup to non-League Luton to top off a bad run in the league and I knew they’d be getting desperate to sign someone. I could have offered Becchio to Chris, but that would have weakened my negotiating position as it would have made it obvious I needed to shift Becchio. So I asked someone else with links to the club to throw his name in the hat. It worked. Becchio had not been on their radar but a 19-goal striker was going to keep the fans happy, and he was a lot cheaper than Hooper. We also got a cash adjustment in our favour, £ 200,000, so the new owners were happy, and after the problems with Becchio so was I.

Interesting.

no homework was done on bechio he was a panic buy.

Any chance of some context please, exactly what were these problems with Becchio??? Is this just Colins way of twisting around Becchios transfer request and the three approaches or were there other problems??Quite frankly a Champs manager who has a striker on 19 goals by half way through the season doesn''t have that much of a problem in fact I should imagine this is something all Champs managers would actually want.....Sounds like a bitter old man trying to sensationalise a non-event for money to me....[:|]

he wanted out of leeds to earn more money and stopped putting any effort in and the leeds fans took it out on warnock.

Oddly Warnock said that Ross McCormack was a lazy player on Talksport and he`s banging them too.

Speaks in tongues does Mr Warnock "I like him me I do Alan"

[quote user="skippdogg"]he wanted out of leeds to earn more money and stopped putting any effort in and the leeds fans took it out on warnock.[/quote]As I thought, "twisted by Knaves".........Three foreign clubs offered him a better deal, Leeds refused to release him so he applied for a transfer IIRC.  Warnock is simply trying to save face he and his lower league outfit were completely outgunned from all sides.