Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Pleasure & Leisure Corporation PLC

Owners of Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach.

How long have they owned 4.7% of the club, is this a recent development or a historic stake, and if recent how come this stake has been built without anybody noticing - unless I was the one not to notice?

That makes a lot of sense as almost every director of that company (and there are many) have the surname ''Jones''.

It would be historic then. Just wondered whether there was recent investment on the quiet or somebody planning to make some moves.

[quote user="Le Juge"]That makes a lot of sense as almost every director of that company (and there are many) have the surname ''Jones''. It would be historic then. Just wondered whether there was recent investment on the quiet or somebody planning to make some moves.[/quote]

Historic, well 80/90''s

That''s recent for me![;)]

Ah yes, the sacred quarry of a former potential club saviour Giovanni Di Stefano?

Aldo Spinelli, I mourn your failed acquisition to this day, how different things could have been.

Very ------- different.

Le juge you must be a younge un if you didn''t know the answer to that one.

[quote user="Bury Green"]Ah yes, the sacred quarry of a former potential club saviour Giovanni Di Stefano?

Aldo Spinelli, I mourn your failed acquisition to this day, how different things could have been.

Very ------- different.[/quote]In 2001 Jones owned 9% of the shares valued at £450,000 which he offered to Giovanni di Stefano."Di Stefano initially approached Norwich about buying some shares, but

after being knocked back Jones contacted him. He has since received a

telephone call from di Stefano''s representatives.Jones said: "I do not know what they want, but we are waiting for further contact this week."They sound interested but we have been down this road before. A lot of things need to be discussed."He

added: "All I am interested in is getting somebody in that can do some

good for Norwich City Football Club. If that means selling our shares

then so be it - that is what we will do."Rome-based di Stefano said:

"We have now been in full contact with Mr Jones and I am confident that

an agreement can and will be reached whereby my family will become

shareholders in Norwich City FC."
Di Stefano wanted to have his son on the NCFC board.but when Delia wouldn''t entertain him the deal fell through.As you say Bury, very different.....

I am familiar with Jimmy Jones.

I wasn''t aware that the pleasure beach was his family firm.