Sign in to follow this  
RuelFox

MCNALLY OUT

"and only just avoided relegation because of a late win, a position than consolidated by another"

That''s not true though is it. If we have lost both of those games we still would have stayed up.

We had a 7 to 10 point gap between us and the relegation zone for a huge chunk of the season, had a slight blip, and still finished 8 points away from the relegation zone.

We are approaching the end of this season and do not have the luxury of any margin at all, have never been more than 3 points away from the relegation zone. Have scored less goals per game, conceeded more goals per game, and have less points per game.

Only the blind can''t see that we have gone backwards this season.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Only reason nobody will invest in us is because the owner is not for selling , Fernandes came along to watch a game if i recall but they soon saw him off . You have to want it , we clearly do not .[/quote]

So the club just paid someone to find investment for fun? (At least I assumed he was paid, although apparent not very well if he didn''t find any).

Of course Delia and MWJ will sell, they aren''t mega rich, they are getting on. They simply don''t have the money to keep the club progressing, or even to compete at this level. Is their any evidence Fernandes offered anywhere near enough to buy the club? Or the guys money he was investing wanted Norwich? Maybe that''s the problem, he came here with links because of Lotus but the guys with the real money wernt interested. Or they were looking to buy on the cheap and the owners wouldn''t have it.

I very much doubt they turned down a genuine fair takeover bid. And if they did, I''m extremely glad. QPR is far from a club model I''d like here. Joey Barton? No thanks...

GP- "We weren''t on an upwards trajectory in the summer, we''d had a terrible six months and only just avoided relegation because of a late win, a position than consolidated by another"

Exactly gp so the "bored" thought wow that was fun, let''s keep him for next season. Gluttons for punishment kind of thing and it seems likely the punishments going to be dished out in 12 games time.

Also I''m fed up of people saying "small club in a big league, money not spent enough so we are where we are etc etc" it''s tinpot li''l old norwich syndrome fans saying that must make the bored think we''ll if it all goes wrong it doesn''t matter it''s what they expected. we did well our first season with on paper a poor team now we have spent money and look a shadow of ourselves back then. Which to me shows you get the RIGHT manager in then teams can out perform, when the wrong ones in well I don''t even need to say it.

[quote user="Le Juge"]"and only just avoided relegation because of a late win, a position than consolidated by another"

That''s not true though is it. If we have lost both of those games we still would have stayed up.

We had a 7 to 10 point gap between us and the relegation zone for a huge chunk of the season, had a slight blip, and still finished 8 points away from the relegation zone.

We are approaching the end of this season and do not have the luxury of any margin at all, have never been more than 3 points away from the relegation zone. Have scored less goals per game, conceeded more goals per game, and have less points per game.

Only the blind can''t see that we have gone backwards this season.[/quote]

And I imagine other teams have as well.

Do you think were the only set of fans complaining?

Throughout the season it''s been hilarious to see the overreactions from fans at every single bottom tne club, Newcastle and Man.U.

I love football, I really do. And this club. But some people on here, on twitter and supporters of other clubs just take the piss. It''s like they have nothing better to do assume terrible terrible things will happen, complain about everything possible and see literally no good in anything.

The impression given at the time was that they wanted somebody else on board.

Whether they would have sold or not is anybodies guess, but "investment" can just mean taking a slice of the business and putting some money in, and doesn''t necessarily mean they will take a seat on the board (although they would probably want to).

They have shown themselves willing to bring people in before, the Turners got places on the board in return for an interest free loan and then bailed out.

So there has never been any doubt that they are open to new investment and bringing in new board members, but the price they quoted Cullum suggested that they weren''t too keen on a complete parting of ways because £20m for their shares was a lot of money at the time considering the debt that the club had.

The impression given at the time was that they wanted somebody else on board.

Whether they would have sold or not is anybodies guess, but "investment" can just mean taking a slice of the business and putting some money in, and doesn''t necessarily mean they will take a seat on the board (although they would probably want to).

They have shown themselves willing to bring people in before, the Turners got places on the board in return for an interest free loan and then bailed out.

So there has never been any doubt that they are open to new investment and bringing in new board members, but the price they quoted Cullum suggested that they weren''t too keen on a complete parting of ways because £20m for their shares was a lot of money at the time considering the debt that the club had.

I think people should be careful what they wish for anyway, "investment" is normally made up mostly of a loan from a director which the club has to repay. It is just another form of borrowing.

The club can generate additional money by issuing new shares for the investor to purchase, but it is unlikely that Delia and MWJ would devalue their holdings and reduce their stake without payment just for somebody to add to the clubs debt, and neither should they be expected to.

People need to understand that if Delia and MWJ are bought out, then the purchase price is Delia''s money not the clubs. The "investment" which then arrives is usually a debt owed to the new shareholder.

Why swap owners who we don''t owe any money to for owners that want to loan us money and then take money out of the budget in the future to pay themselves back. The aim was to become debt free wasn''t it?

Let''s hope not Nutty!! I couldn''t deal with you roaring your eyes out already it gets bloody cringe worthy seeing you galloping along all suited up Lance in hand :)

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]! And as an aside, posters seem to love my pedantry when it suits their argument and only dislike it when it doesn''t...[:P]

[/quote]Oh for Heaven''s sake. Get over yourself, Purple. This is a light hearted (?) message board about football , not the bl**dy Crown Court !!!What is coming out loud and clear in this thread is that none of us; you, me or anyone else actually know what is going on with DM, DS , MWJ et al. They have kept their cards very close to their chest over this, so we are left to speculate. Their silence may be a good thing or may be a bad thing. Depends on your point of view.It seems that most of us think that basically McN has done a pretty good job, but things have started to go off the rails of late . I really do not see how anyone can seriously argue that the club has not gone backwards over the last year or so. I''m sure that will not have escaped the attention of a seasoned operator like McN . And, as someone else has said, he may feel he''s done all he can here and go of his own accord . On balance, I''d probably agree with you that there would be no reason for the board to fire him, but, I repeat that it would not be the first time that a CEO has walked after a low period on his watch.

[quote user="Le Juge"]The impression given at the time was that they wanted somebody else on board.

I think people should be careful what they wish for anyway, "investment" is normally made up mostly of a loan from a director which the club has to repay. It is just another form of borrowing.

The club can generate additional money by issuing new shares for the investor to purchase, but it is unlikely that Delia and MWJ would devalue their holdings and reduce their stake without payment just for somebody to add to the clubs debt, and neither should they be expected to.

People need to understand that if Delia and MWJ are bought out, then the purchase price is Delia''s money not the clubs. The "investment" which then arrives is usually a debt owed to the new shareholder.

Why swap owners who we don''t owe any money to for owners that want to loan us money and then take money out of the budget in the future to pay themselves back. The aim was to become debt free wasn''t it?[/quote]£10m not £20m. And any new issue of shares to a minority investor worth making would now take Smith and Jones'' holding below 50 per cent and so end their majority control.

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]Gp "QPR is far from a club model I''d like here. Joey Barton? No thanks"

Your not still cut up about him and your Hero are you??[/quote]

Cut up about it?

You mean Johnson embarrassing Barton? Why on earth would I be cut up by that.

You are just another non-Norwich supporting troll. If you are a Norwich fan you should be ashamed and seek help as soon as possible.

Reggie Strayshun wrote the following post at 2014-02-14

It seems that most of us think that basically McN has done a pretty good job, but things have started to go off the rails of late . I really do not see how anyone can seriously argue that the club has not gone backwards over the last year or so. I''m sure that will not have escaped the attention of a seasoned operator like McN .

Rest assured RS it hasn''t.

What makes you think you come across as giving a monkeys?
You come across as a complete and utter troll who think its funny to talk complete rubbish.

Talking rubbish??? Yeah of course!!! Really we''ve scored loads of goals, Hughtons a tactical genius, his sub''s do the business time and time again elmander''s amazing, we definitely didn''t need a goal scorer or supplier in January, and we certainly will not go down as we''re playing the best football as we come into the business end of the season!!!

I think you''ll find your talking rubbish GP!!

Where?
I haven''t defended Hughton. In fact i''ve said he needs to go because its not working.
I haven''t said any of the thins you''ve said sarcastically.
If you are a Norwich fan, you are a shambles of one. Opening multiple accounts to act like a complete tool. Even if everything you say is actually completely valid you immediately ruin any credibility you could get because of your blatant multiple accounting and general domineer.
We aren''t doing particularly well, we are failing to score goals. There are lots of problems on the pitch.
BUT we are still a PL side, even if we go down we''ll be one of the best equipped Championship sides financially and player wise as since half of them have been total rubbish this season no one will want to buy them. The club is quite probably in the best position its ever been.

"even if we go down we''ll be one of the best equipped Championship sides financially and player wise" -- that''s it meeky-pele taking it the little old Norwich way....... nice and quiet as we go down good lad. also I seem to remember last time we were relegated from the premier league "we''ll go straight up, the championships weak'' the problem is teams raise their games against the drop downs. However I respect the fact you can see what''s going on, but it''s rather meek to just accept it, McNicey should of got shot of the idiot ages ago ages and ages ago

"Its Board, not bored." lol stupid boy I couldn''t imagine why I put bored!! Check on other threads where I''ve mentioned them as I''ve put "bored".

Also it''s a yellow ok?? For you to suggest I''m not a canaries fan is pathetic it''s like saying "binner" because you don''t agree with someone also pathetic!! I''m a season ticket holder barclay upper have been since I first started work, also I''m no fair weather fan I''ve got the crest tattooed on my back and N.C.F.C on my neck and yes I have been asked if it''s Notts County also Newcastle a few times aswell which is rather strange, which reminds me STFU!! Cheers

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]"Its Board, not bored." lol stupid boy I couldn''t imagine why I put bored!! Check on other threads where I''ve mentioned them as I''ve put "bored".

Also it''s a yellow ok?? For you to suggest I''m not a canaries fan is pathetic it''s like saying "binner" because you don''t agree with someone also pathetic!! I''m a season ticket holder barclay upper have been since I first started work, also I''m no fair weather fan I''ve got the crest tattooed on my back and N.C.F.C on my neck and yes I have been asked if it''s Notts County also Newcastle a few times aswell which is rather strange, which reminds me STFU!! Cheers[/quote]N.U.F.C fans would be pretty p*ssed off if they ended up with N.C.F.C on their neck................. however hammered they were when they staggered into the tattoo parlour.I reckon you''re kosher and certainly not a Newport County fan. They''re N.C.A.F.C.... [;)]

Dreamteam-- you can''t miss me I''ve got you mum sat on once side and an I LOVE SUPER CHRIS banned and when he makes substitutions I cheer him going "yayyy Bunn on for Hooper, great decision super chris, stick him at right back that''s it well done"

Do you want to be my facebook friend also?? Or maybe follow me on twitter? Or maybe follow me round when I leave like a little lost sheep?? Or follow me to the toilet? I mean where will it stop dreamteam MATE.

Just interested to see what someone who tells me to STFU on an anonymous forum looks like.

Still if your tattoos are nice big ones , shouldnt be a problem.

Banner =Binner?

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]Dreamteam-- you can''t miss me I''ve got you mum sat on once side and an I LOVE SUPER CHRIS banned and when he makes substitutions I cheer him going "yayyy Bunn on for Hooper, great decision super chris, stick him at right back that''s it well done"

Do you want to be my facebook friend also?? Or maybe follow me on twitter? Or maybe follow me round when I leave like a little lost sheep?? Or follow me to the toilet? I mean where will it stop dreamteam MATE.[/quote]

Are you old enough to have a Facebook account?

Course "you don''t like hughton and his tactics?? You BINNER!!"

Also I''d *hit my pants with woe at the thought of you coming over saying in a meek voice "hi mate I''m dreamteam off the pink''un, meet me after the game for a (morty-esc) pint" lol people like you make me chuckle, you''d walk past and put your head down meek-boy