Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

McFudge

So after the exciting interview with David McFudge, or as he is becoming David McNothing to say, has your opinion changed concerning the current situation or not?

It''s just confirmed to me that something must be going on behind the scenes regarding tapping up a new manager. Maybe the new chaps not available til end of the season.

Yes it has I now know we will go down, it was the McNicey version of Delia''s "letsbe avenue". Not heard much for a while from in a while and now he''s begging the fans to will the team on, in the vain hope it will work and he will be vindicated and then he will offer messiah2 an extension on his contract as he seems to of gone utterly mental!!! McNasty + begging= pathetic

His body language was fascinating, considering his position at the club & the image he would presumably want to create, reinforcing his spoken words.

He just sat there almost hunched over, fiddling with pen, glasses case, cup & diary. Very weak body language, didn''t look the camera in the eye.

That was an opportunity to send out a strong message to everyone ; Hughton''s team, players & supporters yet he completely blew it.

I only listened to it on a stream last night, would be surprised if the comments about his body language are accurate, will have to try and have a look.

Ha Ha!  Body language?   Is his name McMorison??His body language - if anything -  was that of a person a little bit irritated at having to give an interview at all.   As for looking the camera in the eye - he was talking to a person, not a camera.  Also it wasn''t just one camera and an interviewer there, there were other press and phographers there too - just part of a media circus.  I thought he handled it pretty well.

Quite possibly the most pathetic thing I''ve read on here. Could you imagine if he''d have given the interview staring into all the various cameras. Unbelievable.

Sorry Lakey & Herman, his body language was pants!

He had an opportunity to send whatever messages he chose to all those who had an interest in the club.

A message to Hughton & the management team that things needed to improve, well he did touch on that.

A message to the players, a stirring battle cry, a rousing speech to charge them for the games left. No, not really.

A message to the supporters who are needed by the club to get behind the players in the heat of battle and roar them onto victory. Those supporters who he wants to put their hands in pockets and increase season ticket sales. No, not really.

And then the body language, using the camera the look the viewers in the eyes and convey his sincerity and determination to succeed and take them with him. No, not at all.

Sorry, a missed opportunity by a man who should be leading the club to success.

I like McNally, whenever I''ve spoken with him he''s been fine & talked sense, not a good interview from someone in his position at a club in our position though.

Splutcho, it would have looked odd for him to stare at the camera for twenty minutes, I agree with you.

It looked just as odd for to ignore the camera for twenty minutes, without using it to his advantage occasionally to reinforce the spoken word. Same principle with his hands & hand gestures.

Missed opportunity.

He was talking face to face with the inerviewer, not giving a podium speech directed straight at fans. It was a relaxed chat with some tough questions, none of which he batted away.

I feel as if you wanted a Hitlerian rant or Churchillian bombast, which you weren''t going to get.

Number 9 wrote the following post at 2014-02-15 5:00 AM:

It''s just confirmed to me that something must be going on behind the scenes regarding tapping up a new manager. Maybe the new chaps not available til end of the season.

Come on down Neil Lennon.

[quote user="Herman "]He was talking face to face with the inerviewer, not giving a podium speech directed straight at fans. It was a relaxed chat with some tough questions, none of which he batted away.

I feel as if you wanted a Hitlerian rant or Churchillian bombast, which you weren''t going to get.[/quote]This ^^^A false scenario really, trying to make it look like an informal chat, but in the glare of cameras and press.  Unless you are a professional broadcaster used to doing that kind of thing every day, it isn''t something most people would find easy.  And to give the interviewer credit, they weren''t easy questions to field and difficult to strike exactly the right note in response. 

Hughtons P45.2 wrote the following post at 2014-02-15 6:18 AM:

......... in the vain hope it will work and he will be vindicated and then he will offer messiah2 an extension on his contract as he seems to of gone utterly mental!!! McNasty + begging= pathetic

NO CHANCE!

He has some disgruntled customers and the product he''s selling is struggling to please, he knows that its possible we could be in the bottom 3 before we play Sunday week.

Put yourself in his position, what words & ideas would you weave into your answers to achieve what you wanted from the interview?

Twenty minute interview, let''s guess that McNally was talking for 15 minutes say, what positive messages would you have prepared to get across & how would you have presented them?

He''s usually more media savvy than that.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]He was talking face to face with the inerviewer, not giving a podium speech directed straight at fans. It was a relaxed chat with some tough questions, none of which he batted away. I feel as if you wanted a Hitlerian rant or Churchillian bombast, which you weren''t going to get.[/quote]

This ^^^

A false scenario really, trying to make it look like an informal chat, but in the glare of cameras and press.  Unless you are a professional broadcaster used to doing that kind of thing every day, it isn''t something most people would find easy.  And to give the interviewer credit, they weren''t easy questions to field and difficult to strike exactly the right note in response. 

[/quote]

When CH goes I just pray he''ll take you with him.

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]Yes it has I now know we will go down, it was the McNicey version of Delia''s "letsbe avenue". Not heard much for a while from in a while and now he''s begging the fans to will the team on, in the vain hope it will work and he will be vindicated and then he will offer messiah2 an extension on his contract as he seems to of gone utterly mental!!! McNasty + begging= pathetic[/quote]Hughtons P45.2 + "of gone" = utterly pathetic

seems people are finding what they want to hear from this, inventing hidden messages at will.

i think its quite a straight forward message

Just seen the video.

How anyone can see any negative body language there is beyond me.

Seems some people just want to find whats not there.