Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

McNally: very close to playmaker signing in Jan window

So, McNally said in his recent BBC interview that NCFC were very close to making a big (loan) signing from a big club, a number 10 type of player. Deal fell through because it was dependant on things happening inbound at the club, which did not happen.

I wonder who this player may have been.

Like the secret transfer diary of Neil Doomcaster aged 41 all over again!

I don''t care who we missed out on and we shouldn''t be relying on some loan from another club anyway. This all a acts of a or offensive and getting the excuses ready for if the worst happens.

[quote user="grefstad"]So, McNally said in his recent BBC interview that NCFC were very close to making a big (loan) signing from a big club, a number 10 type of player. Deal fell through because it was dependant on things happening inbound at the club, which did not happen.

I wonder who this player may have been.[/quote]

Rodwell

McNally is an even bigger clown than Hughton!! What is the point of saying we nearly signed someone? He could say Norwich tried to sign Ronaldo & Messi but the fact is we didn''t. Signing top notch players shows ambition. Saying someone was nearly signed is not ambition it''s pathetic!!

Wtf has happened to McNicey. I think 19 months ago he banged his head very hard. Maybe careers best appointment decided he''d rather go to a team that were pi*s poor. It''s completely the opposite of how he used to be and it''s rubbish. Get ruthless or get gone!!!

Football is a gamble, I bet they went through the same process to pick Hughton that they did Lambert.

As for the buy, there''s not really a right way he can answer that question, should he say "naah, we''re fine, theres enough quality here" or "we worked hard as always to improve the side but there wasn''t a suitable no. 10 available for the right price"

His gamble on Hughton isn''t paying off at the moment, as we all know, but it''s too late now realistically. He''s gotta see his gamble through to the end. There are a lot of jobs on the line should we get relegated.

Could be Chadli from Spurs too. He has openly said he was very close to signing for Swansea on loan in January.

But then again, Chadli is no nr10, but a winger