Sign in to follow this  
BGG&YPOS

P45.2/Nutty

P45.2, are you willing to make a bet with me, but money goes to the PUP''s pot? If Norwich go down I will pay £100 to the PUP''s pot, but when we stay up you match it, infact I will put my £100 in also when we stay up. If you are so sure we are going down you got nothing to worry about. so should not be a problem.

Nutty, do you accept money like this for the PUP''s pot?

I am an honourable bloke and will pay up.

[quote user="BGGYPOS"]Tut tut Morty, you used the "IF" word [:)], me, positive by name and positive by nature[/quote]Ha![:D]

Glad to accept anything into the pot for next season BGG&YPOS. As long as you understand that the PUPs pot is not a direct route to the CSF. How we work is the pot is used by our commited team of PUPs to raised funds for the CSF. There is no guarantee how much of that pot finally gets there. So far this season £369 has been spent to raise £409 which is a good return. Of course you can''t put a price on the enjoyment had along the way and the continued strengthening of the structure which will hopefully stay in place to continue to Rays Funds for many seasons to come. I''ve long believed that causes benefitting from peoples enjoyment is a great way to do some good in the world.

PUPs is not an exclusive club and all posters would be welcome to join. The strength of our team is relevant to the amount of committed PUPs we have so the more the better. Here''s a brief run down of how it works : -

The Pink

Un Message Board''s Rays Funds Thread: -

These

threads were set up by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to raise money for

the Academy. There’s a new thread every week where Pink Un Pickers (PUPs) from

all over the world unite to try and get a winning line of six correct results from

the weekends football fixtures. As from August 2013 we have been raising money

for the Community Sports Foundation. Us PUPs all decided that whilst the

academy has so much investment our funds didn’t make a difference in the way

they had in the past. The football club supported us through the change and

support us the same now as when the funds went to the academy.

How It

Works : -

Every

Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers''

(PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures that are

listed on Bet365. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota

selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then place the bet and post the bet

and the odds on here by the Saturday lunchtime. The PUPs rota is made up of the

previous seasons top 40.

This used

to be sponsored but it''s financed by the PUPs themselves. There is no

requirement to pay to play but obviously we need £400 per season. These

donations are made to me personally or via paypal on canaryeddie@aol.com. This is also the email address

for anyone who wishes to contact me.

This

season an anonymous benefactor has funded a match bet where the PUPs who won’t

be making the final selections this season have chosen how to spend a fiver on

the weekend’s Norwich game. Again suggestions are made on the thread from which

the week’s nominated picker can make a choice or go with their own.

Have we

won? : -

So far

there have been 52 winning weeks, and 6 more with the match bet, in which we

have won £2038 for the academy and £409 for the CSF making £2447 in total.

There have been plenty of near misses too and the ''Pink Un Pickers'' have had a

lot of fun trying.

Want To

Take Part? : -

Just

register with the Pink Un Message Board and post your very best selection on

the thread which is up every Wednesday during the season. It''s as simple as

that.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]How It

Works : -

Every

Wednesday during the season I start the new weeks thread. The ''Pink Un Pickers''

(PUPs) then select their ''nap bet'' for the weekends football fixtures that are

listed on Bet365. On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota

selects 6 results from the weeks picks. I then place the bet and post the bet

and the odds on here by the Saturday lunchtime. The PUPs rota is made up of the

previous seasons top 40.

This used

to be sponsored but it''s financed by the PUPs themselves. There is no

requirement to pay to play but obviously we need £400 per season. These

donations are made to me personally or via paypal on canaryeddie@aol.com. This is also the email address

for anyone who wishes to contact me.

This

season an anonymous benefactor has funded a match bet where the PUPs who won’t

be making the final selections this season have chosen how to spend a fiver on

the weekend’s Norwich game. Again suggestions are made on the thread from which

the week’s nominated picker can make a choice or go with their own. [/quote]

I didn''t understand any of that! Not actually true, I got the bit that whatever happens happens every Wednesday during the season, but beyond that I really have no idea. Something to do with sleeping dogs maybe? Can''t see why they would need £400 per season though. But whatever it is, if its helps remove Hughton as manager then count me in.

Moo

How ridiculous have you ever placed a bet before?? If you have you would realise that your getting the better end of the deal!! Please don''t make me have to embarrass you further by explaining why. Also in 15years of gambling I''ve never once bet against my own team.......we got relegated but this few quid is great!!! it''s a complete conflict of interests

I''m sure some simpleton may tho maybe if you send nutty 300 and they send 100 yeah?? I''m sure there will be takers if you want to play fairly. So go on then offer 300, I mean I''m sure your confident in 3goal a game hughton

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]How ridiculous have you ever placed a bet before?? If you have you would realise that your getting the better end of the deal!! Please don''t make me have to embarrass you further by explaining why. Also in 15years of gambling I''ve never once bet against my own team.......we got relegated but this few quid is great!!! it''s a complete conflict of interests[/quote]

Blahblahblah

No bottle.

Oooh Warren don''t double or triple dare me or i''ll hand my money over right now..... to a stranger for odds lower than every bookmaker in the country, just to please some anonymous happy clappers. if I didn''t support Norwich I think I would find the odds quite tempting actually I mean take out man city draw (0-0 anyway) and we''re not playing well at all. However it would be more than a ton on it if I''ve gotta wait that long to collect.

Considering how certain some of you are that we are going down you should be getting the mortgage on our 13/8 price. Conversely we are 4/9 to survive - the bookies therefore indicating that at this stage we are more likely to survive than be relegated.

Where did I say that favourites never lose? The answer is that I didn''t say that and you are setting up a straw man argument so that you can knock it down.

What I said was that the bookmaker''s analysis suggests that we are more likely to survive, right now, than we are to go down, whereas many of you seem to be attempting to argue that we are almost down already.

If I have followed this correctly then P45,2 thinks the odds of Norwich going down are 3 to 1 against.

Good man, I knew deep down that you had faith in Chris Hughton and the team all along.

Donate it to the club??? After the no shows this season. Why don''t you place a bet with me at evens i''ll have barcelona to score more than us in the next 12 games AND YOU can have us to score more than barcelona in the next 12 games. Come on send the 100 to nutty..... or are you you "all mouth no trousers"

quote user="Phil and Ted"If I have followed this correctly then P45,2 thinks the odds of Norwich going down are 3 to 1 against.

Good man, I knew deep down that you had faith in Chris Hughton and the team all along./quote

Loving your work P&T - Exxceellleentttt!

The point is P45, you said we would go down but won''t take up the bet. That''s why you have no trousers.

Nothing to do with Bacca - thats just a red herring to hid your red face.

So it''s a real shocker that west ham have improved to you then, new signings and carroll coming back shouldn''t have given them a lift no? Also just because your arguments weak doesn''t mean you need to insult me. All it does is make you look petulant.

Is that chewbacca?? Or a different bacca?? Maybe to-bacca?? No I quit smoking ages ago thanks tho

Did you mean Barca as in Barcelona?? If so would you take the bet I mentioned?? No course not as you''d better odds elsewhere without the agro of posting your stake and receiving winnings.

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]So it''s a real shocker that west ham have improved to you then, new signings and carroll coming back shouldn''t have given them a lift no? Also just because your arguments weak doesn''t mean you need to insult me. All it does is make you look petulant.[/quote]

That''s actually quite funny .

And no spelling mistakes.

Is your Mum helping you?

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]Is that chewbacca?? Or a different bacca?? Maybe to-bacca?? No I quit smoking ages ago thanks tho

Did you mean Barca as in Barcelona?? If so would you take the bet I mentioned?? No course not as you''d better odds elsewhere without the agro of posting your stake and receiving winnings.[/quote]

No you''re still missing the point. I don''t think we will out score Barca (sorry about the one letter wrong), but you do think we will go down. No trousers, just mouth.

quote user="Hughtons P45.2"So it''s a real shocker that west ham have improved to you then, new signings and carroll coming back shouldn''t have given them a lift no? Also just because your arguments weak doesn''t mean you need to insult me. All it does is make you look petulant./quote

Interesting. So when you suggested that I was talking out of my ''Anus'' I trust you''ll accept that that was also petulant?

It wasn''t at all a shocker to me that West Ham have improved - that was my point in the first place. The ''predictors'' are unable to sufficiently take account of the fitness and availability of players that can make a big difference - I certainly believe that our performances have improved since Tettey came back into the side, even if the results have not yet followed.

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]How ridiculous have you ever placed a bet before?? If you have you would realise that your getting the better end of the deal!! Please don''t make me have to embarrass you further by explaining why. Also in 15years of gambling I''ve never once bet against my own team.......we got relegated but this few quid is great!!! it''s a complete conflict of interests[/quote]

P45.2, respect that you never bet against your team going down and yes I have bet before. please explain why its ridiculous and why am I getting the better end of the deal? It is said that if you arn''t prepared to lose your stake, you should not bet, but I am prepared that is why I stated I would still donate my share when we stay up.

Ok so you won''t bet against your team, lets just change the wording then, you are certain that CH will take us down, lets do the bet on that then, that way you are not betting aginst City, it will be against CH