Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

When do the Inners decide Hughton is not the correct Manager

At the end of the season, when all the facts about the season are known to the the board, I''m sure they will make the appropriate decision.

So meanwhile, might as well put a rag in it, all the carping in the world isn''t going to change anything...

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

Similar to Surfer.........I actually still trust our board who over recent years have made some excellent decisions.

[/quote]Ditto.

[quote user="Surfer"]

So meanwhile, might as well put a rag in it, all the carping in the world isn''t going to change anything...[/quote]Well, logically, Surfer and others, that comment could pretty much apply to anything. When has anything ever changed due to discussion and debate on message boards like this ? Rarely, if ever.I know you Inners would love it if the rest of us shut up about Hughton and his regime of failure, because it doesn''t fit in with your narrow mantra,but I''m afraid it just aint going to happen. The longer this poor run goes on, the louder will become the calls for change. You may not like it, but that''s the reality.In fact, short of resigning, the best thing he could do is get his act together and start winning some football games. You''d be amazed how quickly the attitude on this board would change if he did.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]Players win matches not managers! CH will be judged on whether we stay up or not.[/quote]All right Doc. If we are going to pedantic about this, let''s say ''he gets his act together and the team start winning some games".Happy now ?

As things stand the end if the season will be the time to make a measured judgement.

What does the ''inners narrow mantra" mean?

http://youtu.be/XRwCJuYtyYM

It might be some sort of medical condition which reduces the tendency towards incontience.

[quote user="Herman "]What does the ''inners narrow mantra" mean?[/quote]Simple Herman.The narrow view that Hughton is (and has been) the only option as regards the management of this club.The other group(s) have offered all sorts of possibilities and names, but the Inners stick rigidly to the dogma that Hughton should stay.As I say....narrow.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Incontinence even[/quote]Could well be that''s the diagnosis VW . Because there''s plenty of sh!t talked by them.......Maybe the good doctor can shed some light on this?

"The other group(s) have offered all sorts of possibilities and names, but the Inners stick rigidly to the dogma that Hughton should stay."

On that definition, could you name some ''Inners'' please Reggie?

I don''t think there is one large group of inners that think Hughton should stay,and that''s final. It''s far more nuanced than that, if that is the right phrase.

When we are certain of relegation or lose 6games on the trot. Whichever comes first.

Fortunateley neither will happen as we will stay up and take a considered view in the summer.

I am not an inner but I trust and back the club, team, manager and board to do what is right. Glad they are not pant wetters..

The Hughton project has always been a long term one. lf you really trust someone, you stick by them unless they fail completely. Hughton has not failed. The only thing missing from recent performances is goals. Outfield play, spirit and performance have all been encouraging.  When would I think he should go?  If we stay up he should stay. If we go down he may well be the man to bring us back up. So the answer to the question is the end of next season, if that third season is not successful, either in terms of premiership improvent, or promotion from the championship.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The Hughton project has always been a long term one. lf you really trust someone, you stick by them unless they fail completely. Hughton has not failed. The only thing missing from recent performances is goals. Outfield play, spirit and performance have all been encouraging.  When would I think he should go?  If we stay up he should stay. If we go down he may well be the man to bring us back up. So the answer to the question is the end of next season, if that third season is not successful, either in terms of premiership improvent, or promotion from the championship.

[/quote]There are bits of that McNally interview with Goreham you can analyse various ways, but I cannot believe anyone listening to it would still think that if we get relegated Hughton might be kept on.

He should not definitely stay if we stay up. Regardless of staying up this will still have been an extremely disappointing season with the team having performed poorly for much of it.

I fear that if he stays up we will see mass triumphantism from those who feel he should stay and it will be cited as evidence he''s the right man for the job. It won''t be. We wi have stayed up despite his management not because of it and I very much hope the board can see that.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]The Hughton project has always been a long term one. lf you really trust someone, you stick by them unless they fail completely. Hughton has not failed. The only thing missing from recent performances is goals. Outfield play, spirit and performance have all been encouraging.  When would I think he should go?  If we stay up he should stay. If we go down he may well be the man to bring us back up. So the answer to the question is the end of next season, if that third season is not successful, either in terms of premiership improvent, or promotion from the championship.

[/quote]There are bits of that McNally interview with Goreham you can analyse various ways, but I cannot believe anyone listening to it would still think that if we get relegated Hughton might be kept on.[/quote]

Its a conundrum.  If we had got relegated that first season under Lambert and Lambert had walked, Hughton would have been considered an excellent choice to get us out of the championship.     If we go down the baggage of these last two seasons would probably be too much for him to stay, but it might still be the case that the question is asked "is there anyone better?" and there may not be that many who qualify................

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]The Hughton project has always been a long term one. lf you really trust someone, you stick by them unless they fail completely. Hughton has not failed. The only thing missing from recent performances is goals. Outfield play, spirit and performance have all been encouraging.  When would I think he should go?  If we stay up he should stay. If we go down he may well be the man to bring us back up. So the answer to the question is the end of next season, if that third season is not successful, either in terms of premiership improvent, or promotion from the championship.

[/quote]There are bits of that McNally interview with Goreham you can analyse various ways, but I cannot believe anyone listening to it would still think that if we get relegated Hughton might be kept on.[/quote]

Its a conundrum.  If we had got relegated that first season under Lambert and Lambert had walked, Hughton would have been considered an excellent choice to get us out of the championship.     If we go down the baggage of these last two seasons would probably be too much for him to stay, but it might still be the case that the question is asked "is there anyone better?" and there may not be that many who qualify................

[/quote]

Hughton might have been considered but we did not know then what a limited manager he actually is. Now we do. Also if we go down its his fault. The fans would not forgive him for it. I find it pretty unforgivable that he''s managed to get us into this precarious position in the first place.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]The Hughton project has always been a long term one. lf you really trust someone, you stick by them unless they fail completely. Hughton has not failed. The only thing missing from recent performances is goals. Outfield play, spirit and performance have all been encouraging.  When would I think he should go?  If we stay up he should stay. If we go down he may well be the man to bring us back up. So the answer to the question is the end of next season, if that third season is not successful, either in terms of premiership improvent, or promotion from the championship.[/quote]There are bits of that McNally interview with Goreham you can analyse various ways, but I cannot believe anyone listening to it would still think that if we get relegated Hughton might be kept on.[/quote]Its a conundrum.  If we had got relegated that first season under Lambert and Lambert had walked, Hughton would have been considered an excellent choice to get us out of the championship.     If we go down the baggage of these last two seasons would probably be too much for him to stay, but it might still be the case that the question is asked "is there anyone better?" and there may not be that many who qualify................[/quote]

Hughton might have been considered but we did not know then what a limited manager he actually is. Now we do. Also if we go down its his fault. The fans would not forgive him for it. I find it pretty unforgivable that he''s managed to get us into this precarious position in the first place.[/quote]"This precarious position"  is one we probably would have been in what ever manager we had imo.  Under a different manager we might be three or four points better off, that''s all, but we would still be in this mix of eleven clubs that are at risk this season.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]
The Hughton project has always been a long term one. lf you really trust someone, you stick by them unless they fail completely. Hughton has not failed. The only thing missing from recent performances is goals. Outfield play, spirit and performance have all been encouraging. When would I think he should go? If we stay up he should stay. If we go down he may well be the man to bring us back up. So the answer to the question is the end of next season, if that third season is not successful, either in terms of premiership improvent, or promotion from the championship
[/quote]

I ruddy well knew it, you''re lining yourself up for yet more attention seeking threads aren''t you? You''re the forum pest ldc and you seriously need to be erradicated.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"][quote user="lake district canary"]The Hughton project has always been a long term one. lf you really trust someone, you stick by them unless they fail completely. Hughton has not failed. The only thing missing from recent performances is goals. Outfield play, spirit and performance have all been encouraging. When would I think he should go? If we stay up he should stay. If we go down he may well be the man to bring us back up. So the answer to the question is the end of next season, if that third season is not successful, either in terms of premiership improvent, or promotion from the championship[/quote] 

I ruddy well knew it, you''re lining yourself up for yet more attention seeking threads aren''t you? You''re the forum pest ldc and you seriously need to be erradicated.

[/quote]

There is not one thing in the above post that isn''t something that I have said all along, or that isn''t fairly obvious.  It will take three years to see the best from a Hughton side.  This season I thought would be better, so there have been understandably more questions over his position, but it has always been a long term posting  imo.  And like it or not, its true - he is one of the most qualified manager''s to get a club promotion from the championship.   But, of course, I think he will keep us up, so he will likely be here next season in any case.  

I fear that if he stays up we will see mass triumphantism from those who feel he should stay and it will be cited as evidence he''s the right man for the job. It won''t be. We wi have stayed up despite his management not because of it and I very much hope the board can see that.

There are two aspects to his performances that need to be balanced - 1. the squad is in transition: how is he improving the quality of the squad so that we can survive in a league where everyone has similar money to spend on quality players? - 2. the tactics on the pitch : how does the team approach a game and how rewarding are the performances for the "stakeholders" i.e management and the club supports.

Because of 1. IMO he gets a pass on this season, and if we stay up, then next season is the proper measurement. on 2. well, this has been a major disappointment for me since day one of his tenure, and my question is, can he change his attitude once he has assembled a squad he trusts in?

This time with quotes

" I fear that if he stays up we will see mass triumphantism from those who feel he should stay and it will be cited as evidence he''s the right man for the job. It won''t be. We wi have stayed up despite his management not because of it and I very much hope the board can see that.

There are two aspects to his performances that need to be balanced - 1. the squad is in transition: how is he improving the quality of the squad so that we can survive in a league where everyone has similar money to spend on quality players? - 2. the tactics on the pitch : how does the team approach a game and how rewarding are the performances for the "stakeholders" i.e management and the club supports."

Because of 1. IMO he gets a pass on this season, and if we stay up, then next season is the proper measurement. on 2. well, this has been a major disappointment for me since day one of his tenure, and my question is, can he change his attitude once he has assembled a squad he trusts in?

Agghh !

" I fear that if he stays up we will see mass triumphantism from those who feel he should stay and it will be cited as evidence he''s the right man for the job. It won''t be. We wi have stayed up despite his management not because of it and I very much hope the board can see that "

There are two aspects to his performances that need to be balanced - 1. the squad is in transition: how is he improving the quality of the squad so that we can survive in a league where everyone has similar money to spend on quality players? - 2. the tactics on the pitch : how does the team approach a game and how rewarding are the performances for the "stakeholders" i.e management and the club supports.

NEVER!!! Or at least they would never admit it now. In all fairness if they haven''t seen it by now then I think it''s highly unlikely that they''ll ever see it. It''s people like the "inners" that keep posting money away to collect their lottery prize..... " cos eventually it will come, but I just need to send another £200 first"

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]Players win matches not managers! CH will be judged on whether we stay up or not.[/quote]All right Doc. If we are going to pedantic about this, let''s say ''he gets his act together and the team start winning some games".Happy now ?[/quote]

Not being pedantic at all, Regie. My point is that CH can set out the best game plan In the world but if the players cannot put it together it will count for sweet FA.