Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Who was this number 10 from the "big club"?

It was Messi, but Barca failed to get Wes as he only wanted to join Villa!

The question must be asked though! If we thought we needed another number 10 (attacking option) why only the one failed target? Why was there no plan B? And why no move for the likes of Ince?

Is it all talk to appease the fans?

[quote user="whoareyou"]General consensus seems to be it was Jack Rodwell.[/quote]
Surely the general consensus is who cares?
I nearly won the lotto once btw.

If my aunty was my uncle, she would have b*ll*cks but she hasn''t so she isn''t. There was no plan B to that scenario either.

Sounds like a load of hot air to me!

IMO lack of ambition despite what is said at AGM''s, etc.

IMO there is no direction, or certainly no direction that is being portrayed to the paying public.

Dear Board, What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you say.

We''ve had this same story on so many occasions in the past, "the one that got away".We''ve struggled to score goals all season, up front, and with playmakers. One would have thought this was our top priority, with our only true playmaker, Hoolahan, seemingly out of the picture.But as usual, these top businessmen put all their eggs in one "alledged" basket and once again it didn''t come off. No plan BSo who cares who it might have been, as it didn''t happen and it doesn''t affect us!

I''ve heard on the grapevine that it was Hatem Ben Arfa.

I don''t think Pardew gets on with him and was looking to ship him out if they managed to retain Cabaye or find a replacement for him.

That all fits what McNally says as well as Ben Arfa being frustrated with a lack of goals and wanting to play regular footy before the summer.

Personally though, I''m not sure if he would want to play for a team in a relegation fight.

He was signed by Hughton for Newcastle.

Ray, just out of interest - are you saying because we are in the midst of a poor season the club hasn''t shown any positive direction over the last few years?

I would imagine most fans, myself included, thought the signings of players like RvW, Bassong, Fer, Ollsson, Redmond and Hooper were obvious signs of ambition.

It''s so very easy to criticise the club when things have plateued, but I wonder where you were 3/4/5 years ago, and curious to see what someone so obviously as experienced as yourself would have done differently to those in charge.

Why are we trying to sign a playmaker when we have Wes!!! you could sign Van Persie or Nergredo they still would not score playing under clueless!!! simple, but we do have that attacking player on the bench called Elmander!!

I.S.

After reading my post again, I may have been somewhat harsh/blunt but I will answer your questions as you have taken the time to ask them.

I.S. wrote the following post at 16/02/2014 9:47 PM:

Q) Ray, just out of interest - are you saying because we are in the midst of a poor season the club hasn''t shown any positive direction over the last few years?

A) No, however I am saying I think we could have shown a bit more positivity in January

Q) I would imagine most fans, myself included, thought the signings of players like RvW, Bassong, Fer, Ollsson, Redmond and Hooper were obvious signs of ambition.

A) I agree 100% and refer you to my previous answer

It''s so very easy to criticise the club when things have plateued, but I wonder where you were 3/4/5 years ago, and curious to see what someone so obviously as experienced as yourself would have done differently to those in charge.

A) I was here 3/4/5 years ago and many more besides, as to what I would do differently given my obvious experience, well I guess you will find out when I am in charge but for now let''s just say I would have done quite a few things differently, that''s not to say the end result would have been any different of course.