Sign in to follow this  
Viva Marc Libbra

What about Pardew?

I''ve been reading some things in the media today that he is one game away from the sack at Newcastle. Personally I think he has done a brilliant job there under great adversity.

I know last season they didn''t set the world alight but they had a lot of injuries and the Europa League to contend with. Their downturn in form now has coincided with Cabaye being sold and Kinnear bringing in no replacement.

Obviously all hypothetical now but if Pardew found himself out of work and we had a vacancy here I''m interested to know what other peoples opinions are on having him as our manager?

I was thinking the same. Up until his Newcastle days i have had mixed views about him, still have to a certain extent. It would be weird if Hughton was moved on a second time for him

I would have Pardew any day over Krusty the Clown, We have a manager who brings off our best two players likely to create and score, and brings on Salamander!!! Clueless!!! Fulham and Cardiff are the whipping boys in the Prem, and the only games they have won is against us!!

Pardew sacked! Not in a million years. Has only just signed the longest contract for a prem manager ever.

They couldn''t afford to buy it out, and have no intention of sacking him.

Pardew is all mouth and trousers and a Londoner who fits in with Londoners.    Fits the Ashley mould perfectly.    At Norwich? No way.  There are very few who would fit in at Norwich, especially seeing how our present manager has been treated by some fans.  We have had some brilliant managers over the years, John Bond, Ken Brown, David Stringer, Mike Walker, Paul Lambert even Ron Saunders who was not universally liked but got the job done.  Apart from Lambert it has been a struggle to find a good manager. Worthy was good up to a point, had great support from the club in getting players in that were needed to push us over the line into the premiership, but had no idea how to sustain it. 

Some people have mentioned Lennon, but is that not because they think he will be another Lambert style manager?  I suspect he would not. 

Hughton has come in as a very professional footballer/manager, highly respected throughout the game, took on the job of building a sustainable approach for the club and who imo will get it right, given time.  He is up against it for sure, but I hope he succeeds - as it will be great for our club if he does. 

As for any possible replacement. There is only one person who I can think of that has the right character to take on the job and give the fans what they want - Hoddle.  They might find him a bit "alternative" but the kind of football his teams play are what some people have been shouting for. 

Pardew?  Way too sycophantic.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]Pardew is all mouth and trousers and a Londoner who fits in with Londoners. [/quote]

I''ve never really got why the fact Pardew is from London is often mentioned as a negative thing. No other London born managers (Hughton for mexample) seem to get this used against them.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]hoddle. Jesus Fu9king Christ, *spits tea over keyboard* thats the best alternative?[/quote]Sorry about your keyboard [:D].I''ve always admired Hoddle as a player and manager. I still think he would have won us the world cup if he hadn''t been hounded out by the media.  He didn''t help himself with some of his alternative ideas and odd quotes, but as a coach and manager there were few better.  Maybe he''s been out of the game too long, but I think he still thinks he has something to prove.

It''s not, for me that he''s a bad coach, his record is pretty good. But the combining factors of; would we want him at our club ends in just an obvious answer for me, as well as the fact that he''s been out of the game for so long shows that other clubs also have the same idea

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Pardew is all mouth and trousers and a Londoner who fits in with Londoners. [/quote]

I''ve never really got why the fact Pardew is from London is often mentioned as a negative thing. No other London born managers (Hughton for mexample) seem to get this used against them.

[/quote]

If anything Pardew has improved his image a bit, but in his younger days his arrogance and cockiness  set him apart from other London born managers/footballers.  Wrong to label Londoners like I did, I know.......

Personally wouldn''t want him here. He''s spent a lot of money there and they either seem really good or terrible. No middle ground. Also don''t like how he comes across. Pretty arrogant but you could say the same for Mourinho.

I dont like Pardew.... never met the bloke but I imagine he is a complete c*ck!

should be selling dodgy insurance policies, burglar alarms to frail 80 year olds or 2nd hand cars... "one owner guv, not got the log book or the M O T certificate.. let me know when your own the way and I''ll have the engine running for you.. just warming it up..."

He thinks he''s better than he is.

I remember him `ruling himself out` of the England job - wouldn''t have got it anyway mate!

He needs to start ruling himself out of the United job incase Moyes gets sacked...