Sign in to follow this  
Simple Jack

We shall fight them on the beaches

I was going to a lengthy pseudo-Churchillian diatribe on the courage and resolve we''ll have to show in the coming weeks to fight our way to Premier League survival whilst berating those with the temerity to question whether our players and management were up to the job.

Fortunately, I remembered just in time that I''m not an attention-seeking bore from Cumbria whose interest in Norwich City will evaporate with his precious hooky streams should we fall through the trap door. There''s always a silver lining ...

A very succinct reply for you. Anyhoo, what, pray could we all learn from this speech or the Thoughts of Chairman Mao for that matter that is relevant to the club''s current predicament?

Oh, by the way, will you be at the Spurs game? No? What a surprise. But do feel free to lecture real fans on what they should think and how they should behave.

Jarmany calling, Jarmany calling - LDC our very own Lord Haw Haw.

Makes the hairs on my neck stand up listening to that speech, a small island (us) could do what many had tried to do. Countries far far bigger than us had failed, yet we took it to them, and WON! However let us not digress.

"My Dad heard this speech at the time and it meant a huge amount to his generation"- ldpppcc

It''s a good job it was your father''s generation (fair play to them aswell) if it happened in "your generation" you''d of waved and clapped as the Luftwaffe flew over, the boats arrived on our coast line, and Jerry would of been allowed to set up camp in your house " it''s ok everyone they just want to be friends, they''ve not been great in other counties BUT their behaviour will improve they just need time, get behind ze Germans or or your all a disgrace, Adolf''s not all bad nooo it''s all you fellow Englander''s are a disgrace to this nation, their U-boats are just there to show our ships where to head to stop them getting lost people who thinl otherwise don''t deserve to be English blah blah blah"

[quote user="lake district canary"]Yes, SJ, I will be there as I was for MC, Hull and several others. Tell me, did you travel to Newcastle? Sunderland? 

[/quote]i went to Sunderland. That is 1 day of my life I will never get back, what a god awful journey, was freezing and i can only recall 2 attempts we had, surprise surprise both should have been buried but were relatively easy saves for Mannone.

Although is this really a case of glorified top trumps & who went to what game, who travelled the most & who spent the most money?

How old is ldpppcc???? Old enough to idolise daddies hero''s is the answer..... which remind me..... I must find a picture of Adam and the ants asap for my avatar and upload a picture of Maggie to facebook asap! :D

You went to hull ldpppcc?? Fair play what a beautiful place!

City of culture now aswell!!! Well deserved last time it was Liverpool but they''ve stepped it up a notch. My particular piece of interest was (no not a gallery displaying picasso''s such as the Old Woman 1901, or The Woman taken in Adultery painted by Rembrandt in

1644 BUT flat 12 37b they way they''ve boarded up 1 flat window but left the other window on show with a hole through the glass.......it just brings the place to life don''t you think ldpppcc???? I stopped at the traffic light in Hull once, was the quickest I''ve ever seen tires get stripped off a car ( could teach Formula 1 a trick or two).

Get a life P45.   Sadly, you actually think your efforts on this board are clever or funny, but they are really not.  The lampooning of our manager - and your attempts to undermine me with your trolling - show you up for what you are - a sad, small minded person trying to big himself up.   And what is that expression?  Oh yes, "a little education is worse than no education".  Applies to  you perfectly.

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]LDPPPCC- that reminds me........ I must get some toilet roll today Cheers[/quote]Whats the point in buying bog roll?  You can use your hair to wipe your backside with, as your head  seems permanently around that area anyway....

[quote user="lake district canary"]Get a life P45.   Sadly, you actually think your efforts on this board are clever or funny, but they are really not.  The lampooning of our manager - and your attempts to undermine me with your trolling - show you up for what you are - a sad, small minded person trying to big himself up.   And what is that expression?  Oh yes, "a little education is worse than no education".  Applies to  you perfectly.

[/quote]

1. He''s better and funnier than you Lakey boy.

2. Crusty Hughton is a clown so P45''s called that right.

3. You''re the biggest troll on here Lakey boy, so just fu.k off eh..............thats a good lad.

I was gonna try and defend LDC on the points made, especially 1 and 3, but then saw it was wiz. So carry on.

''so fu.k off eh...thats a good lad.'' -You do sound like P45 more every day.

Zak cartoonlover "Racist Pot calls kettle black!" I''m utterly speechless you could use that word!!!!! Everyone knows the correct term is a "darker shade of grey FFS you sir are a RACIST!!!!! Your missing ben 10. Enjoy

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"][quote user="Wiz"]

3. You''re the biggest troll on here Lakey boy, so just fu.k off eh..............thats a good lad.

[/quote]

Racist Pot calls kettle black!
[/quote]

Ah, hang on, I recorgnise that syntax anywhere!..........its old Pompous.. .aka City 1st..........you''ve been rumbled pompous...again.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Get a life P45.   Sadly, you actually think your efforts on this board are clever or funny, but they are really not.  The lampooning of our manager - and your attempts to undermine me with your trolling - show you up for what you are - a sad, small minded person trying to big himself up.   And what is that expression?  Oh yes, "a little education is worse than no education".  Applies to  you perfectly.[/quote]

3. You''re the biggest troll on here Lakey boy, so just fu.k off eh..............thats a good lad.[/quote]

1. Don''t care what you think

2. Ridicule me and I can answer back.  Ridiculing someone who can''t answer back is just cowardly.  

3. Whatever you want to think.  In the meantime I''ll carry on posting things as I see them.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Get a life P45.   Sadly, you actually think your efforts on this board are clever or funny, but they are really not.  The lampooning of our manager - and your attempts to undermine me with your trolling - show you up for what you are - a sad, small minded person trying to big himself up.   And what is that expression?  Oh yes, "a little education is worse than no education".  Applies to  you perfectly.
[/quote]

3. You''re the biggest troll on here Lakey boy, so just fu.k off eh..............thats a good lad.[/quote]

2. Ridicule me and I can answer back.  Ridiculing someone who can''t answer back is just cowardly.  

3. Whatever you want to think.  In the meantime I''ll carry on posting things as I see them.

[/quote]

Oh yes you do Lakey Boy..................you replied!

You''re playing with the big boys now son.

I really don''t want to because every time i look on a thread,- what''s there?, you having a go at other posters. You''re not discussing anything apart from- how racist you''re not, how racist other people are, how everyone acts like they are a child, how funny on here people aren''t, etc etc.

I''ve tried to stick to the topic discussed recently, but it comes down to nothing, there is nothing to discuss. I go on a thread and this abuse being thrown out, I''m just basically trying to make you realise you''re a di(k so you should either go, or discuss the topic, or just be nice or at least civil instead of patrolling the board in search of someone you disagree with and argue through insults and foul language. I don''t claim to be a saint, but I just don''t get why you have such a big chip on you''re shoulder.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Get a life P45.   Sadly, you actually think your efforts on this board are clever or funny, but they are really not.  The lampooning of our manager - and your attempts to undermine me with your trolling - show you up for what you are - a sad, small minded person trying to big himself up.   And what is that expression?  Oh yes, "a little education is worse than no education".  Applies to  you perfectly.[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh yes you do Lakey Boy..................you replied!You''re playing with the big boys now son.[/quote]Now you''re making me laugh Wiz.   Oh, and there would be no message board if people didn''t reply..............

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh yes you do Lakey Boy..................you replied!
You''re playing with the big boys now son.[/quote]

Now you''re making me laugh Wiz.  

Oh, and there would be no message board if people didn''t reply..............

[/quote]

Or kept bumping ther own threads..............

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I really don''t want to because every time i look on a thread,- what''s there?, you having a go at other posters. You''re not discussing anything apart from- how racist you''re not, how racist other people are, how everyone acts like they are a child, how funny on here people aren''t, etc etc. I''ve tried to stick to the topic discussed recently, but it comes down to nothing, there is nothing to discuss. I go on a thread and this abuse being thrown out, I''m just basically trying to make you realise you''re a di(k so you should either go, or discuss the topic, or just be nice or at least civil instead of patrolling the board in search of someone you disagree with and argue through insults and foul language. I don''t claim to be a saint, but I just don''t get why you have such a big chip on you''re shoulder.[/quote]

Its called history.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I don''t think he''s talking to you. P45 has taken your mantle at the moment......

[/quote]

Then I apologise for assuming ldc.