Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Look at Fulham Mr Mcnally

It might not work sacking their manager but at least they are trying to preserve premiership survival. You are prepared to trust to luck and hope. Do you seriously think Chris hughton will save us from relegation. Only 12 games left how the hell are we going to get 3 or 4 wins. We have only got 6 up to now. Last year he did a job for you. This season he hasn''t. You cannot just hope his management style will change now. not enough games left. You have to act now. Show some bottle

If he had bottle he would have sacked him last year, no balls just bull and no clue like Hughton:........."If

Norwich did their homework before employing CH they never would have,

just ask why did Newcastle sack him when they where doing well, just do

your reseach McNally and the board are grossly incompetent IMHO
"

Hang on a minute - yes they have sacked their manager so they are trying to stay up. BUT meulensteen hasn''t been in a job that long, so surely its an argument to say that changing manager doesn''t work?

i would hate to be in a situation where we get rid of hughton, but then change manager again a few months down the line

It may well be. But at least they are trying something. We are not. Can anyone realistically see us getting enough wins under this present management. We have had are best chance Xmas onwards. Nothing has changed all season. Dreadfully most of the time. The odd good performance.

its a Venkys type panic over reaction. madness and has nothing to commend itself at all.

Don''t forget we haven''t beaten Fulham in 3 games and haven''t looked like beating them. They will finish above us. They are not panicking. They want to stay on the premier league.

When I had look, Fulham were bottom of the league, four points from safety. I''m not sure it''s the best example the OP could have come up with...

The pants must be wetter than Somerset!

Fulham will hammer us again (maybe by just the 4 this time) but they will also be relegated and because their club is not run as prudently as ours they''ll be in big trouble.

No way I''d swap our situation for theirs.

why are they a joke jas? They haven''t got anything to lose, being at the bottom of the league. They didn''t appoint the right man in Mulenstein after Jol who was obviously (i thought) was never a great choice. The fact is, their squad just isn''t that good

[quote user="Francis"]Don''t forget we haven''t beaten Fulham in 3 games and haven''t looked like beating them. They will finish above us. They are not panicking. They want to stay on the premier league.[/quote]3 games? Its more like 30

[quote user="ricardo"]More like panic stations.

If they lose the next couple of games will they try someone else?
[/quote]

And if they win them Mr Ricardo?

I think only a fool would dismiss the idea of ''the new manager effect''. Almost every team seems to get a boost on changing the manager, like using your nitro in A1. Out of favour players get a lift because they can see a future again. Players in the team know they need to impress again as the new guy wont have faith in them like the old guy. The new manager effect could be just what we need right now in this period before our unpromising final 4 games

What a joke this board is.

Listen to McNally. Stop panicking.

We are in a much better place than Fulham who are now the biggest muppets in the league.

We will stay up.

I didn''t think McNally picked the team made substitutions arranged tactics etc. I say again it it not panic it is realism. Sit back and wait that you are suggesting is a no go. Not enough games left. Luck and hope has passed. Action now is needed. Can you not see how it is going and are you happy with it??

My guess is that David McNally has taken a look at Fulham and though OMG what a mess they are making of trying to stay up........I see nothing positive from the way they have handled the overall situation.....and it seems to me that they have now got a man in on an 18 month contract to get them back up quickly when they go down.

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]What a joke this board is. Listen to McNally. Stop panicking. We are in a much better place than Fulham who are now the biggest muppets in the league. We will stay up.[/quote]

Oh dear, is that the Fulham who could be above us next week?

BOBO Out.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]''oh dear is that the Fulham who could be above us next week'' sorry to quote you wiz, but that was gold.[/quote]

Okay, make it two weeks!! [:$] [:D]

If changing your manager is such a nailed on success that will improve your results & get you out of a hole, how come they''ve had to do it again. Much better to stop digging me thinks.

[quote user="Making Plans"]If changing your manager is such a nailed on success that will improve your results & get you out of a hole, how come they''ve had to do it again.
Much better to stop digging me thinks.
[/quote]

Tell that to Palace and Sunderland.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="mrs miggins"]''oh dear is that the Fulham who could be above us next week'' sorry to quote you wiz, but that was gold.[/quote]

[/quote]

I completely forgot that we don''t play this week as well. i was kind of thinking along the lines of Fulham are bottom of the league and we are 5th from bottom i believe.

Wiz....I mean Wizzo.....clearly there are examples of changing Manager working and not working and we can all see both sides of this and its a fine line and huge risk if you keep and if you get someone new. For me, the change Sunderland made last season was interesting with Di Canio.......it worked short term and they kept up but then ended in failure and this is a risk I think Sunderland knew they were taking. So, just which Manager could we bring in who would have that immediate impact? ....and is it really down to taking a gamble and being lucky?  

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Good recovery, Wiz ;)

"If changing your manager is such a nailed on success that will improve your results & get you out of a hole, how come they''ve had to do it again.

Much better to stop digging me thinks."

"Tell that to Palace and Sunderland."

The season isn''t over yet.