Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 27

Thanks for the calm sanity of this regular thread.

Austria this week for top of the table versus mid league obscurity.

SALZBURG to beat sturm graz. Away win.

Salzburg are romping the league and graz are just plodding along.

Good luck Trent and all PUPS.

So you offer up a prediction, and it gets considered for the final selection? I notice no one has gone for an EPL game? Chelsea v Everton is the only game that''s exclusively top 9 teams... So plenty of chances for high odds... I''d go with West Ham beating Southampton.... Both teams have played 3 consecutive games against bottom 11 and West Ham have won all 3.... Them getting the win here would be a good steal...

Having writ all that... I realise this is for this weekend... I''m a week to early aren''t I? Lol

oh well.... Anyway... If I had the Norwich bet... I''d split it £2 on something confidant (likely to be high odds lol), £2 on something pessimistic... And £1 on a little punt with high odds...

So for Spurs Game: £2 on Norwich to score more than once, £2 on Spurs winning with Adabayor to score and £1 on Tge Wolf to score in 2nd half

I''m going to follow our great leader in picking Lyon to beat Ajaccio at home.

Good luck to all PUPs and hope Trent Canary keeps up his record this week.

[quote user="MethCanary"]

Basel to win at home in the Swiss Super League. Currently 4/11 with bet365.

Nutty, I won''t be able to do the weekend of 1st March as I will be in Reading at my brothers 60th party

but would be more than happy to swap for a different week if anyone else is willing. Would hate to miss out this season

but would totally understand if that''s not possible.

Anyway good luck Trent and all PUPs

MC

[/quote]

No problems buddy. We now have : -

01/03/14 Diesel Doris

08/03/14 Newcastle Uni Canary

15/03/14 Norfolkchance 1 

22/03/14 GMF

29/03/14 Meth Canary

Hope that''s ok.

NN - When do you need the picks by mate? Want to give as much time as possible to allow PUP''s to get their selections in, however am conscious that Mrs Trent wont want me sat on the computer all night!

That''s entirely up to you Trent. I can do my bit anytime this evening/tonight. I can assure you Mrs nutty won''t mind how long I''m shut in the cupboard sat on my ''puter. In fact I''m sure she just muttered "the longer the better"[;)]

Young love[U] [D]

Scottish League One where Stranraer (6-1-2-18-9) entertain struggling Arbroath (1-1-9-14-27).Stranraer v Arbroath.......Home winGood luck Tom. [Y]

How can we go wrong this week with another legend like Trent in the hot seat.

League 1 this week please and I''ll have a....

Rotherham home win.

All the best to Trent and all my fellow pups.

Trent, I found a couple of short-price games - Athletic Bilbao Women and Olympiakos Piraeus - which are well-worth looking at. But decided to go for what I believe in the trade is called a value bet in the Turkish Super Lig, in case that fits in with your strategy.Akhisar Belediye to win at home against Kayseri Erciyesspor.Sixth versus 17th out of 18, with Akhisar Belediye having a great deal to play for, being at least in touch of a Europa League place. Their home record is 7-1-1 and 20/9, against the away record of Kayseri Erciyesspor of 1-2-7 and 7/16.Akhisar Belediye played on Wednesday in the Cup, which may partly explain why the odds on a home win are currently evens. But their recent form is as good as Kayseri Erciyesspor''s is bad.Good luck to all!

Firstly, thanks all for your picks. I make it 20 picks which is a

fantastic spread, and as much I like several games to go through, it

makes it damn hard narrowing it down. Have tried to pick a mix of

bankers with a couple of bits of value thrown in. As mentioned earlier

all games have been looked at - Recent Form and low scorers are among

some of the reasons for narrowing it down. Tried to avoid games where

there are away European commitments in the week, but I have seem to have

completely ignored that... Ended up with the following: -Bayern Munich to beat Freiburg - Yankee/Killie - Bayern should be far too strong despite Arsenal in the week.Anderlecht to beat Mons - MM -  3rd v Bottom. Anderlecht have comfortably won the recent matches between them.Juventus to beat Chievo - Til - Juventus home record is impressive, and they have battered the teams at the bottom this season.Barcelona to

beat Rayo - JB/MMMK/Gravy/Vindo/Statto - Slightly reluctant due to Man

City in the week, but weight of numbers has persuaded me.Wolves to

beat Notts County - DD/Leeds/GH/Jtot - I''m not the best at spotting

value, but with four picks this game stood out. Wolves are back on form,

with county having a poor away record.Rotherham to beat

Stevenage - Inchy/Norfolkchance - Was either this or Chesterfield, but

Rotherham score more goals and have two picks to one.Sorry if I am too early for anyone, but I must be getting on with dinner. NN -  I will go with Olympiakos. My picks often fail in my final six so will leave out!

Odds against for me again this week. Fiorentina home win. La viola are 9 from 10 at home and 4 from. 4 against top half teams. Inter have won one of there last seven. At 11/10 fiorentina look a cracking bet.

Fiorentina v Inter home win

All the best

I thought I had already posted this week! Apparently not. I think it was because I was going to pick Juve but saw Tilly already had so went to find something else and got distracted. So i''ll just go back to my original pick of a Juve home win over Cheivo.
Good luck :)

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Firstly, thanks all for your picks. I make it 20 picks which is a

fantastic spread, and as much I like several games to go through, it

makes it damn hard narrowing it down. Have tried to pick a mix of

bankers with a couple of bits of value thrown in. As mentioned earlier

all games have been looked at - Recent Form and low scorers are among

some of the reasons for narrowing it down. Tried to avoid games where

there are away European commitments in the week, but I have seem to have

completely ignored that... Ended up with the following: -Bayern Munich to beat Freiburg - Yankee/Killie - Bayern should be far too strong despite Arsenal in the week.Anderlecht to beat Mons - MM -  3rd v Bottom. Anderlecht have comfortably won the recent matches between them.Juventus to beat Chievo - Til - Juventus home record is impressive, and they have battered the teams at the bottom this season.Barcelona to

beat Rayo - JB/MMMK/Gravy/Vindo/Statto - Slightly reluctant due to Man

City in the week, but weight of numbers has persuaded me.Wolves to

beat Notts County - DD/Leeds/GH/Jtot - I''m not the best at spotting

value, but with four picks this game stood out. Wolves are back on form,

with county having a poor away record.Rotherham to beat

Stevenage - Inchy/Norfolkchance - Was either this or Chesterfield, but

Rotherham score more goals and have two picks to one.Sorry if I am too early for anyone, but I must be getting on with dinner. NN -  I will go with Olympiakos. My picks often fail in my final six so will leave out![/quote]

Thank you for these Trent. They look nailed on and good value too. I can smell another win!! I''ve placed them with Bill Hill and the potential return is £41.07. Here are the details : -

Bayern Munich

1/12

2:30 Sat

Rotherham

4/6

3:00 Sat

Wolves

1/2

3:00 Sat

Barcelona

1/12

7:00 Sat

Juventus

1/6

2:00 Sun

Anderlecht

1/5

5:00 Sun

Another good spread over the weekend let''s hope that we are tuning into Belgium live scores full of excitement on Sunday teatime. Good luck everyone[:)]

Sorry I''m late. I''m going for a home win for Olympiakos v. Platanias.

Good Luck, Trent!

(Nutty ~ my stats should be 23/26 not 23/25. Not sure if you saw my message at the end of last week''s thread!)

So far so good Trent, 3 from 3 with Barca to come later tonight.

Bayern won 4-0, Wolves 2-0 & Rotherham 2-1.  Rotherham gave us a bit of a scare when Stevenage equalised in the 86th minute, but good old Lee Frecklington got the winner 2 minutes later![:D]

[Y]

Yes a bit of a narrow win!

The Rotherham game was my main concern, and the two others I was considering in its place had both won (athletico and chesterfield), so would have been gutted if they did not win!