Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Local pundits predictions!

So the EDP pink un supplement asks the question today of its sports writers and punter columnists can City survive in the Prem:

Those predicting survival and the number of goals scored in reaching their points calculation

Powels - 13 goals, 38 points.

Davitt - 13 goals, 37 points

Bailey - 11 - 38

Armstrong - 8 - 37

Roberts - 14 - 45

Eadie - 9 - 37

Sharpe - 12 - 41

Goreham - 13 - 39

Clarke - 8 - 38

Those who think City will not survive:

Lakey - 7 - 36

Hedge - 8 - 35

Now I am not here to contradict their selections, I hope desperately that city do survive, but in a side that has scored only NINETEEN goals all season, the predicted goals scored column of the survivists is interesting!

What would our pink un message board pundits predict?

Myself - 5 goals - 31 points.

I think it''ll go one of two ways, an agonising slip into the bottom three where we narrowly get relegated or we''ll find that bit of confidence early on (maybe even Sunday) and we''ll romp it to safety, obtain another 4 wins and 4 draws and wonder what the fuss was about. The next two games will shape our season.

Our next eight games are all winnable if we start scoring. I am sure we will and as last year will be on the beach long before the pant wetters and their calculators give up trying to convince us a we are doomed!

[quote user="KeepTheFaith"]Our next eight games are all winnable if we start scoring. I am sure we will and as last year will be on the beach long before the pant wetters and their calculators give up trying to convince us a we are doomed![/quote]

Its unpredictable how its going to go.  Its the same for eleven clubs.   If we can carry on playing well the goals should come, but it is the same as it has been most of the season, a tense battle to stay up for over half the league.  Best tighten your seat belt as its going to be a rocky ride.

Dont believe it will be easy chaps because we are in a bit of a battle with eleven clubs, if you didnt know I thought i would tell you. You never know who will win or lose a game, you dont know who will draw a game either. Thats football you know. Mr Roberts was the nearest to my prediction, but i think he understimated the number of points will will achieve. I mean by the end of the season when all the games have been played and we have finished all our games. Thats when it will be decided who will go down. At the end.

[quote user="LickyDickyCanary"]Dont believe it will be easy chaps because we are in a bit of a battle with eleven clubs, if you didnt know I thought i would tell you. You never know who will win or lose a game, you dont know who will draw a game either. Thats football you know. Mr Roberts was the nearest to my prediction, but i think he understimated the number of points will will achieve. I mean by the end of the season when all the games have been played and we have finished all our games. Thats when it will be decided who will go down. At the end.[/quote]

When do you go back to school Licky?

18 goals, 44 points. If we keep getting in the right positions some of those missed chances will become goals which will bring the confidence back.

Call my cynical - and you can - but I don''t believe some of the pundits here with only two of them are honest enough to say we will go down.

Where are these goals suddenly going to come from? Iwan is a legend but you cannot take him seriously. Blind faith at best.

Would any of them put a year of their salary on it to back up their claims? I think not.

All this is rather dependent on Hughton lasting ''till the end of the season, but I''d go for 31 points - relegation - then the club will turn in on itself.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]18 goals, 44 points. .[/quote]Nurse.....[:D][/quote]

Hope I never see another one of them....

What was your guess Smithy[:^)]

Iwan Roberts!! What a star. I wish I had his optimism.

Our goals for tally this season is very poor and unless things change ASAP then I can''t see us scoring more than 10 in our last games. Points wise I''m going for 37 and finishing 16th.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]18 goals, 44 points. .[/quote]Nurse.....[:D][/quote]

Hope I never see another one of them....

What was your guess Smithy[:^)]

[/quote]I''ll go for 12 Nutty, but with our record I think that''s probably being optimistic

IMO there is almost no chance of getting more than 39 points or less than 33 points.For what it''s worth I think we will get 37 points and if we do we will be safe.34 or 35 will be very hairy though and I still wouldn''t want to stake much on picking the bottom 3.