Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

spurs and villa

can anyone actually see any points for city from these two games ? surely a return of 0 would have hughton hounded out with pitch forks and torches....

[quote user="Herman "]Easy six points.[/quote]

Now six points would put the cat amongst the pigeons.   Beat Spurs, beat our old adversary in his home patch, move up to tenth place, goals scored, Hughton redeemed and forgiven, safety much more likely.   Everything in the green and yellow garden looking rosy...........

You have to admire the optimism of some.we dont score, well less than 1 per game but we still have people saying we will get 6 points from these 2 games, the averages suggest otherwise

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]Easy six points.[/quote]

Now six points would put the cat amongst the pigeons.   Beat Spurs, beat our old adversary in his home patch, move up to tenth place, goals scored, Hughton redeemed and forgiven, safety much more likely.   Everything in the green and yellow garden looking rosy...........

[/quote]

Nurse! he''s escaped again![:S]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]Easy six points.[/quote]

[/quote]nothing in the garden will look rosy to me while Hughton is still here, and I will never forgive hm for serving up the crap we have had to watch the last 2 seasons. IF we beat those 2 and its a very BIG IF, I agree the table will look much better and who knows we may then stay up, then the board can relieve him of his duties

"city4eva"You have to admire the optimism of some.we dont score, well less than 1 per game but we still have people saying we will get 6 points from these 2 games, the averages suggest otherwise

Just countering the extreme negativity with some extreme positivity.

It wasn''t long ago I felt at most games home or away ''we could get something here''. This season under Hughtons managementship I have never felt this. Spurs with there away record best you can hope for is a draw. Villa away the same. It has been hope all season. No confidence

[quote user=" Zak Cartman"]I can see 4 points here, three from Spurs and an away draw at Villa. Based upon how we''ve been playing this is not unrealistic imo.[/quote]Spurs have the best away form in the division so going by most of our home performances i would say 3 points is very unrealistic . Villa have terrible home form but the bad blood between the clubs and the game being live on tv will ensure they play above themselves , Lambert will see to that .

4 points ? wow thats optimistici must have been watching a different team for the last 3 monthsi think we will be lucky to get 1

I think a tight 1-0 win against Spurs, and a season-changing 3-1 away to Villa. ;-)

Why on earth are Spurs suddenly being earmarked as a possible victory? Spurs away was one of our worst performances of the season. Have I missed something? And PL has outsmarted us most of the times we have played Villa, so expect to get beaten in that game. I think we''d have to call 2 points out of those games great results

Its going to be 7 points from the next three games for us why dont the rest of you believe in your team instead of putting us down all the time . 3 points against Spuds on sunday will massive

I think its these two games where our next points are coming from, and wouldnt be surprised if we end with four of them, as thats the way football goes at times...... 

I believe in the players but not the cautious and negative manager. 2 points at the very best and that''s not enough.

[quote user="LickyDickyCanary"]It will be 6 Mark, we are undoubtedly at the begining of an unbeaten run to match the run we had last season.[/quote]

I think six points is possible, Licky, but not inevitable. Still 3/10

"Spurs have the best away form in the division so going by most of our home performances i would say 3 points is very unrealistic. "

I''d have said the same thing about Man City, but we got a point and could have got three. Football''s like that isn''t it? Three points from the next to games for me - a 2-1 win v Spurs, a 1-0 loss (penalty) to Villa.

We are playing better, Spurs were on a good run, but perhaps the break will do us good.Last year we never looked like scoring and then we did WBA 4-0. Sooner or later we''ll have a game when the shots will go in, it happens to every team.Sooner or later we are due a win against one of Hughton''s team''s or ex-managers. We are due that.

If we lose to both, even similar, then  we''ll most likely be in the bottom three, and Hughtons time will have run out! Even the Board will be pressed into a panic change, as time will not be on our side