Sign in to follow this  
Dubai Mark

Happy Birthday Ken Brown....certainly a true Norwich City great!

I feel old when I see someone like Ken Brown reach the great age of 80, Many Happy returns Ken!!

Just like the John Bond era, what the Ken Brown era reminds me of, is that all around the club were positive and had reasonable expectations, we could all take the knocks and keep positive even when times were difficult, and coming back up at the first attempt under his positive leadership was just terrific. It ws of course a very different situation tyhen with the old First Division compared to the EPL. What do you remember from Ken''s time as our Manager?

**To whom it may concern.....Please, I beg of you, do not make this thread in celebration of Ken Brown an opportunity to find yet another stick or reason to beat our current Manager with...........**

We mentioned it on the PUPs thread. Ken was honoury PUP for the day at Colney last summer and no way would you have thought he was anywhere near 80. One of our best and of my favourite managers he always had a smile and a word whenever I met him. And to this day he calls me "boy"!!! [:D]

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

I feel old when I see someone like Ken Brown reach the great age of 80, Many Happy returns Ken!!

What do you remember from Ken''s time as our Manager?

[/quote]

His smile after the 1985 Milk Cup win.   It reflected a mood that encapsulated Norwich the 70''s and 80''s era, an otherwise difficult period for football generally.  Football with a smile.

Happy Birthday to him!

Happy Birthday, Ken. Ken Brown''s team played some of the most attractive attacking football of any Norwich team, in the 1985/86 season, to win promotion back to the top flight. We certainly did it in style that year. Great stuff!

After all Ken achieved with Norwich, I always felt badly about the way he was treated at the end. He is a total gentleman and will always stop for a chat if you see him out. Why he hasn''t been created Club President I''ll never know. Happy Birthday Ken and thanks for everything.

Bumped deliberately, because Ken Brown deserves a better tribute on his 80th than this board is currently managing....come on, where are you........he was our Manager for 7 years, no Manager in our great club''s history has been in charge for more matches.....he deserves more!!!! 

A great football man and a genuine gentleman. The likes of Brown and Bond illuminated the 70''s which, on reflection, weren''t so bad after all.

Ken was one of that golden thread out of West Ham and we were lucky to get him. He cried when we sacked him, and you''ll seldom see that in this selfish game.

He was generous to the fans as I witnessed myself and kept his affinities. He should be recognised properly by the Club in some capacity.

Best wishes and many happy returns, Ken!

And I should have said: here is a thread where we can put current issues aside, reminisce and celebrate.

This was Match of the Week, Gerry Harrison, Willhire Cup, fantastic Admiral shirts, Martin Peters, John Ryan, standing and surging in the Barclay, Air Wair boots, scarfs tied around wrists, Lilly Kemp''s coach.

Come on, you can all do better than this, it''s the Ken Brown era as assistant and manager.

Does everyone do that to you Zak, when they meet you for the first time?!!

Even such a top bloke as Ken Brown?

Great memories of his time here.

A NCFC legend, without a doubt

Sadly before my time so I never got to see a Ken Brown team playing, although you could easily argue the successful team of the early 90s was built by him, the foundations were laid at the very least.

Didn''t realise he had managed the most games for us. That coupled with the entertaining football, the instant promotions after relegation and the Milk Cup win should definitely see more recognition from the club.