Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Chris has been told in no uncertain terms...

Possibly the most stand out term of the interview. Suggests that he may be gone before end of season if needed

Also McNally says it would be delinquent not to have a shortlist to replace a manager whether that be through sacking or manager leaving.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]

Possibly the most stand out term of the interview. Suggests that he may be gone before end of season if needed

Also McNally says it would be delinquent not to have a shortlist to replace a manager whether that be through sacking or manager leaving.

[/quote]

Taxi for Hughton time.

[quote user="ron obvious"]I wonder who the player from a "massive club" was?[/quote]first player that sprung to my head was Sigurdsson, but could have been holtby?

[quote user="ron obvious"]My money would be on Holtby. Sigurdsson further up the pecking order I think.[/quote]

and how unfortunate as holtby has been playing really well for Fulham already ! :(

It depends on what is defined as "close" - it may have been that Holtby had decided to go to Fulham but was told he had the choice of coming to Norwich last minute

It couldn''t have been Holtby as McNally stated the move was subject to the unnamed club bringing in someone before said player would be released. As this didn''t happen we didn'' t secure the loan. Holtby has gone out on loan so that criteria obviously didn''t apply to him.

[quote user="slartyblartfast"]It couldn''t have been Holtby as McNally stated the move was subject to the unnamed club bringing in someone before said player would be released. As this didn''t happen we didn'' t secure the loan. Holtby has gone out on loan so that criteria obviously didn''t apply to him.[/quote]missed that bit - my guess is then Rodwell. Man City were after Fernando, i think it was reported on the day that they would loan Rodwell out if they got Fernando

It was Spurs. Sigurdsson would have come to us if they''d have got someone in. Holtby was already at Fulham them - he''d been training with them prior to his confirmation at that point. Wes also would have left for West Brom had Sigurdsson come here.

Back on track does this mean we''ve had a little word with Neil Lennon? It would fit in with his latest statment.

[quote user="Jimbo Canary"]

Back on track does this mean we''ve had a little word with Neil Lennon? It would fit in with his latest statment.

[/quote]McNally made it clear that they had a list of managers they would consider, but i could not see Lennon leaving Celtic before the end of the season. However, there is certainly a link to Lennon that refuses to go away

You don''t have to be a top player to be at a massive club.

If Spurs are considered a ''massive club'', as suggested above, then we could have tried to sign Harry Kane for all we know.

Maybe it was Quag from Juventus again, they are massive.