Sign in to follow this  
Paul

How long is too long?

Quote from Mcnally yesterday

"If results are not good enough, you have to be aware of who is out there to help. You look at the market and who might be right for Norwich City".

My question is, how long do we wait to sack him? Results haven''t been good enough all season and only the odd win here and there have kept our heads above the bottom 3, we can''t string 3 results together for toffee.

So should we bite the bullet now and get rid or wait til we are in the bottom 3, by which time it could be too later (especially with our last 4 games)

Miggy " for me its when we look like we are more likely than not to be relegated"

So about 3 months ago then!!

If we lose the next two then someone''s going to have to step in as the rot set in ages ago. Get Mcnally to manage with Adam''s till the end of the season. The players wouldn''t want upset the boss now would they. He could remind them accrington stanley are looking for players on loan for a season :)

He is here to the end of the season.  The players are behind him.  They have between all of them to get us up the table. There is no magic fix, magician who can come in and turn it round. They have to sort it out for themselves. I thought most people realised this by now.

Depending on results we could be in the bottom 3 come the Spurs sunday, if we lose we will be firmly in there, I really believe that from McNally this week coming out and saying what he has that would be the end of Hughton. The thing is West Brom have Fulham, even a draw would move them above us but Sunderland play Arsenal, therefore if Arsenal win we can''t be in the bottom 3 and the fabulous Mr Hughton is still in a job!

I''m sure its only a matter of time but why wait until we are in the bottom 3 - act before we are!!!!

[quote user="Eadies Left Huckss Right Iwans Heed"]Depending on results we could be in the bottom 3 come the Spurs sunday, if we lose we will be firmly in there, I really believe that from McNally this week coming out and saying what he has that would be the end of Hughton. The thing is West Brom have Fulham, even a draw would move them above us but Sunderland play Arsenal, therefore if Arsenal win we can''t be in the bottom 3 and the fabulous Mr Hughton is still in a job! I''m sure its only a matter of time but why wait until we are in the bottom 3 - act before we are!!!![/quote]

McNally said nothing that would indicate anything other than no manager is immune from the sack at any stage.  Its just saying how it is for any manager employed by a club.  It does not mean they are going to turn round and sack Hughton any time soon.  If we go into the bottom three, we will just have to get out of it again.  Changing manager will do nothing except cause more problems - and who would you replace him with anyway?  No. The present manager and players have to sort it out themselves. 

Ldpppcc". There is no magic fix, magician who can come in and turn it round"

Shame that, McNicey could of done a cracking line in kids entertainment 1xClown 1xmagician 1xpuppet man (snoddy) and until recently we had McNicey the mime! Delia for catering, fry for the grown ups, wes pops out of a suitcase!! We''d be sorted then.

[quote user="Hughtons P45.2"]Miggy " for me its when we look like we are more likely than not to be relegated"

So about 3 months ago then!!

If we lose the next two then someone''s going to have to step in as the rot set in ages ago. Get Mcnally to manage with Adam''s till the end of the season. The players wouldn''t want upset the boss now would they. He could remind them accrington stanley are looking for players on loan for a season :)[/quote]

Why the last 3 months, we''ve been in pretty bad form since the christmas before last, but still good enough to stay up.

[quote user="lake district canary"]He is here to the end of the season.  The players are behind him.  They have between all of them to get us up the table. There is no magic fix, magician who can come in and turn it round. They have to sort it out for themselves. I thought most people realised this by now.

[/quote]Seriously LDC its ok for you living where you do and being a NCFC fan, but living and working in the city (a city where 20% support the yids) its getting humiliating with this man in charge. Like I said in another post losing to a non league team which is a low no other fans in premiership history have had to put up with. At the moment NCFC are like a slug with a small amount of salt sprinkled over.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Eadies Left Huckss Right Iwans Heed"]Depending on results we could be in the bottom 3 come the Spurs sunday, if we lose we will be firmly in there, I really believe that from McNally this week coming out and saying what he has that would be the end of Hughton. The thing is West Brom have Fulham, even a draw would move them above us but Sunderland play Arsenal, therefore if Arsenal win we can''t be in the bottom 3 and the fabulous Mr Hughton is still in a job! I''m sure its only a matter of time but why wait until we are in the bottom 3 - act before we are!!!![/quote]

McNally said nothing that would indicate anything other than no manager is immune from the sack at any stage.  Its just saying how it is for any manager employed by a club.  It does not mean they are going to turn round and sack Hughton any time soon.  If we go into the bottom three, we will just have to get out of it again.  Changing manager will do nothing except cause more problems - and who would you replace him with anyway?  No. The present manager and players have to sort it out themselves.

[/quote]

He also said the brief is to keep us out of the bottom 3?????

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Why the last 3 months, we''ve been in pretty bad form since the christmas before last, but still good enough to stay up.[/quote]Miggo; if you, Lakey and the rest of the happy crew want to keep believing that , then go right ahead.But some of us are a little bit more savvy than you.....

[quote user="Eadies Left Huckss Right Iwans Heed"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Eadies Left Huckss Right Iwans Heed"]Depending on results we could be in the bottom 3 come the Spurs sunday, if we lose we will be firmly in there, I really believe that from McNally this week coming out and saying what he has that would be the end of Hughton. The thing is West Brom have Fulham, even a draw would move them above us but Sunderland play Arsenal, therefore if Arsenal win we can''t be in the bottom 3 and the fabulous Mr Hughton is still in a job! I''m sure its only a matter of time but why wait until we are in the bottom 3 - act before we are!!!![/quote]

McNally said nothing that would indicate anything other than no manager is immune from the sack at any stage.  Its just saying how it is for any manager employed by a club.  It does not mean they are going to turn round and sack Hughton any time soon.  If we go into the bottom three, we will just have to get out of it again.  Changing manager will do nothing except cause more problems - and who would you replace him with anyway?  No. The present manager and players have to sort it out themselves.[/quote]

He also said the brief is to keep us out of the bottom 3?????[/quote]

Out of the bottom three by the end of the season, which is ultimately what matters.

I certainly wouldn''t say savvy is the right word.

In my opinion we haven''t been very good since the second half of the season on hughton''s first season

[quote user="mrs miggins"].

In my opinion we haven''t been very good since the second half of the season on hughton''s first season[/quote]So , if that''s the case (and I''d agree with you on that, btw), what makes you so sure we are ''good enough to stay up ''?Seems to make no sense to me.

what i mean by that reggie is for a team in our circumstance, I expect us to finish 13th in the league. I put £20 on us last year to finish 11th as I was a big fan of chris before he arrived here so knew we would be alright in his first year and I won quite a bit back from that. Although I predicted that we would finish 12th in our first year in the prem (which was correct) I didn''t place a bet which was really annoying. This year, i''ve bet another £20 (on 13th). Although this was probably down to luck, I have a feeling that I know what the players are capable of. So far we are a bit behind that. Just like Man U at the moment. Although we would dream to have the results they''e had, they are still out of form you would say, because that squad is capable of winning the Premiership, or at least come second. Although results show that we are out of form and at this moment in time haven''t shown what we can do (although i still think we''ll get better and get 13th), we are playing some great football at the minute and with a little more composure, we''ll start to win a lot more than we lose thats for sure