Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Respect

Jesus lakey, you don''t half bang on about some rubbish! I really don''t think you go to most matches as the atmosphere although flat has not relly been as bad as some make out. Given the performances the crowd have not turned, so why the need for this constant preaching? We are all united in a common cause and goal to get behind the team at each game.

I agree on here there are some posters on both sides who are damn rude and if ignored they might go away......

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]As I''ve said before on this board, it all comes down to unrealistic expectations. Many on this board think it only reasonable to expect us to play attractive football and to comfortably avoid relegation.?[/quote]Can''t speak for others, Beefy, but no such lack of realism from me. The number one priority in my book is to stay in this league. Period. Not really too bothered at this stage how we go about it.If we do so playing Barça-esque champagne football then that would be the icing on the cake.But if we win all our home games, up to and including WBA on Apr 5th,  one- nil, then that will do for me.

quote user="Reggie Strayshun"quote user="lake district canary"You''ve asked me this before, but situations change.   It is never all black or white,

/quoteYes I have indeed, and, sadly your reply this time is as vague and full of bolt holes as it was last time !It''s a perfectly simple question. You have opined that the performances are improving . Implicit in that is that the results will too. I''m merely inquiring  at what stage over the course of the next few weeks will you change your policy if ''situations don''t change'' ? And if your policy does change, what do you guess it will be ?/quote

Not wanting to fill LDC''s shoes but I''m not sure how anyone could reasonably answer your question. If I turned it on its head and asked you whether you would change your ''policy'' if we had a few wins in the next few weeks, I think you''d similarly struggle to definitively answer it.

quote user="Reggie Strayshun"quote user="Beefy is a legend"As I''ve said before on this board, it all comes down to unrealistic expectations. Many on this board think it only reasonable to expect us to play attractive football and to comfortably avoid relegation.?/quoteCan''t speak for others, Beefy, but no such lack of realism from me. The number one priority in my book is to stay in this league. Period. Not really too bothered at this stage how we go about it.If we do so playing Barça-esque champagne football then that would be the icing on the cake.But if we win all our home games, up to and including WBA on Apr 5th,  one- nil, then that will do for me./quote

Well then we agree on something!

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]quote user="Reggie Strayshun"quote user="lake district canary"You''ve asked me this before, but situations change.   It is never all black or white,

/quoteYes I have indeed, and, sadly your reply this time is as vague and full of bolt holes as it was last time !It''s a perfectly simple question. You have opined that the performances are improving . Implicit in that is that the results will too. I''m merely inquiring  at what stage over the course of the next few weeks will you change your policy if ''situations don''t change'' ? And if your policy does change, what do you guess it will be ?/quote

Not wanting to fill LDC''s shoes but I''m not sure how anyone could reasonably answer your question. If I turned it on its head and asked you whether you would change your ''policy'' if we had a few wins in the next few weeks, I think you''d similarly struggle to definitively answer it.[/quote]Well that''s as maybe Beefy, but it''s a question that many of us (the honourable ones at least) are going to have to answer over the course of the next 10 weeks or so.I''m happy to put my head on the block right now. I''m not saying anything different. I do not believe that Chris Hughton is the right choice of manager for this football club . Even if we do scrape together enough wins as I describe in my other posting above, then my ''policy''  is unchanged. My belief is that, in that case over the course of the summer we should appoint a new manager.Now, is that clear enough ?. I hope that you and Lakey answer as unequivocally.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]You''ve asked me this before, but situations change.   It is never all black or white, [/quote]Yes I have indeed, and, sadly your reply this time is as vague and full of bolt holes as it was last time !It''s a perfectly simple question. You have opined that the performances are improving . Implicit in that is that the results will too. I''m merely inquiring  at what stage over the course of the next few weeks will you change your policy if ''situations don''t change'' ? And if your policy does change, what do you guess it will be ?[/quote]

I was answering a different question, as there were three in your original post.  If the situation does not change then we are going to sweat it out over the last few games.  There is no magic solution imo.   Whoever the manager is it is going to be tight.  The saving grace is that there will be plenty of other clubs sweating too. So change is not always the best option.  Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  In this case the evidence is in Hughton''s favour for reasons McNally outlined. Even if things get really dire and we go into the bottom three, it will be up to Hughton and the team to get us out of it. We have a roller coaster from now to the end of the season, with Hughton in charge. Best everyone accept that then we can all get on with talking about the football instead of inane and ugly discussion about manager change - something that is very unlikely to happen.

Having just read the whole thread: just one specific thing I want to say LDC: the ability to adapt and change view points is a great thing.... But going from "recent form is all that matters" to "what about his earlier achievements?" is extremely conflicting.... Truth is, both matter... If only you had said that outright...

As for the topic: surely, being twice my age, you know how the world works? I wish from the bottom of my heart that those with an inability to debate maturely just kept shtum... But it aint gonna happen is it? What point is there in posting a whinge about it? I''m not implying "if ya can''t beat ''em, join ''em" ... Merely "if you can hold your head up high while everyone around you loses theirs, then you''ll be a man, my son".

As a footnote: personally... The underlying feel to your original post came across as "hughton outers should do one" to me too... And really.... That irks me more than mud slingers

[quote user="RodneyTrottersFC"]

As for the topic: surely, being twice my age, you know how the world works? I wish from the bottom of my heart that those with an inability to debate maturely just kept shtum... But it aint gonna happen is it? What point is there in posting a whinge about it? I''m not implying "if ya can''t beat ''em, join ''em" ... Merely "if you can hold your head up high while everyone around you loses theirs, then you''ll be a man, my son".

As a footnote: personally... The underlying feel to your original post came across as "hughton outers should do one" to me too... And really.... That irks me more than mud slingers[/quote]

Yeah, well sometimes you just wish some people would just shut up - I know people feel the same about me, so its feelings mutual.   Also, I obviously don''t explain myself well at times, as I do not think that all Hughton outers should "do one" as you put it.  I simply see stuff  I don''t like - insults, name calling etc -and will comment on it.

In your defense: it is a discussion forum... Only rule being it''s at least slightly NCFC related...

If ya had your wits about ya you coulda said "what good does whining about me whining offer?" ;-)

LDC-"

Yeah, well sometimes you just wish some people would just shut up (yes tell me about it) - I know people feel the same about me, so its feelings mutual.(correct)

Also, I obviously don''t explain myself well (correct) at times, as I do not think that all Hughton outers should "do one" as you put it.  I simply see stuff (everything that YOU want to,never what anyone else points out tho)  I don''t like  - insults, name calling etc -and will comment on it." ( comment-well facebook the place for you then)

LDC wants us relegated, total crap he spouts off.

Some one has paid him to put these posts up because no one could think like that if they have NCFC at heart. Tw@t

I shall shortly be relocating to South Norfolk leaving the Classy Rams behind. Having the choice of renewing my allegiance to Portman Rd or the closer Norwich City. What would be my chances of getting a seat at Carrow Rd for the later part of this season and for next.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]You''ve asked me this before, but situations change.   It is never all black or white, [/quote]Yes I have indeed, and, sadly your reply this time is as vague and full of bolt holes as it was last time !It''s a perfectly simple question. You have opined that the performances are improving . Implicit in that is that the results will too. I''m merely inquiring  at what stage over the course of the next few weeks will you change your policy if ''situations don''t change'' ? And if your policy does change, what do you guess it will be ?[/quote]

I was answering a different question, as there were three in your original post.  If the situation does not change then we are going to sweat it out over the last few games.  There is no magic solution imo.   Whoever the manager is it is going to be tight.  The saving grace is that there will be plenty of other clubs sweating too. So change is not always the best option.  Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  In this case the evidence is in Hughton''s favour for reasons McNally outlined. Even if things get really dire and we go into the bottom three, it will be up to Hughton and the team to get us out of it. We have a roller coaster from now to the end of the season, with Hughton in charge. Best everyone accept that then we can all get on with talking about the football instead of inane and ugly discussion about manager change - something that is very unlikely to happen.

[/quote]

Our Roller Coaster is the only one which is going down and has no chance of going up. Hope i''m wrong but its really to late now

[quote user="claxtonfolly"]I shall shortly be relocating to South Norfolk leaving the Classy Rams behind. Having the choice of renewing my allegiance to Portman Rd or the closer Norwich City. What would be my chances of getting a seat at Carrow Rd for the later part of this season and for next.[/quote]

This is a joke, right?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]You''ve asked me this before, but situations change.   It is never all black or white, [/quote]Yes I have indeed, and, sadly your reply this time is as vague and full of bolt holes as it was last time !It''s a perfectly simple question. You have opined that the performances are improving . Implicit in that is that the results will too. I''m merely inquiring  at what stage over the course of the next few weeks will you change your policy if ''situations don''t change'' ? And if your policy does change, what do you guess it will be ?[/quote]

I was answering a different question, as there were three in your original post.  If the situation does not change then we are going to sweat it out over the last few games.  There is no magic solution imo.   Whoever the manager is it is going to be tight.  The saving grace is that there will be plenty of other clubs sweating too. So change is not always the best option.  Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  In this case the evidence is in Hughton''s favour for reasons McNally outlined. Even if things get really dire and we go into the bottom three, it will be up to Hughton and the team to get us out of it. We have a roller coaster from now to the end of the season, with Hughton in charge. Best everyone accept that then we can all get on with talking about the football instead of inane and ugly discussion about manager change - something that is very unlikely to happen. [/quote]All very interesting no doubt Lakey, but you still haven''t answered either of my questions (the TWO above).They are perfectly simple and straightforward. I''m fully aware that as things stand it''s Hughton''s responsibility to improve matters, not yours. But what I''m asking (for the third time) is at what stage, if these improved performances you harp on about do nor mutate into improved results will you change your view (and thus the tone of your postings on here) ? This is not a difficult concept to grasp, Lakey . In short, what will be the pivotal point when you decide enough is enough?If you do not give a straight answer, we''ll all just have to assume that you''ll be happy to accept Hughton come hell or high water, including relegation to the Championship.

"This is the only message board I have ever used or am likely to - I hope when you get to 50 you feel passionate about your home club enough to have an opinion you want to voice"

Well said that man!! How are greenock doing anyway?? Nearly 50 wow you''ll have a heart attack if you keep working yourself up like this 30 times a day. I used to like LDPPPCC, the cool calm collected happy clapper. But he seems to of descended to the level of a guest on the Jeremy vile show!! F this c that not good. There''s passionate and then there''s just down right loutish behaviour. You sir have fallen into the loutish category. Such a shame tho as I used to find your drivel riveting, INSPIRING EVEN it was just like watching paint dry inspiring, now it''s like watching water evaporate on a windowsill, INSPIRING !!! slower, even more utterly pointless, wetter!!! Like I say such as shame as you seem like you''d be the life and soul of the party!! Could just see you clapping, blowing your whistle.......................oh and crying when someone skipped your go in the pass the parcel,. "Who wants a bit of cake kids!!!" excuse me ldpppcc watch out ffs stop jumping up and down I''m trying to see what kids want a slice not bloody you! You grown boy!!

Ha ha that cake bit reminds me of the movie Office Space when they''re passing cake and Milton whispers that he didn''t get any last time. He passes the 2nd last piece but the cake cutter keeps the last one herself leaving Milton shut out again. LDC is Milton.

Well, whilst i agree with some of the sentiment behind LDC''s post - it is as per usual a look at me - now do what i say post from someone who barely attends matches.

Just sayin''

The original post is somewhat reminiscent of a school assembly given by the headmaster after there''s been a bit of trouble among some of the pupils.

[quote user="Colin Trollope"]Maybe you should RESPECT other people''s opinions before doing your patronising, preachy garbage for the umpteenth time LDC.

Seriously are you trying to attract abuse or what?![/quote]

Read the OP again. I am doing nothing more than saying that the abuse of the manager has been unacceptable.  I respect people''s opinions to be able to criticise - but not abuse - the manager.  If that invites abuse to me, so be it, it is not really a problem, the very type of person this is aimed at will quite probably turn on me too - and they frequently do. It bothers me very little.   

But I will also stand up for my right to say what I think too - and this piece of "patronising preachy garbage" is having  a go at those who appear to get off on - are enjoying -  the situation and seeing how far they can push it.  If a fan is so set so against the manager, it is not something they should be revelling in.  I take more notice of those who criticise and appear genuinely upset at the way the last two seasons have gone, but they stop short of abusing the manager. 

There are a sad few on here who have taken on the mantle of "cheerleading" the manager out debate and turned what should be quite a serious situation, into a huge ego trip for themselves.  

[quote user="Hughtons Accessories"]That''s right Lake District respects people''s opinions, so long as they are the same as his own.[/quote]

Yeah.  Thats right.  Twist it however you want to......