Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

i think i have found the reason why we dont score !

Bit sad really. Someone has trawled for hours to find this piece of evidence to snidely attack Hughton.

So someone has searched out a thirty year old plus article just to prove that Hughton will/has become a negative manager.

Here''s news for you. We bloody well know!

Bit sad and scraping an already worn out barrel.

I may have to defend Hughton for the first time ever here. But in fairness i think we have tried to attack the opposition in most games i''ve seen. It''s only away to the big boys i see us play said tactics. The problems lie with the way we attack. It''s archaic, and for me is the result of sub standard, ex defenders, being in charge of coaching. Although it was nice to see us playing balls in behind the defence for once away at West Ham. Too little, too late for me though.

It is interesting without being snidey. It shows that Hughton was forming ideas and tactics of his own while he was still playing.
It doesn''t make him wrong.  It might work at another club.  However it doesn''t seem to be working out for us.  

"norfolkngood"

herman its a bit of fun don''t get upset if you don''t like it don''t comment ........

Don''t give me that bollox. You knew you would get positive and negative responses when you started the thread. It is a forum afterall. And a rather fractious on at that.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]I may have to defend Hughton for the first time ever here. But in fairness i think we have tried to attack the opposition in most games i''ve seen. It''s only away to the big boys i see us play said tactics. The problems lie with the way we attack. It''s archaic, and for me is the result of sub standard, ex defenders, being in charge of coaching. Although it was nice to see us playing balls in behind the defence for once away at West Ham. Too little, too late for me though.[/quote]

^^ what he said ^^

"can u sit down please"I just saw this on twitter.

I didn''t search high and low for it, not may have the poster.

It''s amazing what a few words can conjure up on a search engine

The original newspaper article?

Its not a bit of fun.  Actually it is quite informative.   The balance between attack and defence is a key area of football.   At extremes you have Blackpool - totally attacking  - and a Stoke under Pulis -   just stopping the other team playing.   Eire as a team at the time of the article were plainly too attacking for their own good.

Hughton was brought in on the strength of a cv that demonstrates the balance between two aspects of attack and defence.   Neither too attacking or too defensive.   The problems he has had in getting that right at Norwich are known to all of us.   Where we have struggled has been through lack of the players being able to handle those tactics.   But there have been matches or periods in matches where we have got it right.  In recent weeks it has become even more obvious that the tactics are starting to work - its just the strikers now that need to get their act together.  

Its been even harder to accept the way the team has been playing for some people, as it has appeared that we were so incapable of attacking well at all  for quite large periods of last season - and of course it was a big contrast from Lambert - but again, that was why they chose someone like Hughton in the first place.  But - and its a big but - the balance is improving.  We have to hope that the philosophy is right, that Hughton can continue to get the balance right - and that the strikers when the chances do come, put them away.

it came to me so no searching for it :-)

yes I read the piece to be honest the headline is what I found funny like people have said he has the team making more chances now and looks like we are stuck with him for rest of season , with the extra chances being made and how we played against man city I think we might just stay up !

I thought that headline was a classic though !!!

With this article in mind, it is clear Hughton focusses on defensive solidity, with keeping it tight at the back the main objective, and his gameplans concerning ''the danger'' ie what the opposition might do to us. Isnt there a song where we as Norwich fans state our philosophy on ''the danger''?

Was a manager who obsesses about the danger ever going to be popular amongst a fanbase whose mantra is to never mind it?

"" Bit sad really. Someone has trawled for hours to find this piece of evidence to snidely attack Hughton." Herman

Wow!! For a change we agree on something!! Why didn''t they just show the form table and the league table, could of saved a lot of time :)