Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Ben Arfa if we survive

Appears he is up for sale in the summer.Brilliant on his day albeit inconsistent. I guess the price will be less than half the cabayee figure possibly in region of £7m? I appreciate a lot of ifs and buts before the summer and obviously we would be looking at cheaper championship players if we go down

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Appears he is up for sale in the summer.Brilliant on his day albeit inconsistent. I guess the price will be less than half the cabayee figure possibly in region of £7m? I appreciate a lot of ifs and buts before the summer and obviously we would be looking at cheaper championship players if we go down[/quote]

Lol. No chance.

I''d say there is a fair bit of chance - especially if Hughton is still here.

Newcastle were newly promoted when he signed for them, they were not expected to finish as high up the table as they did. And he has not really been a regular starter for them since Pardew took over.

I could see it happening, and I believe this is that "number 10" McNally eluded to.

Linked to Inter Milan on todays BBC Gossip Column. 
But assuming thats rubbish, even if it isn''t. If Ben Arfa wants to stay in the PL, and Newcastle don''t want to keep him (or he wants to leave, which ever way round it is) no reason we can''t sign him even if we finish 1 point above relegation in 17th.
Everyone apart from Norwich fans respect Hughton, Ben Arfa is probably no exception. His inconsistency is akin to Sessenong, who many thought would be going to a side like Everton or even Man.U etc, but went to WBA a team not really any better or bigger than us. They''ll have more money, but no more real logical ambition. And if our wage budget allows for Ben Arfa''s demands he is a perfectly realistic potential signing. Exactly what we should be looking for if we stay up, he''s better ability wise than our current wingers, just the inconsistency issue.
But if you really think he''s way out of our league, this goes to anyone, then surely we should just go down anyway? If we can''t attract players like him we won''t ever do any better than we have done the past season or two.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Linked to Inter Milan on todays BBC Gossip Column. 
But assuming thats rubbish, even if it isn''t. If Ben Arfa wants to stay in the PL, and Newcastle don''t want to keep him (or he wants to leave, which ever way round it is) no reason we can''t sign him even if we finish 1 point above relegation in 17th.
Everyone apart from Norwich fans respect Hughton, Ben Arfa is probably no exception. His inconsistency is akin to Sessenong, who many thought would be going to a side like Everton or even Man.U etc, but went to WBA a team not really any better or bigger than us. They''ll have more money, but no more real logical ambition. And if our wage budget allows for Ben Arfa''s demands he is a perfectly realistic potential signing. Exactly what we should be looking for if we stay up, he''s better ability wise than our current wingers, just the inconsistency issue.
But if you really think he''s way out of our league, this goes to anyone, then surely we should just go down anyway? If we can''t attract players like him we won''t ever do any better than we have done the past season or two.
[/quote]

That was typically condescending of your posts GP....really ??/ everyone except for all Norwich fans ???

You and LDC need to have a word with yourselves .

Have you not heard any Newcastle fans opinion? Or Brum? Or pundits?
Its taken a year and half for commentators to start making some comments about the way we play. I''ve seen some very upset Newcastle and Brum fans because of the way some Norwich fans talk about Hughton.
He''s well respected in the football world. And so many Norwich fans are just taking it way to far. I wasn''t being condescending, in fact you were, but whatever. Have you seen the way some talk about Hughton on here and twitter and even worse the infamous Facebook groups? I''m not even part of any of these Fbook groups yet I still somehow manage to have the gibberish posted shown to me via here or twitter or someone sharing on Facebook.
I don''t think Hughton is the right man for the job, I don''t know if he can keep us up this season and even if he does I don''t think he should remain manager as he in theory has a good squad and hasn''t been able to get them to the level he wants.
But the insults from certain Norwich fans are just embarrassing. Others can see that, why can''t you?

All my Newcastle mates say the same thing. Hughton - Nice Bloke, sacking was a ''bit harsh'' has respect from the fans. Lacked ambition, negative - especially away from home. Wouldn''t want him back, except for a pint.

The media are deluded. We had Tony Gale saying what a nice bloke he is, how respected he is and how he roomed with him at West Ham (very important that one) but what he fails to state is that the club are playing the most negative football in his tenure ( with the odd exception) in generations and can''t score.

Hughton will never manage at this level again.

If thats what Newcastle fans generally think i''m willing to accept that basil.
But i''ve only ever heard positive comments from his previous clubs as far as I can remember. And like I said, personally he''s not up to the job for me anyway. Just think some Norwich fans are basically just abusive.

If we could afford him he''d obviously be a fantastic signing.

However, surely he''s destined to join a MUCH bigger club than Norwich. His agent could get him in almost anywhere.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''ve seen some very upset Newcastle and Brum fans because of the way some Norwich fans talk about Hughton.
He''s well respected in the football world. And so many Norwich fans are just taking it way to far.
But the insults from certain Norwich fans are just embarrassing.[/quote]

People have to accept that other fans from other clubs look in on this board.  That they see such vitriol against CH must be a cause for amazement, given what the football world thinks of CH.   The impression that this site gives is that some Norwich fans are living in a world of their own and have some jumped up idea about what their club should be achieving.   It is perpetuating the myth that Norwich is a little club out in the east somewhere, where the local population has no idea about what goes on in the real world.  We used to be known as "country cousins" - some are helping keep that label  going.   Criticism is fine, no problem with that - but abuse and ridicule of the manager  - who at the end of the day can''t answer back - is pretty shameful. 

Actually that''s wrong - he can answer back - on the pitch.  For the good of the club and for himself, I hope he turns it round - and I for one will enjoy seeing the disappearing act of some of the more vitriolic posters on here at the moment. 

Newcastle fans were more upset that the club appointed Pardew than they were that they sacked Hughton.

Then they changed their mind about Pardew when he led them to 5th in the league.

Football fans are fickle. But more importantly, why the f*ck should we give a f*ck what other teams fans think about us, and why the f*ck should we give a f*ck about what LDC thinks.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Newcastle fans were more upset that the club appointed Pardew than they were that they sacked Hughton.

Then they changed their mind about Pardew when he led them to 5th in the league.

Football fans are fickle. But more importantly, why the f*ck should we give a f*ck what other teams fans think about us, and why the f*ck should we give a f*ck about what LDC thinks.[/quote]Careful, Le Juge, your petticoat is showing......

Not sure you should be the one to say that Le Judge. You''ve been on here since last year with that account and already posted more than LDC.

The point people are making is that Hughton as a man, player, coach and manager - is well respected in footballing circles. He may not be a success for us in the long run but some peoples vitriol and supposed opinions are completely unfounded and lack substance.

Strangely it tends to be those types that suggest they have a Newcastle supporting friend that doesn''t rate him in the first place.

All I will say is that last season, when playing Newcastle at Carrow Road, quite a few of their players approached him and shook his hand before kick-off. Players do seem to like him.

Hence why the Ben Arfa link is not so easily dismissed.