Sign in to follow this  
skeps

hughton out

anyone else bored of these thread''s., you lot are starting to sound like a jehovah witness at my front door. i think he is still doing a good job if we keep playing like we are we could finish 11th again.

a lot of people want him gone but just a few name''s that have been talked about, robbins, malky, warnock, phealen,,hoddle,. give hughton a break he is doing a good job. fan''s are idiot''s.

I was literally gonna say when I saw the title ''haven''t we had enough threads about the same thing''

(although now that could be applied to ''Barclay seats'' with the inevitable swearing for no good reason).

I personally can see why people on here want hughton out. The thing that bugs me, is that they just repeat and repeat themselves everyday. They don''t say anything new apart from he''s clueless, or a clown, or his subs are wrong. Those are the three things on here that just keep going round, and thats it...all day

Skippdog said

see you at Barclay seats 48/49 during the stoke game.

No you won''t.Silly retort.

I am bored of the fake accounts repeating the same old sh1te about CH out. I am unhappy with the situation but this has become a trolling war between the inners and outers.

[quote user="the bristol nest"]Skippdog said

see you at Barclay seats 48/49 during the stoke game.

No you won''t.Silly retort.

I am bored of the fake accounts repeating the same old sh1te about CH out. I am unhappy with the situation but this has become a trolling war between the inners and outers.[/quote]

The thing is there are no out and out inners.  There are those who are prepared to let the board decide,  there are those who can see that it would be best to keep Hughton here now until the end of the season.  There are those that think he will be kept on next season if we stay up.  Its just saying what the situation is, not people being "born again" inners.  Those of us that were staunch supporters of Hughton at the beginning of the season have had to take stock and realise things have not gone as well as we had hoped and have had to re-evaluate the situation.  

It is not a trolling war - or needn''t be.  A lot of people who want Hughton out don''t appear to want to get too involved in all the trolling that is going on - and who can blame them.   I think most fans realise we have a tough few weeks ahead and that the manager is here until the end of the season.  The trolls that want to keep an artificial war going do not have the best interests of the club at heart.

I want Hughton out now because I do have the best interests of the club at heart.

Thing is he has not been doing a good job for over a year now , thats why we are one of the three favourites to get relegated .

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I was literally gonna say when I saw the title ''haven''t we had enough threads about the same thing''

(although now that could be applied to ''Barclay seats'' with the inevitable swearing for no good reason).

I personally can see why people on here want hughton out. The thing that bugs me, is that they just repeat and repeat themselves everyday. They don''t say anything new apart from he''s clueless, or a clown, or his subs are wrong. Those are the three things on here that just keep going round, and thats it...all day[/quote]

Really Miggins ? you honestly consider that a mild curse is both swearing and as repetitively used and as boring as the constant " Hughton in/out " thread ?

Honestly ?

[quote user="skippdogg"]anyone else bored of these thread''s., you lot are starting to sound like a jehovah witness at my front door. i think he is still doing a good job if we keep playing like we are we could finish 11th again.

a lot of people want him gone but just a few name''s that have been talked about, robbins, malky, warnock, phealen,,hoddle,. give hughton a break he is doing a good job. fan''s are idiot''s.[/quote]
Well, there''s one obvious one.

IMO one of the problems with absolutists is they demand absolutist positions from those that they oppose... and they too often seek to be "antagonized".

[quote user="the bristol nest"]Whilst I agree with most of your post LDC there are is a "shifting sands" of viewpoints that defend CH that antagonise the outers.[/quote]

The shifting sands of viewpoints is just a reaction to what happens as time goes on, injuries, the stage of the season etc etc.   The trouble with the "Hughton out" argument is that it is not flexible. There are no grounds on which the outers can change or adapt. It is a fixed position. There is no room for discussion. So in the face of people questioning their attitude or their reasoning, they have nowhere to go, except to try and belittle and ridicule anyone who tries to discuss it.   Their frustration at the football is added to by getting frustrated with people on here who have differing viewpoints. 

Contrary to what is put out about my views, I have no problem with anyone who has a "Hughton out" point of view - except those that get abusive and twist your words and meanings.  Also, the trolls that have latched on to the apparently easily identifiable position of the outers are just parasites that are  into getting kicks out of milking the situation. 

The "outers" should be big enough to recognise the concerns and opinions of anyone who wants to discuss the situation. That some are not is not a surprise and they are the ones I have the main issue with.  A lot of others I believe are just keeping quiet because they recognise that at the moment the most important thing is the team getting enough points in the bag within the present regime, as it is unlikely to change before the end of the season. I can''t help it if some of the serial outers want to discredit anyone that doesn''t agree with them, or that they get antagonised.  But they are the ones that are inflexible.  The rest of us recognise that  the issue isn''t as simple as "Hughton out" and that there are all sorts of issues to consider.  And at the end of the day, even some of those who want Hughton out now could be swayed away from that view by an improvement in results and a few goals scored.  

Calm down we are all fans of the same club. I don''t want you all at the surgery tomorrow. I can understand the young ones doing it but Nigel and lcd your blood pressure has been high for a while now has it not? Have you managed to shift them extra few pounds we''ve been on about gentlemen? Be sure to pop in and see me gentlemen and we can talk about them little blue pills you require. Morty has surgeon managed to remove the rolling pin now? You really should use a real lubricants I know the chip fat was warmer but it''s irritant not that I would to tell you what an irritant does. I''ve got your next pack optical blue pills, you know the ones that make you look hard. Any old boys see you soon.

Another doctor on here. Crafty will be pleased. Not sure what the collective name for a group of doctors is! Could be a dose of doctors? I had a dose once....

I went to the doctor the other day, I said ''it hurts when I do that'' he said '' well don''t do it''

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I was literally gonna say when I saw the title ''haven''t we had enough threads about the same thing''

I personally can see why people on here want hughton out. The thing that bugs me, is that they just repeat and repeat themselves everyday. They don''t say anything new apart from he''s clueless, or a clown, or his subs are wrong. Those are the three things on here that just keep going round, and thats it...all day[/quote] Here is another one to the list, standing on the side of the pitch with hands in pocket looking as though he has not a care in the world (A corpse would show more interest in the match). Big Sam was going nuts and willing his team to do better in our last match, (guess what happened)

[quote user="lake district canary"]

The thing is there are no out and out inners.  There are those who are prepared to let the board decide,  there are those who can see that it would be best to keep Hughton here now until the end of the season.  There are those that think he will be kept on next season if we stay up.  Its just saying what the situation is, not people being "born again" inners.  Those of us that were staunch supporters of Hughton at the beginning of the season have had to take stock and realise things have not gone as well as we had hoped and have had to re-evaluate the situation.  

It is not a trolling war - or needn''t be.  A lot of people who want Hughton out don''t appear to want to get too involved in all the trolling that is going on - and who can blame them.   I think most fans realise we have a tough few weeks ahead and that the manager is here until the end of the season.  The trolls that want to keep an artificial war going do not have the best interests of the club at heart.

[/quote]while i agree with the sentiment of this, there is one line that sticks out - "the manager is here until the end of the season". The fact is you don''t know this so you cant paint it as fact, McNally should have either backed him or sacked him but twice now we have had interviews from him which have caused more questions than answers with no backing & no sacking. He made it pretty clear that they are already looking at alternatives, and the fact that results have to improve soon. Based on that & recent results (yes results, not performances - no points gained for playing well & losing) i would be surprised if he is here come the end of the season

However, saying all of that, I would still think the best thing to do would be to keep him. Any decent alternative would not be available until the summer (Lennon would hardly walk out on Celtic now for example) so we could end up with a Di Canio style situation where we manage to stay up but are sent 10steps backwards at the start of next season & end up changing manager again. I honestly believe the time to change was the international break after the West Ham home game - i said at the time we cant go through a period of winning a game, losing/drawing 5 just for the manager to win & save his job as we would end up later in the season saying its too late to change yet still being in serious danger of relegation

The funny thing is McNally has never said Hughton will be here ''til the end of the season. He''s also never said he''d be sacked if we dropped into the bottom three. Or all the other imaginary tipping points throughout the season. He has very wisely kept schtum about it although I think he recently said the board continually monitor the situation. That''s very sensible because it leaves the board in total control where they can''t be pushed into a corner by supporters or the media. However it would be foolish to assume he''s here until the end of the season just because he has survived all the so called tipping points so far.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The funny thing is McNally has never said Hughton will be here ''til the end of the season. He''s also never said he''d be sacked if we dropped into the bottom three. Or all the other imaginary tipping points throughout the season. He has very wisely kept schtum about it although I think he recently said the board continually monitor the situation. That''s very sensible because it leaves the board in total control where they can''t be pushed into a corner by supporters or the media. However it would be foolish to assume he''s here until the end of the season just because he has survived all the so called tipping points so far.

[/quote]

I agree with you about McNally.  He is simply covering all bases with his comments.  Of course you can never say never, but common sense would dictate that having survived any potential tipping points, if the board were to appear to panic between now and the end of the season into changing manager - which may not work anyway - they would be going against everything they have done to date.  McNally would never come out and say it, but I for one am convinced on every level that any change won''t happen before the end of the season.  

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]but then i could not really see him doing either of these 2 interviews - he suggested that they were ready to act if results jeep going the way they are, but where does that leave the mindset of CH or the players?

imo he would have been better off not doing the interview (esp on Friday saying they have a list of names) & instead let the fans/club/media focus on the Spurs game, instead we have had a media circus around the manager & how long he will be here for. A cynical part of me thinks that DM may be trying to push Hughton into resigning?

I agree with much of what has been said in this surprisingly constructive thread!

For me the Spurs game takes on quite a weight of significance.

I know that every game is important but since DM put himself up for interview the media will be watching even more closely, we are on Sky and we need to get points against a top side whilst showing that the recent improvements continue.

Ok if we get the points then the latter will matter less.

I am not suggesting that it is fair to judge us on one game but with the CH record thus far this season he has to show that he has understood where we have been going wrong and show that he is the man to change it. Rightly or wrongly I believe that if we lose and play badly he will be gone.

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="mrs miggins"]I was literally gonna say when I saw the title ''haven''t we had enough threads about the same thing''

I personally can see why people on here want hughton out. The thing that bugs me, is that they just repeat and repeat themselves everyday. They don''t say anything new apart from he''s clueless, or a clown, or his subs are wrong. Those are the three things on here that just keep going round, and thats it...all day[/quote] Here is another one to the list, standing on the side of the pitch with hands in pocket looking as though he has not a care in the world (A corpse would show more interest in the match). Big Sam was going nuts and willing his team to do better in our last match, (guess what happened)[/quote]

Yes you''re right, i believe thats how tactics work, you just wave your hands round and then your team scores a goal, dearie me

[quote user="skippdogg"]anyone else bored of these thread''s., you lot are starting to sound like a jehovah witness at my front door. i think he is still doing a good job if we keep playing like we are we could finish 11th again. a lot of people want him gone but just a few name''s that have been talked about, robbins, malky, warnock, phealen,,hoddle,. give hughton a break he is doing a good job. fan''s are idiot''s.[/quote]

a defeat on Sunday vs Spurs could quite probably see us in the bottom 3 with 11 games to following a run of 1 win in 14 games, yet there are still people suggesting an 11th place finish?.....blinkerdness of the highest order, when are people going to realise we''re deep trouble, when it''s too late and we have an ''R'' next to our name on the league table??